Castlevania Requiem Rated for PS4 in Korea

Let's all rejoice! 

Castlevania Requiem:Symphony Of The Night & Rondo Of Blood_PS4(JP)(캐슬바니아 레퀴엠) (주)유니아나 2018,09,19 rating_15.gif GC-CC-NV-180919-005   2018,09,19   OrganizationImage.aspx?OrCd=GC i_view_decision.gif i_view_level.gif i_view.gif
Castlevania Requiem:Symphony Of The Night & Rondo Of Blood_PS4(ENG) (캐슬바니아 레퀴엠) (주)유니아나 2018,09,19 rating_15.gif GC-CC-NV-180919-006   2018,09,19   OrganizationImage.aspx?OrCd=GC i_view_decision.gif i_view_level.gif i_view.gif
Edited by Ptirle
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

The real question is for rondo, the pc engine cd version or the psp remake? I'd also like to see them do the saturn version of SoTN or at least add in the content from the saturn version

PSP remake is the most likely.

10 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

I hope both.

Well, this is Konami we're talking about.

And since this is already an existing collection on the PSP, I don't think they're going to put much effort into it. Most likely an emulation-based remaster, like Patapon.

s-l1600.jpg

1 minute ago, Lance_87 said:

I confess this is news to me. LOL even Parappa is emulated. Hackers are probably happy now...

And another fun fact: both of these have horrible input inaccuracies (and since both of them are rhythm games... yeah, not optimal).

On the other hand, I kind of hope for more PSP remasters like Daxter or Size Matters.

44 minutes ago, majob said:

Truth be told, I'd prefer they'd make console ports/remakes of the handheld metroidvanias

I've played them all, and the handheld Metroidvanias are meant to be portable. Since they'll never come to Vita, I'd like to see them on Switch. But hey, no harm in porting to PS4 while they're at it. I'm not sure where the rights to those GBA/DS games lie though. They might belong to Konami, but since they all released on Nintendo platforms, I wouldn't rule out the rights being entwined with The Big N.

As for SotN, I played the PSP collection on my Vita. I dropped Rondo after a few levels (I don't like the classic Castlevania style), but I finished SotN. I might revisit it in the future.

18 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I've played them all, and the handheld Metroidvanias are meant to be portable. Since they'll never come to Vita, I'd like to see them on Switch. But hey, no harm in porting to PS4 while they're at it. I'm not sure where the rights to those GBA/DS games lie though. They might belong to Konami, but since they all released on Nintendo platforms, I wouldn't rule out the rights being entwined with The Big N.

Who knows... Castlevania needs a definitive collection of all the games released to this day. At least the 2D ones. I think all games were made AND published by Konami. I do remember the first three NES games were released on PC like at the beginning of the 2000s as part of a collection with Contra.

I don't think there are many references to Nintendo IPs in the GBA/NDS titles, so they could be easily removed (they did the opposite with MGS3 on 3DS after all lol)

Edited by Lance_87

5 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Who knows... Castlevania needs a definitive collection of all the games released to this day. At least the 2D ones. I think all games were made AND published by Konami. I do remember the first three NES games were released on PC like at the beginning of the 2000s as part of a collection with Contra.

I don't think there are many references to Nintendo IPs in the GBA/NDS titles, so they could be easily removed (they did the opposite with MGS3 on 3DS after all lol)

The first castlevania was ported to many home computers and had a remake on the ps1 as well 

10 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

I don't think I can shake my head any more sadly than I am right now. 1f61e.png

Hey, different strokes for different folks. I had about 6 games on NES when I was 10, and I never rented or played any of the classic Castlevania games. I think the first GBA Castlevania (the "non-canon" Circle of the Moon) was my first game in the series. I tried playing a few of the NES iterations, and also Rondo of Blood as I mentioned. I was not a big fan. I'm not a very nostalgic person, so if I missed out on a classic game or series when it was first released, chances are good that I won't see past the badly-aged elements of the gameplay when I try it out later. It's not really a graphics issue (although I am getting tired of all the 8-bit retro games these days), but I like my QoL improvements. I can't force myself to enjoy Metroid 1 or 2 either (and I did try them both). The transition to Metroidvania is my point of entry for both Castlevania and Metroid.

Also, just so we're clear, I don't hate old stuff. I love a lot of old movies and TV shows that were out decades before I was born. But I don't have the patience to suffer through dated gameplay elements in old games if nostalgia is not involved, and even then it's not usually worth it for me.

Anyway, this was a good collection on PSP, so it makes sense to port it elsewhere. Compiling a "classic" Castlevania with the first Metroidvania entry makes sense due to their story connection, but it also gives people a chance to play both gameplay styles.

Edited by MosesRockefeller

5 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

The real question is for rondo, the pc engine cd version or the psp remake? I'd also like to see them do the saturn version of SoTN or at least add in the content from the saturn version

The Saturn content would be SWEET. also the PSP edition had the PC engine version as well. If this gets a disc release I will import