Metro: Last Light - "Angry Rant" Hard Mode DLC

Chambers35

Yup, another topic about Metro: Last Light, but this time it's negative. Basically they're limiting 'Ranger Mode' to pre-order, or you have to buy it for $5. It's not a lot of money but the fact they say "It's the way the game is meant to be played" and they're taking it out, it's pretty messed up...

Anyway, here's Angry Joe's rant about it as he explains it better  B)

This is pretty annoying as I wasn't planning on pre-ordering it, even as much as I want it as I'm not sure if I'll have the money on launch. And paying for "DLC" that should clearly be in the game already just isn't my cup of tea. Also after watching the horror gameplay clips, which you can view here, it seems that what you see there is actually 'Ranger Mode' as by the sounds of it, it removes your HUD and stuff like that... which is how I wanted to play it :shakefist:

So, what're your opinions on this, and what's next? I mean, if a game like Metro: Last Light, which isn't as popular as other titles, can take away hard mode, what will bigger games be able to do? Call of Duty being only online and you have to pay separately for the campaign?  :huh:

• Like 1

Selling hard mode as DLC is a big no for me. Even if the difficult adds something different, then it should be it's own separate mode adding more to the game, not removing a difficulty to justify it. 

I gonna be the one to say it, that I'm surprise it isn't Capcom. (RE6 did had another difficulty but it was given for free)

If only THQ stayed around a bit more longer.

Edited by EliteVega

Was watching this right now anyway :P

I totally agree it's ridiculous 

i have pre-orderd the game though .

I really find it ridiculous with all these collectors editions , special editions and steelbooks 

that have exclusive stuff for the game , some of them are ok and fair , but others you get guns , currency etc 

and i don't agree with that you should have to earn it and not by paying 100$ lol