New Astérix movie (computer animated) in the works

Oobedoob S Benubi

Astérix: The Secret Of The Magic Potion will be released in December in France, so possibly later in other parts of the world.

I think this is awesome. I loved Astérix: Mansion Of The Gods from four years ago, and have watched it about half a dozen times since. This new film is made by mostly the same people - same director/writer, same animation company... Though it's surprising that Astérix is now voiced by Christian Clavier (Astérix in the first two lige action films), since as far as I know Roger Carel has been the only one to voice an animated Astérix ever since the very first animated film.

Anyway, this is probably the upcoming 2018 film I'm most excited for to see.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, chellesan said:

I like asterix movies I grew up with them, let's hope this one is good 

Did you see the previous computer animated one, Mansion Of The Gods? I thought it rivaled the old classically animated films in quality.

10 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Nice, his performance of Asterix in the first 2 live-action movies was hilarious. Too bad Depardieu moved to Russia, would've been nostalgic if he voiced Obelix.

I thought Clavier was a bit too forced energetic, for my taste. Astérix as a comic/animated character is usually very restrained until the moment he completely loses it.

As for Obélix, I think Guillaume Briat did a great job in Mansion Of The Gods, and I think it's great that he's reprising his role.

14 minutes ago, NetEntity said:

Pretty old news for me, since the animation studio announced it through their Twitter nearly four months ago, but hell yeah, about time an actual teaser dropped.

Planning to actually catch this one in theaters!

I've got bad news... This teaser/trailer isn't new either, it's from two months ago.

I only found out about this new movie yesterday though, so I figured I'd spread the word :)

3 minutes ago, Spawn said:

I've got bad news... This teaser/trailer isn't new either, it's from two months ago.

I only found out about this new movie yesterday though, so I figured I'd spread the word :)

Ah, I see now, checked the date. The video never popped on my radar until now, heh.

On 9/19/2018 at 4:05 PM, Spawn said:

Did you see the previous computer animated one, Mansion Of The Gods? I thought it rivaled the old classically animated films in quality.

no i only seen the old animated ones, the 12 tasks of asterix is still my favo asterix movie, i never liked the movies with real actors

7 hours ago, chellesan said:

no i only seen the old animated ones, the 12 tasks of asterix is still my favo asterix movie, i never liked the movies with real actors

Tasks is a cool film indeed. I recommend Mansion Of The Gods, it's one of the best Astérix films in my opinion. On live action: I liked Mission Cleopatra, but none of the others.