Trophy list revealed for Spyro 2

DragonQuest238

So, even though the collection isn't coming out until November, they released the trophy list. Want to discuss the trophies?

In my opinion, they missed the point here. They could have given you trophies for earning skill points. Yes, I know that's been done with other games and it's old hat, but some of these trophies seem ridiculous stupid, like having to use all three ammo types against Ripto because the ammo you get is RNG. On the other hand, they aren't that difficult considering how I got 100% in this game as a teenager so I won't judge them if they want to make up their own challenges. :)

It seems like they made a few of them missable, like beating the Ox and completing the Bombo mission without taking damage.
Unless they make there be a way to redo those orb challenges, which doesn't seem likely, those are ones that you need to watch out for

Edited by Kevwino

21 minutes ago, Kevwino said:

It seems like they made a few of them missable, like beating the Ox and completing the Bombo mission without taking damage.
Unless they make there be a way to redo those orb challenges, which doesn't seem likely, those are ones that you need to watch out for

Well, these aren't technically missable trophies. You need the orb from those challenges to get to Dragon Shores anyway.

2 hours ago, FranciRoosters said:

Well, these aren't technically missable trophies. You need the orb from those challenges to get to Dragon Shores anyway.

True, but if you get hit during the ox fight or the bombo mission it would make the trophy missable but you'd still get the orb.

15 hours ago, FranciRoosters said:

Worst case scenario you get that trophy when you have the Superflame unlocked.

So in other words superflame will help u get the trophy? And what the the heck is a fodder like crash abd gulp dungeon plus no challenge trophies means ez plat

Edited by sandra1957

2 hours ago, sandra1957 said:

So in other words superflame will help u get the trophy? And what the the heck is a fodder like crash abd gulp dungeon plus no challenge trophies means ez plat

I'm pretty sure it means beat the levels without hitting any of the sheep and chickens that are around to heal you.
Not entirely sure though

Edited by Kevwino

On 9/21/2018 at 8:55 AM, Kevwino said:

Wouldn't you just have to talk to Handel again to face Bombo if you return to the world? Not sure if it is the case, but though that would be the case, same with the Ox and talking to the robot to face off against him again.  But again, not sure if that actually is the case or not.

7 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Wouldn't you just have to talk to Handel again to face Bombo if you return to the world? Not sure if it is the case, but though that would be the case, same with the Ox and talking to the robot to face off against him again.  But again, not sure if that actually is the case or not.

Orb challenges will be repayable just like in the originals. So, technically, trophies should be unmissable.

1 hour ago, Kevwino said:

I'm pretty sure it means beat the levels without hitting any of the sheep and chickens that are around to heal you.
Not entirely sure though

Yes, that's exactly what it means!

Just now, FranciRoosters said:

Orb challenges will be repayable just like in the originals. So, technically, trophies should be unmissable.

I thought as such, which is why I thought that they shouldn't be missable if you replay them again.  Though I think Bombo's one will be the more annoying one, three times in a row for three different flags and a somewhat unpredictable bomb tossing path.

4 hours ago, sandra1957 said:

When you get the Superflame you can just mash the button for it and not let the bull throw any bombs at you. If they kept the same mechanics and difficulty, you should unlock that trophy in a matter of seconds.

1 minute ago, DrakeHellsing said:

I thought as such, which is why I thought that they shouldn't be missable if you replay them again.  Though I think Bombo's one will be the more annoying one, three times in a row for three different flags and a somewhat unpredictable bomb tossing path.

I remember Bombo's challenge to be pretty easy despite the unpredictability of the bomb-tossing path. I remember aping the same unpredictable movement of the bombs and nailing it every time. Also, during that challenge you can stop and Bombo will stop if you need to take your time with it.

3 minutes ago, FranciRoosters said:

I remember Bombo's challenge to be pretty easy despite the unpredictability of the bomb-tossing path. I remember aping the same unpredictable movement of the bombs and nailing it every time. Also, during that challenge you can stop and Bombo will stop if you need to take your time with it.

Yeah that's true, I think I did that at least, stopped to catch my breath and what have you.  But I think it's really the end part where it's a bit more tight quarters and all that.  But again, at least it can be replayed :D

I am curious about the trolley run trophy on what they mean by a "clear run", on if it's from talking to the Breezebuilder first and clearing it first time or what.

On 20/9/2018 at 1:55 PM, Kevwino said:

Not missable.

Just now, DrakeHellsing said:

Yeah that's true, I think I did that at least, stopped to catch my breath and what have you.  But I think it's really the end part where it's a bit more tight quarters and all that.  But again, at least it can be replayed :D

I am curious about the trolley run trophy on what they mean by a "clear run", on if it's from talking to the Breezebuilder first and clearing it first time or what.

To my understanding, "clear run" simply means getting the orb. You can't get the orb if you fail.

• 3 years later...

Despite a couple of irritating orb challenges (like the infamous cart ride), it didn't seem noticeably tougher to platinum than the first game. I barely died in this one, thanks to the additional hover ability, which allows you to recover nicely from short glides, rather than slamming headfirst into a wall. The flight levels still aren't my favorite, but they seemed a bit easier here.