You think Red Dead Redemption 2 will have MP trophies?

Quink666

Considering the online part will not be avaible at launch do you guys think they are scrapping MP trophies?

The public beta will be avaible in November meaning the MP might not be released until  later.

Would be strange to have trophies for MP when they are not achievable at release.

4 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Considering the online part will not be avaible at launch do you guys think they are scrapping MP trophies?

The public beta will be avaible in November meaning the MP might not be released until  later.

Would be strange to have trophies for MP when they are not achievable at release.

GTAV's MP trophies were unobtainable until Online released a month later, soooo :dunno:

• Like 1

Unfortunately, a lot of my friends are "Meh, I'll just play GTA V".  So don't know if I'm going to be out there with randoms :awesome:  

Oh, please, please R* Gods, put the MP trophies in a DLC, and release it later so I can maybe (slight, slight chance) plat the game in SP. 

• Like 1

Of course if will have MP trophies and some will be really grindy but don't worry you'll be able to buy stuff with sharkbags (the equivalent of sharkcards for the old west). :D

Oh and any/all exploits will be patched right away and will come with a possible punishment for whoever used it but if anything breaks in the game R* just won't give a damn. I mean isn't that how R* does online?

Edited by DizzyDavidson

The ideal thing to do, that won't happen would be the game having a platinum solely for the single player, then a platinum for the multiplayer and I'd be happy to do both. But multiplayer trophies are just going to be part of the main list regardless, but an unobtainable platinum at release isn't going to scare me with that game, because even if nothing were to be fixed it would affect millions of people if the platinum always stayed unobtainable. But considering they fixed Rank 10 on GTA IV 6 years after release, they'd fix any issues RDR2 has with multiplayer on release. I expect it to have trophies that are similar to GTA V, such as reaching a rank online that becomes a lengthy grind and having a challenge type like the platinum awards and requiring a specific number of them. I'm just hoping it won't have the equivalent to the Doomsday heist within it. Even though they're planning ahead for it, I won't be surprised if it's launched like GTA Online with broken character creation, lobbies freezing and infinite loading screens on its release. I won't care if it's filled with microtransactions, as long as the microtransactions aren't necessary for trophies. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, DizzyDavidson said:

Of course if will have MP trophies and some will be really grindy but don't worry you'll be able to buy stuff with sharkbags (the equivalent of sharkcards for the old west). :D

Oh and any/all exploits will be patched right away and will come with a possible punishment for whoever used it but if anything breaks in the game R* just won't give a damn. I mean isn't that how R* does online?

Come one, come all, and pick up your wagon wages, get yourself 30 American dollars for 99.99 usd plus tax :awesome:

I'm convinced it will. RDR 1 had a lot of online trophies, and all their DLCs were mostly online (except zombies DLC). ANd if you look at GTA V, you see they just release another trophy list for online stuff as well like the heists and doomsday heist. Would be super weird if there wouldn't be any online trophies.

9 minutes ago, gamesfourever said:

I'm convinced it will. RDR 1 had a lot of online trophies, and all their DLCs were mostly online (except zombies DLC). ANd if you look at GTA V, you see they just release another trophy list for online stuff as well like the heists and doomsday heist. Would be super weird if there wouldn't be any online trophies.

There was 1 online dlc trophy for zombies and that was reach wave 15 in undead nightmare.