Spider-Man PS4 sold 3.3 million units in three days, becomes fastest-selling PS4 exclusive

Vergil

One million copies were pre-ordered.

image: https://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Spider-Man-PS4-Sales_09-20-18.jpg

Marvel's Spider-Man

Marvel’s Spider-Man for PlayStation 4 sold 3.3 million units worldwide in its first three days of release (from September 7 to 9), and has topped the record previously set by God of War earlier this year as the fastest-selling PlayStation 4 exclusive title, Sony Interactive Entertainment announced.

One million copies of the game were pre-ordered, which is another record for Sony.

The 3.3 million figure does not factor in sales of Sony’s limited edition PlayStation 4 Pro bundle that includes an “Amazing Red” console and DualShock 4 controller in addition to a copy of the game for $399.99.

Read more at https://gematsu.com/2018/09/spider-man-ps4-sold-3-3-million-units-in-three-days-becomes-fastest-selling-ps4-exclusive#pGuplpZXH2dEckql.99

• Like 2

With this kind of news, I'd expect to see even more of the Marvel Universe get Insomniac'd, or at least a sequel to this game (with Silk, Anti-Venom, Carnage, and/or Spider-Gwen?). I've heard many people would want an Iron Man game, but I'd like to see a Fantastic Four game. 

Edited by BlindMango
Merged duplicate topics

19 hours ago, LepreCon1991 said:

EA and Activision be like: "Gamers don't want Single Player games anymore

God of War and Spider-man be like: "That's cute"

Turns out... if you make a good game... people actually buy it.

Hope this serves as a lesson to the EAs and Activisions of the world. That what you need to sell a game is not design-by-spreadsheet, trying to appeal to the broadest possible audience and milking your customers dry. Just some actual creative vision and... you know, respecting your customers.

• Like 2

On 9/20/2018 at 7:12 PM, SunnyCrappyYT said:

Well deserved I'd say. It's a fantastic game, and you get quite a bit of content for $60. No scummy monetization practises. Just you and the game, as it should be.

You seem to forget the deluxe edition, although it was 10€, it's still scummy of them and the only negative thing i can say about the game

9 minutes ago, SanhRim said:

You seem to forget the deluxe edition, although it was 10€, it's still scummy of them and the only negative thing i can say about the game

There was also a console bundle that had the game and expansion pass free. If we use your logic that's -$70.

Those was all business moves. Nothing scummy about making multiple optional versions.  

25 minutes ago, Kas1poz said:

On the game page it says ' only' 51176 game owners. 

But where is the rest?  Can someone explain this to me thanks. 

Even on the GOW game page it does not say a million game owners. 

You're kidding right? This site doesn't track every ps4 owner. Only the people that sign up on this site are tracked and it's a very small percentage of ps4 owners on here.

Edited by rolltideroll157
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

There was also a console bundle that had the game and expansion pass free. If we use your logic that's -$70.

Those was all business moves. Nothing scummy about making multiple optional versions.  

Lmfao get out, what kind of thinking is that? It is and it should never be accepted! 

Accepting season passes is NOT acceptable, and if you do release a dlc then take a look at guerilla games/cd projekt red wich are basicly games on their own. 

1 hour ago, SanhRim said:

Lmfao get out, what kind of thinking is that? It is and it should never be accepted! 

Accepting season passes is NOT acceptable, and if you do release a dlc then take a look at guerilla games/cd projekt red wich are basicly games on their own. 

You said $10 so I pointed about a bundle that gave the game away free. If the thinking is faulty then you're the one to blame for making it about money or the cost of the game.

Your opinion about what is acceptable is only your opinion. Some my share it but there's a reason your kind is called the vocal minority.  You're often loud and more often irrelevant. 

Sony is a business. They aren't trying to be your friend. They've published a quality product with a season pass to content that might be as good as the base game. Gamers will only know when we get our hands on those stories. We don't know how they stack up to what GG or CD has put out. Why don't you think properly and let those story expansions release before complaining about them. I forgot....the vocal stupidity won't permit you to calm down enough for rational thinking. 

Edited by TJ_Solo
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

You said $10 so I pointed about a bundle that gave the game away free. If the thinking is faulty then you're the one to blame for making it about money or the cost of the game.

Your opinion about what is acceptable is only your opinion. Some my share it but there's a reason your kind is called the vocal minority.  You're often loud and more often irrelevant. 

Sony is a business. They aren't trying to be your friend. They've published a quality product with a season pass to content that might be as good as the base game. Gamers will only know when we get our hands on those stories. We don't know how they stack up to what GG or CD has put out. Why don't you think properly and let those story expansions release before complaining about them. I forgot....the vocal stupidity won't permit you to calm down enough for rational thinking. 

Vocal minority, lol. Yarin seni görerim h3h3 :). 

Really hope Marvel doesn't go back to Insomaniac. It is a very poor game. Dodge mechanic is non-existent, combat is sub-par and the constant playing of non-Spider-Man characters is annoying. Only fun part is zipping through the city but only when you arent doing a time mission from Taskmaster. I will finish it, get the plat, do the DLC because I paid for it but I will hide it from my profile. Disappointed is an understatement.

Did enjoy the story. Always liked the story Spider-Man brought to the field.

Edited by Matrim_Drasgen

2 hours ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

Really hope Marvel doesn't go back to Insomaniac. It is a very poor game. Dodge mechanic is non-existent, combat is sub-par and the constant playing of non-Spider-Man characters is annoying. Only fun part is zipping through the city but only when you arent doing a time mission from Taskmaster. I will finish it, get the plat, do the DLC because I paid for it but I will hide it from my profile. Disappointed is an understatement.

Did enjoy the story. Always liked the story Spider-Man brought to the field.

100% they will, the ending gave hints for a sequel and the huge sales is the green light for another project. Personally I really enjoyed the game although I agree with you stating how annoying having to play other characters was, I think it was just the fact you HAD to play them stealthy. The side content was also a little tedious and I hope they add more variety in the next one because it just became bland and boring, especially the crimes in progress.