What Lego game is the best and most fun to plat?

Quink666

Decided to go out of my comfort zone and try platting something i never normally would. So i decided it should be a Lego game, but there are a ton of them so i dont know which ones are good and which one are not. The only one that caught my eye was Lego: The Hobbit since i love the LOTR universe, but i doubt a lego game would any anything much to it.

Would preferably play it on PS4.

• Like 2

I’ve either dabbled in or completed most of the Lego games on other consoles/profiles. Lego the Hobbit - eh, not that memorable. Lego the Movie game - fun, funny, and great. 

I liked Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens so much that its up there with my favorite games of all times. It has:

New elements - shooting, multi builds
Humor and great acting
Great graphics

The races are so fun : Snowboarding, dirt bikes on sand, water crafting, sky crafts ... I love to hop on a vehicle to get place to place for the mini missions and I usually hate vehicles or racing in games. 

Open world enjoyable fun, not just getting the bricks and mini kits in for the trophies. 

This is one lego game that seems more enjoyable than grinding to get the plat. I plan to play it for my next game on this profile as well. 

I’m definitely biased. I loooove this game. I think this would be a very fun plat with no frustrations as sometimes come with lego games. 

1 minute ago, Bos10George said:

I only have 1 so I am biased, but Lego Marvel Superheroes was fun. It was one of the first PS4 games so it should be pretty cheap too.

LEGO Marvel Superheroes is hands-down the most entertaining on PS4. The only games that I think measure up are on PS3, not PS4. You don't even have to be a comics fan to enjoy it; if you have even basic knowledge of the recent Marvel movies, you'll understand a lot of the game. For me, this game stands as the best because it makes such a great use of the licensed material. The sequel was also great, but lost something when it lost the X-Men and Fantastic Four characters.

The other LEGO games are pretty good also, but your enjoyment depends more on how much you like the franchise for that game. I felt like the Hobbit game was a bit of a slog, due to not being able to traverse the world as easily as Marvel.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jamescush147 said:

Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Plus it's on sale at the Playstation Store. 1f609.png

It most certainly is. Just gotta find a 2nd game to get the 70% off.

Guess im leaning towards Marvel Super Heroes since it is also avaible on the same sale.

I have quite a few lego games on my card (I plan to do them all), I would say the worst one for me was Lego Lord of the Rings! I love the films and books too! The best one for me was Jurassic World, it’s short in comparison to most lego games and may be a good opener to the series for you as some are rather long at the collectible stage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quink666 said:

Decided to go out of my comfort zone and try platting something i never normally would. So i decided it should be a Lego game, but there are a ton of them so i dont know which ones are good and which one are not. The only one that caught my eye was Lego: The Hobbit since i love the LOTR universe, but i doubt a lego game would any anything much to it.

Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Lego Avengers, hands down. Lego Dimensions can be nice since you have multiple franchise characters. Worst Lego game? Batman 3. I still need to play my Lego Movie, Super-Heroes 2, and Ninjago though. If you get a Vita, try out Chima and the later Ninja game. They're fun and don't require 100%. 

Edited by Armored Squirrel
  • Like 1

All Lego games are equally fun (more or less depending if you like that franchise) but if you want the platinum in the process...

this is the easy choice: Lego Movie: The Videogame. 

In all lego games you have to do 2 playthroughs to plat. and may become repetitive and boring. Lego the movie is shorter than the other games and you don´t have to unlock so many characters, collect so many yellow bricks, so many minikits and all that boring stuff. 

Edited by fabiansc83
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Quink666 said:

Decided to go out of my comfort zone and try platting something i never normally would.

Hmm "comfort zone"?, probably OP only plays point and click games, and now want to plat something a little bit harder.

After browsing more than 200 plats.: What, you've platted a lot of different genres, from Mayo to Dark souls. 

Oh well ?

I haven't play a lot of Lego games, I enjoyed a lot Lord of the Rings, but maybe because I'm a fan. No Ps4 version :/

• Like 1

Just now, GoldenShaka said:

Hmm "comfort zone"?, probably OP only plays point and click games, and now want to plat something a little bit harder.

After browsing more than 200 plats.: What, you've platted a lot of different genres, from Mayo to Dark souls. 

Oh well 1f606.png

I haven't play a lot of Lego games, I enjoyed a lot Lord of the Rings, but maybe because I'm a fan. No Ps4 version :/

Out of my comfort zone i mean games i would normally never ever consider even playing. The Lego franchise is one of them. Another franchise i considered was Persona or Yakuza series, but ultimately i decided on Lego since it is the kind of game i have the very least or no experience with.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Out of my comfort zone i mean games i would normally never ever consider even playing. The Lego franchise is one of them. Another franchise i considered was Persona or Yakuza series, but ultimately i decided on Lego since it is the kind of game i have the very least or no experience with.

Hmm but Persona does not have many ps4 games :/  In the other hand Yakuza collection is growing :)

• Like 1

I've played about 10 LEGO games at this point, and LEGO Marvel Super Heroes is downright my favorite out of all of them...so much so that I platted it on both PS3 and PS4. The story in the game is a bit unique in that, it's not canon to the MCU...yet, in it's own way takes place after the first Avengers movie (Iron Man makes references to the "incident" in New York). The game is funny, it's action packed, it has amazing music (especially when you jump off the SHEILD Hellicarrier), plenty of activities to do. The ONLY downside to the entire game are the atrocious flying controls which were improved in later games...but it's not a deal breaker.

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens is up there too. Prefer DC instead? Can't go wrong with LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (LEGO Batman 3 was good, but I personally thought 2 was better). 

LEGO The Lord of the Rings and LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean where my least favorites that I played. It's not that they were bad games, I was just bored by them. I played them after I played more modern LEGO games, and I prefer the modern improvements. 

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 felt like it was trying to be too ambitious, and it kinda fell flat. A lot of people like to say it's the lack of X-Men...but it's really down to tone. The game had a ton to do, but somehow still felt empty. 

Still have LEGO Harry Potter Remastered, LEGO The Hobbit and LEGO Jurassic World sitting in the backlog. LEGO games are always good for those moments when you're just in the mood for something simple. 

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1

On Thursday, September 20, 2018 at 1:59 PM, Quink666 said:

I have platted a few of those and they are all fun but my 2 favs are lego city and lego the movie game. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DrHambone said:

Aside from PS4, what is a good/fun/best Lego game for PS Vita?

I still have a vita and all the lego games that are available for it. Its kinda hard to say because the differ from their console version but as far as what ive played on it i really like the ninjago games. I would say if u still have a vita you could probably pick most of them up pretty cheap now. Lego is a fun series with easy plats. Not quick plats but easy

12 hours ago, Viper said:

I've played about 10 LEGO games at this point, and LEGO Marvel Super Heroes is downright my favorite out of all of them...so much so that I platted it on both PS3 and PS4. The story in the game is a bit unique in that, it's not canon to the MCU...yet, in it's own way takes place after the first Avengers movie (Iron Man makes references to the "incident" in New York). The game is funny, it's action packed, it has amazing music (especially when you jump off the SHEILD Hellicarrier), plenty of activities to do. The ONLY downside to the entire game are the atrocious flying controls which were improved in later games...but it's not a deal breaker.

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens is up there too. Prefer DC instead? Can't go wrong with LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (LEGO Batman 3 was good, but I personally thought 2 was better). 

LEGO The Lord of the Rings and LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean where my least favorites that I played. It's not that they were bad games, I was just bored by them. I played them after I played more modern LEGO games, and I prefer the modern improvements. 

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 felt like it was trying to be too ambitious, and it kinda fell flat. A lot of people like to say it's the lack of X-Men...but it's really down to tone. The game had a ton to do, but somehow still felt empty. 

Still have LEGO Harry Potter Remastered, LEGO The Hobbit and LEGO Jurassic World sitting in the backlog. LEGO games are always good for those moments when you're just in the mood for something simple. 

Oh those are some good ones also. Harry potter is a bit longer than most of them. I tell you another is if u still have ps3 is pirates of the carribean. Thats actually my first lego plat and really enjoyed it. 

• Like 1

I don't think you can go wrong with any Lego game really. I really enjoyed the Lego Movie videogame, I platted it in 10 hours game time wise on the PS3. I enjoyed playing Lego Jurassic World and Force Awakens too. Also was nice to play through the Lego Harry Potter collection again. I played a lot of Lego games back on the 360 that aren't on my PSN profile but would love to go back to them if I ever get some free time again lol. The only ones that I really didn't enjoy/care for were Lego Dimensions or the DC Universe ones.

Edited by ShadowSigmaX
  • Like 1

Just now, ShadowSigmaX said:

I don't think you can go wrong with any Lego game really. I really enjoyed the Lego Movie videogame, I platted it in 10 hours game time wise on the PS3. I enjoyed playing Lego Jurassic World and Force Awakens too. Also was nice to play through the Lego Harry Potter collection again. I played a lot of Lego games back on the 360 that aren't on my PSN profile. The only ones that I really didn't enjoy/care for were Lego Dimensions or the DC Universe ones.

Lego dimensions and lego world is probably the 2 i didnt care for. But i agree the rest are all fun. Yeah i would like to evetually get the plats for all the lego games. I have a few but still have alot more to go. Hopefully someday they will be co op. That would be fun