eigen-space

PS Now Offering Game Downloads!

30 posts in this topic

Sony just announced earlier today that PS Now subscribers will be allowed to download most PS4 and PS2 Classic games to play offline!

You can read all about it here on the PlayStation Blog:

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/09/20/playstation-now-adds-downloading-of-ps4-ps2-games/

As someone who has a terrible internet connection, this might actually get me to sign up for the service! I'm excited to look through their list of offered games.

Edited by eigen-space

This will pretty much make PS+ obsolete?  The two apps will seem to overlap a bit.  Good news I think, overall.

5 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

This will pretty much make PS+ obsolete?  The two apps will seem to overlap a bit.  Good news I think, overall.

You'll still need PS+ to play non-PS Now games online or upload saves for those non-PS Now games. The article also mentions that you will need PS+ to transfer PS Now saves from the PS Now cloud to your local system if you choose to switch between playing locally vs streaming.

Edited by eigen-space

That's pretty cool, but I thought the vast majority of the games were PS3 games.

Streaming was the reason why I did not consider using this service, so now that I don't need to, I think I might get a subscription.

Edited by Lostknight179

15 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

That's pretty cool, but I thought the vast majority of the games were PS3 games.

Yeah of the almost 700 games about 100-150 are PS4 games with about 5-10 PS4 games added each month on average.

Great news! Is this in the US only? Or is this also for EU/other regions. I can’t find any info on this.

Been thinking about subscribing for a while, might just do it now. Hopefully they'll add more PS2 classics in general, since they haven't in quite a while.

I've been a ps Now subscriber for a year now, and even though i have great internet, i do still see hiccups and poly tears every second so this is welcome news.

Wow, seems pretty worthwhile. My ISP is hot garbage, so streaming is out of the question. Too bad they can't do it with the PS3 titles as well, or I'd jump on board.

Couldn't have they announced it a few days earlier? :(

There was a promotion where you were able to get 1 month of PS Now for 1€. Sadly I didn't use it as the only games that interested me rely on a rather low latency (most of them if not all were PS4-games). But it's still nice to hear nonetheless. 

11 hours ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

Great news! Is this in the US only? Or is this also for EU/other regions. I can’t find any info on this.

So, I asked my Question again: Can I now play games from another country with my PS Now subscription :hmm:

Nice, I might actually use this service for once. This was the one thing that I felt the Xbox Game Pass had over PS Now.

I've always wondered about this PS Now thing but could never bring myself to do it, mostly because I already have way to much crap backlogged. Do the games come with trophies and all that? Like the PS2 games? Or even the games that did have trophies, like Fallout New Vegas, would it come with a new trophy list or would it be the same as the PS3 version?

41 minutes ago, dermarx said:

So, I asked my Question again: Can I now play games from another country with my PS Now subscription :hmm:

I have downloaded game offline.  

I'm not from US , I have friend From us because he buy from in US and I have account already have Ps now 

great. but it's so overpriced.

Has anyone from South America with an NA account already tried this? since everything is only for US nowadays

5 minutes ago, tlal_q8_22 said:

I have downloaded game offline.  

I'm not from US , I have friend From us because he buy from in US and I have account already have Ps now 

So, you can play the game from US?

I hope they can introduce the service in more countries now.

Edited by Dilust

Anyone in NA actually managed to do this yet? I'm not seeing the option on anything yet here in Canada.