PS Now Offering Game Downloads!

eigen-space

Sony just announced earlier today that PS Now subscribers will be allowed to download most PS4 and PS2 Classic games to play offline!

You can read all about it here on the PlayStation Blog:

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/09/20/playstation-now-adds-downloading-of-ps4-ps2-games/

As someone who has a terrible internet connection, this might actually get me to sign up for the service! I'm excited to look through their list of offered games.

Edited by eigen-space
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

This will pretty much make PS+ obsolete?  The two apps will seem to overlap a bit.  Good news I think, overall.

You'll still need PS+ to play non-PS Now games online or upload saves for those non-PS Now games. The article also mentions that you will need PS+ to transfer PS Now saves from the PS Now cloud to your local system if you choose to switch between playing locally vs streaming.

Edited by eigen-space

I've always wondered about this PS Now thing but could never bring myself to do it, mostly because I already have way to much crap backlogged. Do the games come with trophies and all that? Like the PS2 games? Or even the games that did have trophies, like Fallout New Vegas, would it come with a new trophy list or would it be the same as the PS3 version?

• Like 1