Spectral_Shadow

Spectral_Shadow's Dispute

71 posts in this topic

Spectral_Shadow

Batman: Arkham Origins
When I got the last collectible needed to unlock Enigma's hideout, the game saved but my PS3 froze before Enigma Unravelled popped. After rebooting my PS3, my save file had Enigma hideout unlocked but the trophy didn't pop. I grabbed the last colletible for First Riddler Trophy and then loaded my backup save from the cloud. I remember having to grab a couple of Enigma's collectibles again and then I got Enigma Unravelled afterwards. Anyone who's played this game has to know it's a glitchfest. I still have my 100% saved game if further evidence is needed.

Last person who disputed this said he was able to get them in that order. :D 

About 20 minutes in between both trophies would support what OP said about redoing some collectibles, but why do the dark knight track trophy when you're trying to fix a glitched trophy?

Anyway, this seems pretty minor.  Flag should probably be lifted unless some deeper digging reveals something else.

1 hour ago, AJ_-_808 said:

About 20 minutes in between both trophies would support what OP said about redoing some collectibles, but why do the dark knight track trophy when you're trying to fix a glitched trophy?

Anyway, this seems pretty minor.  Flag should probably be lifted unless some deeper digging reveals something else.

Nah, it's how the trophies pop when you use a downloaded save.

Nope. Among other things, this is a huge sign of foul play.

There is no way I would use a downloaded save. That's ridiculous. I have been trophy hunting for 8+ years. What are the chances on using a "download save" or whatever you are implying vs a glitched trophy? I even said I still have my 100% save with my name on it and I can make a video showing it. My trophy collection speaks for itself. I 100%ed all Arkham Games. It would be beyond logic for me to get out of my way and cheat for a single collectible trophy and doing it wrong to get exposed.

Dark Vigilante popped in the middle because I was one challenge away from getting it, and I've done it by fighting a random group of enemies required to get the last collectibles remaining in the map.

9 hours ago, MMDE said:

Nah, it's how the trophies pop when you use a downloaded save.

Wouldnt other trophies appear out of order as well instead of just 1?  As far as being minor, I meant it doesnt give him any type of speed advantage on the leaderboards. I dont feel a single trophy out of place that doesnt really give him much of, if any, advantage should warrant a flag. Unless im missing something?

3 hours ago, Spectral_Shadow said:

Dark Vigilante popped in the middle because I was one challenge away from getting it, and I've done it by fighting a random group of enemies required to get the last collectibles remaining in the map.

The last step for that is a 50x combo with 15 variations.  Not saying it's impossible on a random group as you say, but seems a little unlikely in my opinion.

21 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Wouldnt other trophies appear out of order as well instead of just 1?  As far as being minor, I meant it doesnt give him any type of speed advantage on the leaderboards. I dont feel a single trophy out of place that doesnt really give him much of, if any, advantage should warrant a flag. Unless im missing something?

The last step for that is a 50x combo with 15 variations.  Not saying it's impossible on a random group as you say, but seems a little unlikely in my opinion.

It's not about giving him a speed advantage on the leaderboard, it's more about if he actually did it legitimately or not. Not if he can do it, but if he did.

First Riddler Trophy, it says "collect every collectible", so wouldn't that mean he'd have to have already collected all "Enigma items"? Well, IIRC, the trophy description is misleading. The trophy is not for all collectibles, but rather it's for finding an item in the game called "First Riddler Trophy", hence the name of the trophy.

2018_09_21_18h20_19.png

So this is a trophy you can only access after getting all the enigma items, so how did he get it before? Well, I don't think loading up a save with all Enigma items pops the trophy. How can we be sure? Well, this is from a web site that offers save files for this game so you can earn all the trophies easily:

2018_09_21_18h22_43.png

Here they require you to collect one more enigma item (Extortion file) for the trophy to pop. If it was enough to just load a save with all collected for the trophy to pop, then they wouldn't require you to collect one more enigma item. ;)

Are we clear now?

Edited by MMDE

29 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Unless im missing something?

It's also known that this particular trophy (and some others) have a high probability to autopop when cheating in various ways.  For all the people claiming "common glitches" since there's another thread for this reason too, only about 10 people out of the ~170,000 had this occur, so its not exactly like its a glitch that happens to everybody like they claim.

Edited by B1rvine

Well... that sucks.  I have this on my ps3 account, wasnt that hard.  Seems silly to use a save file for it (yes, I know the aab's animals counter point already)

24 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Well... that sucks.  I have this on my ps3 account, wasnt that hard.  Seems silly to use a save file for it (yes, I know the aab's animals counter point already)

Its not that they’re using a save file for this trophy, but rather for to save time on others, and this one pops as a side effect.

Edit: Or maybe some are... just to save time. Those collectibles do take a bit of time, and some were annoying to reach. 

Edited by B1rvine

Well, it's what they messed up, not necessarily all they cheated.

3 hours ago, B1rvine said:

It's also known that this particular trophy (and some others) have a high probability to autopop when cheating in various ways.  For all the people claiming "common glitches" since there's another thread for this reason too, only about 10 people out of the ~170,000 had this occur, so its not exactly like its a glitch that happens to everybody like they claim.

Ok, so I looked here only because its similar case to jabber's one but here's my opinion.

As for the quote, I'd say its inconsequential a bit. If this is known to have high probability of popping when cheating wouldn't it be more common?

And you just said only 0.005 percent had this issue.

Id rather say those numbers supports the players here.

The game was well known for data packs glitching/freezing so this might be truly a side effect as they claim.

Shadow provided valid argument about freezing, his profile is good and clean aside of this trophy and everyone still acts as he is guilty as charged. Lets not do a witch hunt without a strong evidence.

EDIT:

If there are any doubts you should probably do a bigger check on his profile I guess. If he is save abuser you would probably find some different issues easily.

Edited by Zbir_Vladimir

All my trophies are 100% legit. There is no other inconsistency in my profile aside from glitches like this one in which there's nothing I could do. In almost 7k trophies that I have there's obviously a possibility of suffering a glitch at some point and we all know that Arkham Origins was a glitchy game.

I explained what happened with details. It's unfair for me to justify a glitched trophy from 4 years ago and even worse to be flagged for it. And on top of it, being accused of using a "downloaded save".

I ask again. Why would I use an external exploit just for one lame bronze trophy on a game that took me 2 months and 1 week to plat? Wouldn't you think that kind of behaiviour would be evident across the board spanning multiple trophies or games?

I don't even care about leaderboards. I just don't want to be falsely flagged for something I did not do and I'm not responsible for.

I'll attach a screenshot of my save file for further proving my point. Why would I use a save and then 100% the game with my OWN save file? 

rgm4QEb6LJuxUHMTqSVC88OM-AOPwflfzeXUy88h

It's hard to argue against the possibility of save file usage because it clearly exists, but I feel it's still circumstantial.

For what it's worth, I still feel there should be more overwhelming evidence (even on other games on the account) aside from 'a save file exists, so he might have used it and he may have done more, but this is the 1 single mistake we caught him for'

The ONE trophy out of order is kind of overwhelming evidence.

Popular games don’t just glitch for 0.005%. 

If there is a better explanation than “uh, guess it glitched, but I swear I don’t ever cheat” then this is the place to roll that out.

As long as there are shortcuts (to a tediously grindy trophy) that will result in this unusual trophy pattern ... chances are people took it. So it’s fair & reasonable to flag and give the disputer an opportunity to explain what happened.

And a screenshot of an ultimately 100%ed game isn’t proof of anything. Thought any gamer would realize that. 

I can download a 85% cheat, do the interesting final battles & end up with a 100% on my screen.

This happened to me too.  It was like 2 years ago so I don't remember what happened because it's collectible grinding and not something I would hold in my memory.  Something I've done many times already.  I think you're going to need to collect more evidence to prove I'm some sort of cheater, unless this operates under "guilty until proven innocent."  If it does, I can't be bothered to try to change the minds of people who are determined to find witches.

5 hours ago, Spectral_Shadow said:

rgm4QEb6LJuxUHMTqSVC88OM-AOPwflfzeXUy88h

Not taking sides, but having today's date on the save isn't helping you out.

33 minutes ago, dj_helyx said:

Not taking sides, but having today's date on the save isn't helping you out.

And people are assuming the person would have used a 100% save from someone else to get the platinum already, so showing the save file progress on the console really does nothing to prove his innocence. 

11 minutes ago, Sergen said:

And people are assuming the person would have used a 100% save from someone else to get the platinum already, so showing the save file progress on the console really does nothing to prove his innocence. 

But the save file showing "Spectral_Shadow" on it *does* help him out. The username shown on a save file is the name of the person who created the save, even after resigning. If it was a downloaded save file, it would show the username of whoever created the save.

And am I missing something, or is this all over 1 trophy out of order? What does it matter if lots of people cheat that trophy? 1 trophy not popping when it should pop should *never* be enough to flag someone. Glitches happen. All it takes is a game locking up or the power going out before a trophy pop (especially on PS3) for this to happen. Other people cheating is not evidence that *this* person is cheating.

Edited by NathanielJohn

1 hour ago, NathanielJohn said:

Am I missing something, or is this all over 1 trophy out of order?

Probably.  I'll reiterate the same thing I said to @AJ_-_808 but add to it. The save files that assist with *other* trophies pretty much autopop this one. Why is it always the unintended autopopping trophies, when using saves, the ones that "glitch" on people? This exact trophy pattern has been disputed 4 - 5 times, and each person has a different reason for the "glitch." 

I won't go into detail, but the Dark Knight track trophy really doesn't make sense at all, combined with his explanation of what he states occurred, and what he did after to get the Riddler trophy.

@Spectral_Shadow do you recall what the last enigma collectible was you picked up (prior to the Riddler Trophy one that is) ?

Edited by B1rvine

6 hours ago, hBLOXs said:

The ONE trophy out of order is kind of overwhelming evidence.

Popular games don’t just glitch for 0.005%. 

If there is a better explanation than “uh, guess it glitched, but I swear I don’t ever cheat” then this is the place to roll that out.

As long as there are shortcuts (to a tediously grindy trophy) that will result in this unusual trophy pattern ... chances are people took it. So it’s fair & reasonable to flag and give the disputer an opportunity to explain what happened.

No, its cause for a flagging and investigation. Overwhelming evidence would be a large number of trophies out of order or multiple games that look questionable. 

He gave an explanation, whether or not its truthful/legitimate is a whole other question.

Edit

By the way, I completely agree with the dark knight track trophy. If it were me, I would've gone right back to my last save and redone it. Fortunately for me, I don't recall experiencing any glitches with this game.

Edited by AJ_-_808

1 hour ago, NathanielJohn said:

But the save file showing "Spectral_Shadow" on it *does* help him out. The username shown on a save file is the name of the person who created the save, even after resigning. If it was a downloaded save file, it would show the username of whoever created the save.

And am I missing something, or is this all over 1 trophy out of order? What does it matter if lots of people cheat that trophy? 1 trophy not popping when it should pop should *never* be enough to flag someone. Glitches happen. All it takes is a game locking up or the power going out before a trophy pop (especially on PS3) for this to happen. Other people cheating is not evidence that *this* person is cheating.

Really, does the save file showing that help him? I can't make it say that if I just boot up the game with that save, load the progress and then overwrite it?

Anyway, I downloaded some saves, tried to see if I could find anything close to what he has. I found no name on the save files, so this might just be using your PSN account name when viewing it, so his name on it means nothing as far as I could see from a quick glance.

Did you read my post? I explained why these two trophies would easily pop out of order when using a downloaded save.

Anyway, I'm not entirely convinced either way, but I gotta sleep.

Edited by MMDE

@MMDE, is the following scenario possible:

Player acquired final collectable 

Game auto saves progress

Ps3 crashes before trophy pops (some ps3 trophies have a bit of a delay)

Player reboots and reloads autosave

Auto save shows all collectables and enigma HQ open

Player acquires first enigma trophy from hq and reloads manual save from several collectables ago

Player reacquires last few collectables to repop trophy

This is what OP claimed happened. The question now is, is this possibility enough to cause reasonable doubt that the flag is correct, and are there any other questionable trophies on the account that would support the argument?

Yes, it could be a 1 time save file usage, or this could be the 1 time out of many where he slipped up. Or, it could be very bad luck/timing with a ps3 crash and a poor decision to not reload a manual save immediately.

I think it depends on the site's guidelines for reasonable doubt?

6 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

@MMDE, is the following scenario possible:

Player acquired final collectable 

Game auto saves progress

Ps3 crashes before trophy pops (some ps3 trophies have a bit of a delay)

Player reboots and reloads autosave

Auto save shows all collectables and enigma HQ open

Player acquires first enigma trophy from hq and reloads manual save from several collectables ago

Player reacquires last few collectables to repop trophy

This is what OP claimed happened. The question now is, is this possibility enough to cause reasonable doubt that the flag is correct, and are there any other questionable trophies on the account that would support the argument?

Yes, it could be a 1 time save file usage, or this could be the 1 time out of many where he slipped up. Or, it could be very bad luck/timing with a ps3 crash and a poor decision to not reload a manual save immediately.

I think it depends on the site's guidelines for reasonable doubt?

Extremely unlikely.