Most Toxic Community?

I got a message after only one game and that was because I forgot to turn off background downloads and everything got pretty laggy.

I apologized for my mistake and we laughed it off. Still, I hate teabagging survivor, especially those who wait by the gates in a 3-man-down game.

45 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Sorry to hear that, do you think it's a challenger to take League of Legends place as the most toxic player community?

LoL players hate on teammates and opponents alike...It's kinda difficult to find something worst xD

9 hours ago, jackmadrox said:

So I found out pretty quickly that if you're the killer, you have a great chance of recieving hate mail from salty survivors. But now I realize, even if you're playing survivor, YOU STILL get hate mail from other survivors! God forbid you don't play the "right" way, THEIR way. I mean the community for this game is really something special in terms of toxicity. I vote this game for one of, if not THE most toxic community in all of gaming. It's such a shame too, it really is a fun game. 

This community is pretty positive compared to ft13th.

• Like 1

Call of duty is insanely toxic

in wwII im just a casual player, my overall kdr is only a 1.10, but i did come back from a 0.89 so there is that! (For a while i was playing around with melee only and i went negative but thats besides the point right now, lol)

Im prestige master level 90

and i was being harassed by a party of level 760 and level 1000 spawn trapping try hards

because i stopped them from dropping a v2

they were just relentless with their negativity it was pretty pathetic i almost felt bad for them and in the 2 games i played against them, i lost the match but i still went positive in kills ????

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Sorry to hear that, do you think it's a challenger to take League of Legends place as the most toxic player community?

I have never played League of Legends, but I have heard it's toxicity levels are pretty much legendary, second maybe to Call of Duty, another game series I refuse to play and have never played.

3 hours ago, Nimera said:

This community is pretty positive compared to ft13th.

I agree F13's community is pretty bad, but I spent a year with that game, believe me, DBD's community is much more toxic.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jackmadrox said:

I agree F13's community is pretty bad, but I spent a year with that game, believe me, DBD's community is much more toxic.

I don't say the opposite but ft13th community still maintains that throne! although the game has dropped substantially after the controversy of not receiving more contents. in DBD PC version  is much worse than in consoles because there are many hackers. like people using speed hack to avoid the killers.. even though there are still players who can get around to the situation and get them xD you can always change the privacy of your messages to "just friends" avoid having to read unnecessary comments

4 hours ago, Nimera said:

xD you can always change the privacy of your messages to "just friends" avoid having to read unnecessary comments

Oh I know. I intentionally leave my mailbox open to all who wish to send me salty hate mail. Ever hear the expression, "If life throws lemons at you, make lemonade"? Well, when these salty bastards send me hate mail, I screenshot it, and use it as a comedy act in my videos lol.

Edited by jackmadrox

5 hours ago, jackmadrox said:

Oh I know. I intentionally leave my mailbox open to all who wish to send me salty hate mail. Ever hear the expression, "If life throws lemons at you, make lemonade"? Well, when these salty bastards send me hate mail, I screenshot it, and use it as a comedy act in my videos lol.

It reminds me of the good old days in which i played dark souls on the pc, from time to time a hacker appeared, then they had the bad luck to fall off the cliff and they died ?, they forgot about the falls are the best counterattack but believe they dont do it for being toxic, but because they suck at playing DBD and most of games in general even then they die when they catch someone skilled with myers, nurse or hag. those people doesn't even play for the objective, just try to play with your mind while doing tbag + tunnel. Dont let these people ruin your game, you have to show youre better.

• Like 1

All communities are toxic, but in PS4 Dead by Daylight is the worst. In the last two months I have played around 150 hours, and in the best ranges you will find the most toxic players.

If you play as a survivor you can wait for the killer to write you if you have blinded him with the  flashlight. Even if you do bodyblock and get to help your partner, he will bother to send you a message insulting you.

And if you play killer the situation is not better. Survivors who blame you for killing them because their partner has unhooked them two steps away from you. Survivors who insult you because you caught them right when they were going to escape through the hatch ...

I have played Overwatch, FIFA and COD, games with very toxic communities, but I have never met players who take the trouble to insult you constantly.

• Like 2

On 9/21/2018 at 3:51 PM, jackmadrox said:

I have never played League of Legends, but I have heard it's toxicity levels are pretty much legendary, second maybe to Call of Duty, another game series I refuse to play and have never played.

That's sad, you missed out on some fun zombies. 

After my first ever match I got mail calling me a c*nt lol I haven't really played many console games with an online 'community', but even from my 12 years of MMOs and 6 of those were playing WoW, DBD has the most toxic community I've ever been a part of.

Edited by Asvinia

I find it’s far worse as killer. I typically play as survivor and quite well as one but have only touched the killer a bit going for adept trophies. Players unnecessarily loop around objects and pallets and don’t run away trying to get their teammates to finish gennys I’m assuming. It takes most of the fun as a killer out of it if you ask me. That is NOT how I play as a survivor. I try to lose the killer not try and trap him in some infinite loop while teabagging ?

• Like 2

Finally encountered my first bunghole in this game. Only me and him left and the exit gates were open. Playing against a spirit with No One Escapes Death and he got hooked in the basement and killer camped him. So ofc i escaped. For that i get called a fucking noob => Lol some people takes games extremely serious. I answer Thank you very much and report him =)

Edited by Quink666

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I get hate and death mail after almost every match. 

As a killer, the survivors expect you to leave hooked survivors for them to retrieve. They get incredibly hostile if you "camp" the hook. Do they really think you're just going to step back and let them win the game? What is the killer supposed to do? Hook and then leave knowing the survivors are waiting nearby to get them? No way. 

As a survivor, if you don't play the way they want you to, you're trash. If you drop a pallet when they wanted to use that pallet, you're trash.

It's gotten to the point that it's hilarious to receive messages playing as the killer. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, i-Panik said:

I get hate and death mail after almost every match. 

What i noticed is that at higher ranks it happens less frequently but it still happens way to often. People that play poorly will always look for something to blame and in DBD that is usually the killer.

You have a few options to counter this.

The first option is the funny one. Play Leatherface, use Iron Grasp and Agitation to get survivors to basement. Then use Insidious and basement camp them but don't stay in the basement, walk up the stairs and find a good spot so you can get them with the chainsaw when they all run up the stairs. 4th perk can be Bloodwarden just so you can get some extra kills if they aren't playing altruistic, or you can always just go NOED. This works at all ranks even the red ones. Smart survivors will gen rush but most often someone will always try and go for a save and if 2 people are hooked the usually end up trying to save them. This way you will get a ton of hate and you can have some fun laughing at all the rage.

Second option is to change privacy settings so that only friends can message you. Just remember to turn it off after the game. Also disable friend requests since people that can't message you try to rage at you through friend requests instead. You can also always report the most toxic messages. Mark the message and press options then report. You get a notification right after and another when the report has been processed with the result of the report.

Third options is to either ignore them or troll them back just don't stoop to their level.

Edited by Quink666
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, i-Panik said:

As a killer, the survivors expect you to leave hooked survivors for them to retrieve. They get incredibly hostile if you "camp" the hook. Do they really think you're just going to step back and let them win the game? What is the killer supposed to do? Hook and then leave knowing the survivors are waiting nearby to get them? No way.

Well, for the best chance of winning as a killer, it's probably better to leave the hook and hunt down other survivors. Otherwise, they'll be done with generators while you're camping nearby the second survivor on a hook as it takes a very long time until they're sacrificed. At least for me, this also makes the game more fun for both the survivors and the killer.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, gameoncomrade said:

Well, for the best chance of winning as a killer, it's probably better to leave the hook and hunt down other survivors. Otherwise, they'll be done with generators while you're camping nearby the second survivor on a hook as it takes a very long time until they're sacrificed. At least for me, this also makes the game more fun for both the survivors and the killer.

This! What’s the point of even camping if you just have less bloodpoints? And even, you don’t rank up from doing so.