Most Toxic Community?

9 hours ago, Max654 said:

This! What’s the point of even camping if you just have less bloodpoints? And even, you don’t rank up from doing so.

Well there is face camping and proximity camping. But with the new changes to chaser emblem its really bad to face camp. But proximity camping almost always works since survivors want to rank up and get the save. Thats when BBQ & Chili is really good. If you don't see anyone you just stay around the hooked survivor looking for the 3 other survivors.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2018 at 0:41 PM, Quink666 said:

What i noticed is that at higher ranks it happens less frequently but it still happens way to often. People that play poorly will always look for something to blame and in DBD that is usually the killer.

You have a few options to counter this.

The first option is the funny one. Play Leatherface, use Iron Grasp and Agitation to get survivors to basement. Then use Insidious and basement camp them but don't stay in the basement, walk up the stairs and find a good spot so you can get them with the chainsaw when they all run up the stairs. 4th perk can be Bloodwarden just so you can get some extra kills if they aren't playing altruistic, or you can always just go NOED. This works at all ranks even the red ones. Smart survivors will gen rush but most often someone will always try and go for a save and if 2 people are hooked the usually end up trying to save them. This way you will get a ton of hate and you can have some fun laughing at all the rage.

Second option is to change privacy settings so that only friends can message you. Just remember to turn it off after the game. Also disable friend requests since people that can't message you try to rage at you through friend requests instead. You can also always report the most toxic messages. Mark the message and press options then report. You get a notification right after and another when the report has been processed with the result of the report.

Third options is to either ignore them or troll them back just don't stoop to their level.

These are brilliant ideas and I'll definitely be trying option one! I never messed with the basement much but that sounds like a good time to me! I enjoy the messages now so I can't see myself disabling them! 

To the users saying why camp? I've lost too many games when I've left the survivor to pursue other survivors. If a player makes me mad, I will face camp until the next century. If they're just a normal player, I hook them and just stay around the general area checking to see if more survivors come to help them. Which still gets me the hatemail. If you play the killer enough, you'll see why 'camping' to some degree is necessary if you want a decent amount of points. I could care less about rank so I don't mind if I don't rank up. I still stay in the 10 range.

38 minutes ago, jackmadrox said:

Tonight, survivors have been UNBELIEVABLY TOXIC. Almost every game I'm in, I'm getting gen rushed, teabagged, and decisive striked. So much toxicity. I'm think I'm gonna take a long hiatus from this game. It just puts me in a bad mood.

How is beeing gen rushed or ds'd toxic? I mean survivors are supposed to do gens, doing them fast is just good teamwork. Use Ruin or try Dying Light, Thanatophobia or Overcharge. DS is just a perk which can be countered somewhat with enduring or you can get the satisfaction of killing the obsession using rancor when all gens are done.

Edited by Quink666

On 12/21/2018 at 11:44 PM, Quink666 said:

How is beeing gen rushed or ds'd toxic? I mean survivors are supposed to do gens, doing them fast is just good teamwork. Use Ruin or try Dying Light, Thanatophobia or Overcharge. DS is just a perk which can be countered somewhat with enduring or you can get the satisfaction of killing the obsession using rancor when all gens are done.

Okay. Let me explain this in detail:

It's the End of the game, this survivor has been dropping pallets and teabagging afterwards, and suddenly, they just stop in front of the opened gate. I didn't think much of it, figured it's just the survivor, being stupid. I knock them down, pick them up and Boom. Decisive Strike. Only then did the survivor run out the gate, teabagging some more as he did. That happened twice that night in two different games. Only the other game was the survivor teabagging AND repeatedly clicking his flashlight at me.

Hex Ruin is absolutely worthless when it gets wiped away in the first 10 seconds of every match. 

I also use Overcharge. It's only somewhat effective at higher ranks, seeing how the higher you go, the better chance you have of running into survivors who know how to hit those great skillchecks. It does help, but not much. 

And you say gen rushing isn't toxic, it's just survivors doing their objective? Well, killers who camp are just doing their objective, but that's frowned upon isn't it?

5 hours ago, jackmadrox said:

Okay. Let me explain this in detail:

It's the End of the game, this survivor has been dropping pallets and teabagging afterwards, and suddenly, they just stop in front of the opened gate. I didn't think much of it, figured it's just the survivor, being stupid. I knock them down, pick them up and Boom. Decisive Strike. Only then did the survivor run out the gate, teabagging some more as he did. That happened twice that night in two different games. Only the other game was the survivor teabagging AND repeatedly clicking his flashlight at me.

Hex Ruin is absolutely worthless when it gets wiped away in the first 10 seconds of every match. 

I also use Overcharge. It's only somewhat effective at higher ranks, seeing how the higher you go, the better chance you have of running into survivors who know how to hit those great skillchecks. It does help, but not much. 

And you say gen rushing isn't toxic, it's just survivors doing their objective? Well, killers who camp are just doing their objective, but that's frowned upon isn't it?

Killers camping isn't toxic, its just a disliked strategy but a strategy nonetheless.  Use bloodwarden if survivor troll you at the gates everytime. Flashlights and DS is not toxic no matter how they are used. Its part of the game. By your logic as soon as someone uses a perk you don't like it toxic?

Teabagging is toxic though. But what most people consider toxic is the messages sore losers send you after a trial.

3 hours ago, Quink666 said:

Use bloodwarden if survivor troll you at the gates everytime.

Blood Warden is about as useless as Monstrous Shrine. Do I really need to explain why?

Flashlights and DS is not toxic no matter how they are used.

Were you able to keep a straight face while you typed that out? I don't think you believe that anymore than I do.

But what most people consider toxic is the messages sore losers send you after a trial.

Which happens after almost every match as a killer. Hell, even as a survivor I get hatemail.

That sucks. I wonder what it is about this game that makes players act like that. I haven't really come across many toxic communities before, only thing I can think of is Rainbow Six Siege when you get team killed for no reason or if you pick the newest character before anyone else. That being said I have had a couple of messages congratulating me when I did well. But yeah I'd just turn of messages when playing if i were you.

17 hours ago, jackmadrox said:

Were you able to keep a straight face while you typed that out? I don't think you believe that anymore than I do.

He's right. Using flashlights and/or decisive Strike is not toxic at all. It's part of the game. There has to be something the survivors can use to defend themselves. And besides the flashlight is easy to counter most of the time. Not toxic at all, just an innovative way to make the trials more interesting and fresh.

2 hours ago, GeneSaw said:

He's right. Using flashlights and/or decisive Strike is not toxic at all. It's part of the game. There has to be something the survivors can use to defend themselves. And besides the flashlight is easy to counter most of the time. Not toxic at all, just an innovative way to make the trials more interesting and fresh.

Yeah flash lights are real easy to counter. Don't pick up a survivor without chasing away the flash light guy and face wall or tree when picking up a survivor. When carrying a survivor always look up and you can't be stunned. When breaking pallets you kinda gotta deal with the stun but survivors usually try to crouch past you so if you just insta press R2 you might get them, DS is best countered with Enduring since you only get a 1 seconds stun instead of 4 and can basicly turn around and smack the person again or you can dribble if close enough to the hook.

Edited by Quink666

10 hours ago, GeneSaw said:

Clicking your flashlight at me after dropping a pallet is not defending yourself, it's trolling. 

17 minutes ago, jackmadrox said:

Clicking your flashlight at me after dropping a pallet is not defending yourself, it's trolling. 

Yeah just clicking it at you without stunning might be considered trolling but not toxic, just as dribbling survivors with DS i somewhat annoying/trolly since they never get to use their DS. As killer the places you get flashlighted is always pallets, vault or pick ups. Since flashlighting a moving target is really hard. 

But if flashlights and DS are toxic then that must mean that Moris and NOED is toxic aswell. But they aren't.

Getting trolled is not even remotely the same as getting toxic msgs telling you to die from cancer or have relations with your mother. In any online game you get trolled to some degree.

33 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Yeah just clicking it at you without stunning might be considered trolling but not toxic, just as dribbling survivors with DS i somewhat annoying/trolly since they never get to use their DS. As killer the places you get flashlighted is always pallets, vault or pick ups. Since flashlighting a moving target is really hard. 

But if flashlights and DS are toxic then that must mean that Moris and NOED is toxic aswell. But they aren't.

Getting trolled is not even remotely the same as getting toxic msgs telling you to die from cancer or have relations with your mother. In any online game you get trolled to some degree.

Play killer for a week. Come back and tell us your experiences.

5 hours ago, jackmadrox said:

Play killer for a week. Come back and tell us your experiences.

I mostly play as the killer when not playing with my friends. I have no problem with flashlights or decisive strike. Like we've said many times, they're part of the game.

As for the toxic players I encounter, I always enjoy the hate messages I get when playing as the killer :D Just makes you know you're good at the game when people feel the need to comment on your performance.

On 9/20/2018 at 11:28 PM, jackmadrox said:

So I found out pretty quickly that if you're the killer, you have a great chance of recieving hate mail from salty survivors. But now I realize, even if you're playing survivor, YOU STILL get hate mail from other survivors! God forbid you don't play the "right" way, THEIR way. I mean the community for this game is really something special in terms of toxicity. I vote this game for one of, if not THE most toxic community in all of gaming. It's such a shame too, it really is a fun game. 

Those people are losers that have nothing else going for them in their life. This game exists as a means to kill time in an entertaining way. It isn't a religion, but a lot of people treat it like it is life or death. Just play your way and know that when you don't act like the people that send hate, your life has more meaning than theirs, and just hope that they find some way to fill the void in their heart.

So I've been playing a while...

Yes, the community can be toxic - but I feel you get out of it what you put into it. Treat it as a game and others will follow suit for the most part.

I literally just ran into the best group of 4 players I've ever met... there are wonderful people in this community, but you gotta get past the trash/toxic to see the good.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. :)

I keep hearing here about toxic messages? Maybe it is you, who is the problem. I almost never have gotten any toxic messages (not when I was rank 20 and not now when I am rank 1 survivor). If you don't proxy camp or face camp as a killer (because A. it doesn't get you more points and B. the game plays way more fun without camping as a killer) you will definitely won't get as much hate. As a survivor, save when you can save, otherwise keep working on generators and don't fuck up to much. 

Those are the main problems why you will get toxic messages. If you get toxic messages and you don't want to get them, you can do anything of the above to help yourself (the don't fucking up part takes a little practice). 

4 hours ago, Sir360QS said:

I keep hearing here about toxic messages? Maybe it is you, who is the problem. I almost never have gotten any toxic messages (not when I was rank 20 and not now when I am rank 1 survivor). If you don't proxy camp or face camp as a killer (because A. it doesn't get you more points and B. the game plays way more fun without camping as a killer) you will definitely won't get as much hate. As a survivor, save when you can save, otherwise keep working on generators and don't fuck up to much. 

Those are the main problems why you will get toxic messages. If you get toxic messages and you don't want to get them, you can do anything of the above to help yourself (the don't fucking up part takes a little practice). 

You get them alot more as killer. It can be sore loser or people accusing you of tunneling or for using certain perks. NOED is the one i get the most hate from =>.

But yeah not only campers get hate.

Not terribly toxic, but the Hitman 2 Ghost mode is really bringing out the worst in its players.

Theres no penalty for quitting mid-match, and almost everyone seems to quit as soon as they are about to lose.

In order to get the ‘win 5 duels’ challenge, I ended up having to deliberately let the other player get 3-0 or even 4-0 up before I started beating them (it’s first to 5) so they thought they had a chance, and even then, a lot of them quit once it gets even.

The worst part is, the players you play with don’t appear on your ‘players met’ section of the PS4 interface, so you have to search for them by name just to send them a message telling them what an unsportsmanlike anal fissure they are.

I don't really play that many online only games but I've personally only ever received 1 hate message from this game since I started playing last April.

I hooked someone saw another behind a tree & went to chase them they unhooked as as I fired up the chainsaw & I got both of them.

Both instantly quit.

& I was told I'm a fucking camping noob who shold go back to fortnite while fucking my mummy like a good 12 year old.

It amused me a lot considering I'm almost 40 & I had 67 trophies on dead by daylight at the time (they had 2)

The only real issues I have with the game are the number of players who quit (annoying if I'm killer or survivor) 

& start as far away from the killer offering then getting hit in under 5 seconds (happens a lot, also the all start together too count to 10 killer almost always there)

Players who play in groups that are clearly talking to each other can be an annoyance especially when at least 3 (sometimes even all 4) just try and run around you constantly tea bagging ect.

When I see 4 people join the lobby at the same time I always switch to leather face because it's easier to wipe out the group if they are indeed working as one.

Of course they almost always all quit too.

I'm happy to say at least i've never quit a single game (got disconnected once on my way out the gate most infuriating) & I always gives thumbs up to players that played really well regardless of if I'm on the winning side or not.

• Like 1