Discontinued after Episode 2?

I just read this article (https://www.usgamer.net/articles/report-telltale-games-shutting-down-the-wolf-among-us-2-and-stranger-things-canceled). 

What do you guys think and/or know about this? Will they not finish the final season?

This is very sad news for the gaming industry. I have played and loved a lot of their games, and I know I’m not the only one. 

Also, how do you think the trophies for this game will be handled if we can’t complete the game?

• Like 3

If they never release the full thing, the platinum is never going to be obtainable, no developers have trophies in mind and think to help out trophy hunters in times of crisis. Only Gazillion from what I've seen has made one of their games easier before it shut, when Marvel Heroes Omega was closing and everything ended up costing 1 Eternity Splinter, but they said it was so people could experience the whole game for free at the end. I don't see them all staying for 4 months and working on the final season, so if they get it out in any way I'm gonna assume it'll be through uploading all remaining episodes in one go, surely they're ready to go but they were waiting monthly to give people something to look forward to with their games. Ever since they started doing the monthly episodes, my thoughts were "I'll always wait until the season is finished before playing" and I'm glad I've always had that mindset, I'd be annoyed by being a victim of an unobtainable platinum through no fault of my own. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 4

"We previously reported that a skeleton crew will remain behind to complete work on The Walking Dead Final Season. That information was inaccurate. Sources who wish to remain anonymous explained that there is a skeleton crew at Telltale, but they will be working on the Minecraft Story Mode project for Netflix. In fact, The Walking Dead team was also laid off today and The Walking Dead Final Season will not be completed."

... Wait, what?... Dang. Well I think Episode 2 is still coming out Tuesday, hope I can at least get the game to 50%

Sad to hear this about Telltale, but unfortunately I saw this coming a mile away when they started making so many games at the same time. They kept saying they would be able to handle doing that but the overall focus of each individual game suffered because of it. I'm guessing maybe they were banking on the final season of TWD selling more than it did :( 

Edit: In other threads like this one there's a source saying Minecraft didn't fall through and the skeleton team is actually for TWD, so we shall see. I mean judging by the trophy list and release date structure all four episodes seem mostly done but just need final polish before publishing.

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Seriously y'all don't read articles fully do you? They are going to finish this season then that's it. There would be too many legal issues if they didn't. So stop freaking out over not being able to play the rest of this game and start actually reading the info out there rather than draw your own conclusions...

They updated the article and explained that a source said the contrary, but it seems like nobody really knows for certain to be honest until Telltale officially says what the last 25 people will be working on.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Seriously y'all don't read articles fully do you? They are going to finish this season then that's it. There would be too many legal issues if they didn't. So stop freaking out over not being able to play the rest of this game and start actually reading the info out there rather than draw your own conclusions...

At work I have 90% customers who cant even a read a simple sentence and understand how a promotion works. Reading and understanding a whole article, lol. God bless america.

And these articles throw out info way too fast to get hits, you have to keep watching it for updates sadly to know the truth and thats if they update. But I feel yah. People jump to conclusions wayy to fast without understanding everything. Hopefully we get the full game out. Problem is...dont expect a patch if the last 2 ep or 3 is buggy as fk. that may make the plat unobtainable anyways. So I wouldnt start it if I was a 100% person.

• Like 2

This is response i got from them

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Hi angelic9978,

Thank you for contacting Telltale Games Support. Unfortunately as of September 21st 2018, we can no longer offer support for our games. We apologize for the difficulty this causes you.

We have greatly enjoyed our time together. Thank you for playing our games.

Best Regards,
Telltale Support

This email is a service from Telltale Games Player Support.

[KZ3M6R-M8P7]

Good fucking God, and I thought I was worried about Clementine when they announced this one would be called "The Final Season"

I didn't know how good I had it.

Clem's gonna pull through though, she always fucking does. *wipes tear* she always does.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Sergen said:

Only Gazillion from what I've seen has made one of their games easier before it shut, when Marvel Heroes Omega was closing and everything ended up costing 1 Eternity Splinter, but they said it was so people could experience the whole game for free at the end.

Well yea, probably without trophy hunters in mind.. They have shutdown 1 month earlier then the deadline, so definently having trophy hunters in mind.

Now I do know that it was probably forced upon. But I still wont recall them giving a shit...

Doubt too many will care, but to see this left unfinished will piss off some completionists, if only because TellTale may not finish this before they completely go under.

Glad I didn't pay money for this. But I've read somewhere that the people at TellTale weren't treated very well, which explains the drop in quality in their later titles.

All those people have to find a new job. It sucks, but these days you can't expect to last long in the video game industry if you're not making a good profit. And unfortunately for TellTale, those later games didn't do all too well in sales.

Pretty sad to see them go from the first Walking Dead which gained a lot of recognition and awards to the washed up company they are now.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Max_Playne said:

I don't think you read the whole article:

"The Verge is reporting that 25 employees will stay on board, presumably as part of the skeleton crew". In other words they're finishing up the final season and then totaly close

I did, and they also state that the skeleton team will stay onboard for a Minecraft game. But I guess all we can do is wait and see, it’s so sad. 

7 hours ago, Fing3rButt3r3 said:

And these articles throw out info way too fast to get hits, you have to keep watching it for updates sadly to know the truth and thats if they update. But I feel yah. People jump to conclusions wayy to fast without understanding everything. Hopefully we get the full game out.

You’re absolutely right! In this case I really hope the conclusions are jumped, though. Time will tell. 

I played the first three WD's last year, as well as the freebies Tales from the Borderlands, Game of Thrones, and Batman. Nice games all. Especially WD season 1 and 2 + Tales. 

Maybe the amount of freebies (PS plus etc) was a sign things weren't great?

I'd grown a bit bored of the format, in truth, so didn't complete the entire catalogue. I had intended to return for WD4 and Stranger Things however. Sad to see the company go.