Discontinued after Episode 2?

10 minutes ago, JPageMartin36 said:

I played the first three WD's last year, as well as the freebies Tales from the Borderlands, Game of Thrones, and Batman. Nice games all. Especially WD season 1 and 2 + Tales. 

Maybe the amount of freebies (PS plus etc) was a sign things weren't great?

I'd grown a bit bored of the format, in truth, so didn't complete the entire catalogue. I had intended to return for WD4 and Stranger Things however. Sad to see the company go.

Telltale was getting quite a nice money for letting the games be PS PLUS, the main problem was management. You can't have 400 people team in Sna Francisco and make quite cheap and similar games without inovations for very long

5 hours ago, dinstar123456789 said:

https://twitter.com/Melyhutch/status/1043622786743169024

If this isn't evidence that they won't release more episodes, I don't know what is.

She doesn't know more than us. She said her goodbye in case we have no longer TWD.

What we know is TTG don't know what to do with TWD yet. They have to decide if continue with 2 last episodes with their Skeleton Crew or just say goodbye.

9 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

It can still be subject to cancellation, even if they sent that image a week ago

I can't believe this. maybe there were hints that meant episode 3 and 4 could be canceled while episode 1 was going to be released. How did this happen all of the sudden? No hints or clues that could mean bankruptcy? It's like it came out of a cartoon.

I thought it was an halfway to April Fools headline when I read that Telltale was a goner. Like others said, there was ZERO notion this was anything even possible.

I mean... Stranger Things. Wolf Amongst Us S2. Etc. Etc. Etc.

There's really only two options here: They gave out every dime they had buying rights to IP, expecting that acquiring the rights to those AAA IPs would bring new rounds of investment to actually complete the products they'd already promised. Investors saw the halfassed financial management of the company, running on fumes and prayers, and laughed hysterically at giving them any more $$$.

Or... (and prolly, sadly, more likely) those at the very top engaged in some serious fraud/embezzlement, and prison time is probably next up for them. I really think that's the only possible explanation for the sheer absolute suddenness of it all. I mean my God, TWD had 2.5 months until it was done. If things were rough, you'd expect them to finish it, pray that sales for the final season might save things, but at least wait until after the holiday season. This sudden shutdown really screams to me someone stole a ton of $$$ that no one knew about, until they did... and this.

Props to Ubisoft for the offer, at least. A lot of people give Ubisoft a lot of $#!t, but I've always felt they put out decent enough products and seemed to be heads and shoulders above all other "major" studios when it came to fostering and creating quality atmospheres for game developers/workers with their various studios. Hell of a lot better than an EA, at the very least. Here's hoping the TTG folks land on their feet - at least the ones with vision, and not whoever was responsible for the very vanilla, unchanging, non-interactive direction of the stuff Telltale put out.

Still, what a shocker this news was.

36 minutes ago, wackt1 said:

so, like are the refunds going to be like, just for episodes 3 & 4, or for like the entire season pass? 

What refunds? I've yet to see jack about refunds - a couple dudes had success EARLY begging Steam, until they started rejecting it.

Telltale CLEARLY doesn't have any money to be giving anyone any refunds. Let alone any employees to process them (evil lol).

Sorry, but that $$$ is gone, gone, adios! No episodes 3+4, no refunds, nada. I'd say start the class action now if you want to see your $$$, but again... it no longer exists, as TTG studios no longer exists. Unless you are invested in some Minecraft Netflix deal (huh?), it's beating a dead horse.

On 9/21/2018 at 7:35 PM, Sergen said:

If they never release the full thing, the platinum is never going to be obtainable, no developers have trophies in mind and think to help out trophy hunters in times of crisis. Only Gazillion from what I've seen has made one of their games easier before it shut, when Marvel Heroes Omega was closing and everything ended up costing 1 Eternity Splinter, but they said it was so people could experience the whole game for free at the end. I don't see them all staying for 4 months and working on the final season, so if they get it out in any way I'm gonna assume it'll be through uploading all remaining episodes in one go, surely they're ready to go but they were waiting monthly to give people something to look forward to with their games. Ever since they started doing the monthly episodes, my thoughts were "I'll always wait until the season is finished before playing" and I'm glad I've always had that mindset, I'd be annoyed by being a victim of an unobtainable platinum through no fault of my own. 

250 people lost their job, and all you care about is trophies? What’s wrong with you dude? 

11 minutes ago, Sergen said:

The question on this thread is "what do you think will happen to trophies?" At the end of the day, would they give a fuck if I lost a job? Sure it's sad that they did lose a job but that has nothing to do with me leaving an opinion to an aspect of a thread on this website. I don't know those people and the gaming industry is full of people losing their job but because they got such good work experience at Telltale, they probably won't struggle to get a job in another reputable company. Sony has been offering jobs to the people who made the Telltale stories so that door will be open to plenty of people who worked for Telltale. If you care so much about their jobs, why not hire them to work for you? 

1. Because I am a student. 

2. Because I have priorities, people > trophies. 

Instead of looking back to what you said I like that you brush it off and pretend that all is well. Its not, what you said is terrible. 

• Like 1

Just now, Soufwar said:

1. Because I am a student. 

2. Because I have priorities, people > trophies. 

Instead of looking back to what you said I like that you brush it off and pretend that all is well. Its not, what you said is terrible. 

But complaining about one post that is on-topic in this thread isn't going to help the employees. Adding a passage about being sympathetic that people lost their jobs is about as effective as saying "our thoughts and prayers are with the victims at this time" when a tragedy happens, people do it because they want to feel better about themselves, but it hardly means anything when you can't do anything to help them. I've supported Telltale financially for years by buying not only one version of their games, but sometimes multiple and if they got the chance to complete the final season, I'd have bought that too. You can help them in many other ways than telling me that I'm being a bad person for not mentioning their jobs, why not blame their CEO for actually firing them? They kept 25 people on the team so far, those were likely the 25 that stood out, if someone says they got fired from McDonald's, you'd probably say "they likely deserved it", who's to say some of the people at telltale didn't deserve to lose their job due to not performing to the standard the company expected? 

9 minutes ago, Spaz said:

It’s official. This final season will never be finished. 

That sucks for everyone who was playing the episodes for this game. The voice of Clemente said it herself. 

https://twitter.com/Melyhutch/status/1043622786743169024 

People said that she also doesnt know exactly whats going to happen.

But I do agree that without her clementine had no voice (or gets a budget voice.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bullstomp said:

I fail to see what your pity will do for the people who lost their jobs. 

On the flip side, people who were sold a product and don't get what they paid for have every reason to be pissed off. I know I would be.

Funny thing about the fact that people want refunds for stuff, when Gazillion was shutting down Marvel Heroes Omega and their company was having lay-offs, former devs of the game were saying shit like "when you ask for refunds, remember that we didn't get paid after being laid off". The thing is, people pay and trust your product to fully release and people invested in a full story for The Final Season. I feel sorry for the people who did pay full price who might not get a refund if Telltale doesn't even have the money for the refunds. I just won't add to the generic shit saying "Omg I'm so sorry they lost their jobs", because at the end of the day it doesn't help. But creating an uproar on Twitter against them for not refunding fans of the game likely will get something to happen in the end. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

Seriously I could care less if they lost their jobs especially since we are apparently not getting refunds which is complete bullshit. You don't all of sudden shut down so the CEO had to know this was coming and should have never been able to have this game buyable or at least have a warning that this was possible. Something is very fishy/illegal going on here.

• Like 3