THQ Nordic’s shopping spree

Soufwar

38 minutes ago, Durandal said:

They already are a good game company, just not in the console market. They have an excellent reputation in the PC gaming community.

Funny that, Darksiders 3 doesn’t really look like it was originally intended for consoles at all, despite both the first and second games releasing on consoles + PS4 Ports > Darksiders 2 free for PS Plus members = Money from Sony, not from consumer sales. But if they did that they’d be missing out on a huge chunk of the market! Now THAT’S what I call “Hit or Miss!” Ain’t that right, NyanNyanCosplay?

*Okay, I’ll admit. That was cringe. I’m better off waiting for a Lollypop Chainsaw sequel.*

Let’s not forget there are costs involved for developing games to cater to all advertised platforms.

• On PlayStation: “Press X To Play”
  • On Xbox: “Press A To Play”
  • On PC: “Left Click Mouse To Play”
  • On Nintendo Switch: “Tap ???? To Start?”
Edited by Skeptical69

2 minutes ago, VelikyNovgorod4 said:

I didn't know about their PC reputation (Other then that Elex was very buggy and boring). But I do know that THQ isn't just about remakes but the only new game that is considered to be a "big release" so far is Darksiders 3 which got mixed reviews. Like I said in my original paragraph I am worried over how their next "big releases" will be received.  

True Elex has more then a few bugs, especially on consoles but it's far from boring. It is just a unique experience, every game Piranha Bytes ever made are. The bugs are actually something like a trademark for their games but they always make interesting and authentic worlds. Which is a small miracle because it is not a big company with a big budget and team which ambitious titles like these usually need. They still do it and they did this seven times already. But that is THQ, they aim for the more unusual or unique experience instead of making the same game over and over again. In a sense they are more a gamer company then EA will ever be.

Regarding their future and how their next big releases will be received, I guess that is always a big unknown no matter the company. I am not really concerned though because I am sure they will do their best. Even when they release a game that is not well received, they are committed to fix it, like they did when Spellforce 3 was released, or Darksiders 3.

1 hour ago, Skeptical69 said:

Funny that, Darksiders 3 doesn’t really look like it was originally intended for consoles at all, despite both the first and second games releasing on consoles + PS4 Ports > Darksiders 2 free for PS Plus members = Money from Sony, not from consumer sales. But if they did that they’d be missing out on a huge chunk of the market! Now THAT’S what I call “Hit or Miss!” Ain’t that right, NyanNyanCosplay? *Okay, I’ll admit. That was cringe. I’m better off waiting for a Lollypop Chainsaw sequel.*

Let’s not forget there are costs involved for developing games to cater to all advertised platforms. On PlayStation: “Press X To Play”. On Xbox: “Press A To Play”. On PC: “Left Click Mouse To Play”. Nintendo Switch: “Tap ???? To Start?”

Sorry what? What does Darksiders 3 intended platform have to do with a companies reputation. And making money by releasing a game for the two most popular platforms, even receiving money from Sony for making a game PS+ game is called a business decision and not a "Hit or Miss". Besides Nordic had nothing to do with releasing the game for PS3 or Xbox 360, that was THQ.

I don't really what you mean with your second paragraph. Yes making games cost a lot of money but what else is new but again it doesn't have anything to do with my comment

Edited by Durandal

6 hours ago, Skeptical69 said:

I’m not asking for a bad game, but why am I seeing no one (outside of purposely created discussion threads or other direct articles about this title) taking about this game? Is this already the “Hiddem Gem of 2019”?

Depends where you hang around and look to some degree I guess. I haven't been able to avoid people talking about/hyping it, especially in my social circles despite me having zero interest myself.

Upon announcement I believe it ranked higher on Twitter trends than a pretty large amount of other announcements at the time.

Usually when I'm not interested in a game I tend not to notice it because naturally I wouldn't be looking into those circles, but some games are big enough that I hear constantly about them regardless, and that game is one of those, I still hear of it all the time.

"THQ spent $50m making Darksiders 2, we can produce a product of the same quality but for a lower cost. $50m is ridiculous, I can't afford that. Many of our IPs will only generate $50k a year, but it's still money. Sure, it's amounts that EA and the big guys wouldn't care about, but now we have hundreds of IPs, and in a few years, we'll have a few hundred more. It will add up to something much bigger."

-Lars Wingerfors

Let's keep on hoping.

6 hours ago, VelikyNovgorod4 said:

I didn't know about their PC reputation (Other then that Elex was very buggy and boring).

Well, they teased controller support coming to Titan Quest for PC two years ago. It never materialized, but they keep insisting it'll be coming.

At least i'm glad they fixed it far beyond the old Fan Patch (they also made their own second expansion but i never played it)

Edited by Lance_87