How did you complete your Mahjong minigame completion requirement?

d1l2e3v4

I’ve gotten through (almost) the entire completion list & the final thing to do is Mahjong! ....which I understand nothing of.

Do any Kiwami 2 players want to share their way of getting the completion list requirement for Mahjong done?

Learning the entire game seems extremely daunting, but I’ve heard that people have completed the completion list for Mahjong (in Kiwami 2) with just knowing the basics of it.

I did 3 playthroughs (2nd was the Legend difficulty) for more peerless tiles since I didn't do much of the completion list on my 1st. I got close to winning on the hard by few hundred points, that's when I gave up and did 3 playthroughs just to cheese the harder tables and do the rest of going out 30 times achievement on the easy table.

My main problem with Mahjong in this game compared to the others was how many times I've seen someone getting Ippatsu back to back. I've done 0's Mahjong requirements 3 times and I've seen more Ippatsu in this game than in 0.

Anyway, I would just continue in that playthrough if I were you, if you do an extra playthrough, you have to do the substories again (Like every other game in the series).

Edit: Oops, I misread your post, I'll still leave the post be if it helps 

Edited by LunaKishi

27 minutes ago, LunaKishi said:

I did 3 playthroughs (2nd was the Legend difficulty) for more peerless tiles since I didn't do much of the completion list on my 1st. I got close to winning on the hard by few hundred points, that's when I gave up and did 3 playthroughs just to cheese the harder tables and do the rest of going out 30 times achievement on the easy table.

My main problem with Mahjong in this game compared to the others was how many times I've seen someone getting Ippatsu back to back. I've done 0's Mahjong requirements 3 times and I've seen more Ippatsu in this game than in 0.

Anyway, I would just continue in that playthrough if I were you, if you do an extra playthrough, you have to do the substories again (Like every other game in the series).

Edit: Oops, I misread your post, I'll still leave the post be if it helps 

It’s cool. I saw a similar post on the Yakuza subreddit that suggested just grinding out the peerless tiles for the tourneys, but that’s kind of a big grind if Mahjong is your final thing before heading off to Legend to finish up your plat.

If I had thought of it beforehand, I would’ve probably done the same as you. Now it might be better to attempt to learn the game instead, than to go through the game 2 more times (one on Legend) + finishing the substories, Majima construction & Cabaret, again.  Dunno what to do, lol

28 minutes ago, Game_Knot said:

How’s this work?

Edited by d1l2e3v4

27 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

The second is setting the game to half. I think this means you need to win less rounds. To be honest I don't really know what causes a game to end, besides somebody going bankrupt.

A round of mahjong ends when everyone has had their turn as dealer. Dealing passes to the next player when the current dealer fails to win.

In theory a game of mahjong has four rounds (East, South, West, and North) but usually people play two (East and South). By setting the game to half, you're saying you only want to play one round (East).

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Need some help because I don’t understand what’s going on. First off, I had no issues whatsoever finishing the Mahjong requirements in Yakuza 0 and Kiwami. I understand the rules, well at least enough to play and win. I’ve been playing this for the last 3 hours now and I can’t seem to be able to call Riichi, Ron or Tsumo. Even though I’ve met the requirements for it many times already. I never steal tiles so my hand is always concealed. What’s going on here?

Edit: As always, you post something and you figure it out. Lol, I needed to press square to be able to call it. How could I forget this. That’s 3 hours wasted ?.

Edited by BB-BakkerJ

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

The RNG is working overtime in this instance of mahjong for sure.

I couldn’t buy a riichi on the easy table. And I understand the game reasonably well.

Save your peerless tiles for the competitions or whatever they’re called. I managed to win one by the skin of my teeth since I accidentallly used it thanks to the terrible menu system. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Agree with BDRick35. I found myself getting way more favourable hands in this one. I was able to win on all the tables cleanly getting way more Tsumo's and Rons then I did on 0, Kiwami or 3. Managed to get a fair few 7 pairs as well. I only used peerless tile for the initial substory and the Sotenbori cup. I won the Battle Royale cleanly also. 

• 3 months later...

I brushed up on the rules, and just played. It's not very hard in this one. The requirements are very lenient. It's just that the ai is still extremely talented for some reason. I saw a lot of 1st/2nd turn richii from the ai, even on the easy table. That said, I have no doubt that the substory, and 2 tournaments are pretty hard if you don't use the cheat pieces. I didn't even attempt those legitimately. 

• 8 months later...

Honestly after 100% zer0 and K1, K2 was way easier. Maybe because I got much more experienced and better at the game but also because of the cheat items. I used 1 for the substory and for the last 2 : 1 for the difficult table in ricchi and 1 for the tournament in ricchi.

I got almost all challenges done with only 13/30 ron/tsumo wins. So I went back to the easy table in kamourocho and play until I got the 30.

There is unfortunately no fast and easy way. Just play and try to learn the game.

• 1 month later...
On 3/25/2022 at 3:33 PM, DonLouboutin said:

Honestly after 100% zer0 and K1, K2 was way easier. Maybe because I got much more experienced and better at the game but also because of the cheat items. I used 1 for the substory and for the last 2 : 1 for the difficult table in ricchi and 1 for the tournament in ricchi.

I got almost all challenges done with only 13/30 ron/tsumo wins. So I went back to the easy table in kamourocho and play until I got the 30.

There is unfortunately no fast and easy way. Just play and try to learn the game.

You probably used that cheat item to try to bail that dude in that one substory. You practically had to win the table while being at a severe disadvantage. Tried for over a hour then basically gave up and used the cheat item.

• Like 2

On 27/04/2022 at 2:26 PM, AJ_Radio said:

You probably used that cheat item to try to bail that dude in that one substory. You practically had to win the table while being at a severe disadvantage. Tried for over a hour then basically gave up and used the cheat item.

Oh yeah, it's almost impossible withtout the cheat item. 

I learned the basics just playing and reading the help topic here, but you still complete Mahjong by luck.

Except for Hard table in sotenbori and that f'ckin mahjong substory (Both from K2), i got all mahjong achievments just playing normally, without using cheat items.

Edited by MegaMegu__