Are later PS3 models a bit faster?

Baka_Marimo

I've got a fat 80 GB PS3 which I'm using for just over 10 years now. I played a game that I wan't sure about on a blank account at first, but now I decided I want to attach the trophies to my main account. Therefore I backed up everything and deleted the user with my main account from the XMB (which on its own took over 10 minutes).

After that I went to the blank account, signed in to my main account from there and selected "Sync trophies". That was half an hour ago but the syncing operation has only made it to 65%. Since I'm going to do this quite a few times in the future I'm wondering if a newer model like the Superslim would do this faster. I'm planning to buy a second PS3 anyway, so it doesn't matter if I get it a bit sooner or later.

Edited by GTRP_Lancerlover

I had a launch PS3 that died a few year ago. I got a super slim to replace it, but I never noticed any difference. Trophy syncing just always takes a while, especially the first time. And it just takes longer and longer the more trophies you have because the PS3 is downloading every trophy list from PSN onto your console.

• Like 1

Slim wouldnt make it faster but if it's "new" one, then maybe it might. Syncing first time is the worse. I did so on multiple ps3 and waiting for 10k+ trophies to sync on system is a pain in the butthole.