Gaming By Numbers (Done!)

Participation  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to participate?

3 hours ago, Inuty said:

@eigen-space Thanks for the Event! It was a lot of fun and if you ever do that again I´m sure that I will participate! Keep up the good work and I can´t wait for my badge :) 

I may revisit this idea in the future, but I do have plans for a pretty brutal event that I'll post shortly after this one. Stay tuned ;-)

• Like 4

Time for an update from me! I'm sure you're all dying to know what I've been up to. I realized I just wasn't in the mood for some of the things on my list and didn't want to force myself to spend a long time on something I wasn't in the mood for. So I added a couple of EZPZ titles to the mix. Burly Men at Sea I was genuinely curious about and it last like two hours so it wasn't a big investment. However, at then end, I was a little underwhelmed. Battle Trivia Knockout is actually a really good trivia game. I played it solo vs three AI opponents and pretty easily got all the trophies in two full games. The mechanics of it are very good though. It's not just answer a trivia question first. You have various rounds that have their own flavor. On one, you and your opponent fight over answers by button mashing. If the answer is on your side at the end of the timer then you get credit for it. It's possible to hedge your bet and pull over more than one answer but you are penalized for each wrong answer. When I played it with my family later, no one could successfully keep me from getting the answer I wanted. My button mashing skills are strong. I could probably finish My Name is Mayo in record time. Just sayin'. lol. Finally, I recently received L.A. Noire. I've been interested in that for a long time and if I can wrap that up before the end of the year, that will fill out my last slot. 

0 - Fat Princess Adventures - 4120 || Burly Men at Sea - 6490 - :platinum:

1 - Gone Home - 4211 - ? ||  The Order: 1886 - 3291 - :platinum:

2 - Unravel - 4322 || L.A. Noire - 6922 - 6%

3 - Life is Strange - 3313 - :platinum: || Titanfall 2 - 5513 - :platinum:

4 - Mafia III - 5304 || Battle Trivia Knockout - 3904 - ?

5 - Goosebumps - 3965 - :platinum:

6 - Day of the Tentacle: Remastered - 4456 :platinum: || Coffin Dodgers - 4546 - :platinum:

7 - Persona 5 - 6007 :platinum:

8 - The Bunker - 5308 :platinum:

9 - Horizon Zero Dawn - 5879 :platinum:

Edited by BigHonkingOne
  • Like 2

And with Unfinished Swan finished, another one is done! Now let's make sure my colors get finished for this event... The game was an interesting experience once I passed that stupid pure white first level, but now I'm feeling a bit dizzy from my usual first person motion sickness... 

Now only 3, 6 and 9 to go.. 

And I started Asdivine Hearts, so the 9is underway, and since the EU FF15 Comrades landed in a 3, I will use it for that spot too, since I still don't feel like playing The Bridge.. 

0 - Unfinished Swan (3030)

1 - Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse - Episode 2 (2651)

2 - Garou: Mark of the Wolves (5562) 

3 - 

4 - Toren (3564)

5 - Journey (3705)

6 - 

7 - Hatoful Boyfriend (3707)

8 - Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse - Episode 1 (2348)

9 - 

Went ahead and did the standalone version of comrades for number 4 ^_^  Aside from the last fight which was intense, everything else was pretty easy.  I probably won't finish much else before the end of the event, I would like to maybe get a number 5 done (as it's the best color) but will have to check my backlog for something short that fits that number.

0. Burly Men at Sea :platinum:

2. Final Fantasy XV :platinum:

3. Megadimension Neptunia VII :platinum:

4. Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer: Comrades ?

7. Root Double -Before Crime * After Days- Xtend Edition :platinum:

9. Horizon Zero Dawn :platinum:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mesopithecus said:

Went ahead and did the standalone version of comrades for number 4 ^_^  Aside from the last fight which was intense, everything else was pretty easy.  I probably won't finish much else before the end of the event, I would like to maybe get a number 5 done (as it's the best color) but will have to check my backlog for something short that fits that number.

Does progress from the DLC comrades carry over to the stand-alone comrades? Congrats on being a top-10 first achiever (and #1 fastest!!!).

You can check out the spreadsheet to see what games other people have completed for #5, and I could PM you my backlog where I've annotated all the numbers if you'd like so you don't have to look all yours up (I'm sure we have a lot in common).

3 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

Does progress from the DLC comrades carry over to the stand-alone comrades? Congrats on being a top-10 first achiever (and #1 fastest!!!).

You can check out the spreadsheet to see what games other people have completed for #5, and I could PM you my backlog where I've annotated all the numbers if you'd like so you don't have to look all yours up (I'm sure we have a lot in common).

Yea, the progress does carry over but you have to do some things to get the trophies to trigger.  So, complete departure once, beat Bahamut again etc.  You have to get Kenny to appear again too.  That would be really helpful thank you ^_^  I glanced at the spreadsheet earlier but couldn't see anything reasonably short that I already had in my backlog

1 minute ago, Mesopithecus said:

Yea, the progress does carry over but you have to do some things to get the trophies to trigger.  So, complete departure once, beat Bahamut again etc.  You have to get Kenny to appear again too.  That would be really helpful thank you ^_^  I glanced at the spreadsheet earlier but couldn't see anything reasonably short that I already had in my backlog

A rec I could give for #5 is King's Quest on PS4.  First episode is free and that's all that is needed to complete the base game which is all you need for this event.  It's easy and you can finish the base game in about 3-5 hours.  The rest of it is DLC but you can always wait for a sale and do those later and each episode is about 3-5 hours to finish up.  It was actually a pretty fun game too and there are solid walkthroughs that will get you all of the trophies on GameFAQs and playstationtrophies.org.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

A rec I could give for #5 is King's Quest on PS4.  First episode is free and that's all that is needed to complete the base game which is all you need for this event.  It's easy and you can finish the base game in about 3-5 hours.  The rest of it is DLC but you can always wait for a sale and do those later and each episode is about 3-5 hours to finish up.  It was actually a pretty fun game too and there are solid walkthroughs that will get you all of the trophies on GameFAQs and playstationtrophies.org.

@Mesopithecus King's Quest complete edition is on sale right now for $9 :eyebrow:

Edited by gruffiiti
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, gruffiiti said:

@Mesopithecus King's Quest complete edition is on sale right now for $9 :eyebrow:

So tempting, I'm trying hard not to buy anything though so I can get through my backlog.  I think I have the first episode of King's Quest from when it was on PS+ some time ago,will need to check my download list.

Got my #9 game done with Oceanhorn. I know the game took a ton of inspiration from Zelda games, but I would much rather play a Zelda game over Oceanhorn any day. I think the game was extremely mediocre. It's a very quick game to get through though. I finished it in just over 12 hours. Everyone talks about how dreaded the Fish Sticks trophy is for catching all the fish but I caught them all in under an hour so maybe I got lucky? 

And that brings me to the end of my list. I had a good time with this event and it was nice clearing some games out of my backlog! 

0. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (320)

1. Day D Tower Rush (2831)

2. Destory All Humans! (5482)

3. Doodle God (Vita) (2043) 

4. Monster High New Ghoul In School (4054)

5. Jack N Jill DX (8115)

6. The Deadly Tower of Monsters (4216)

7. Shutshumi (3797)

8. Rime (6188)

9. Oceanhorn (5259)

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

No, I think he only meant the whole number list, not the full game. 

Note: both complete edition and episodic game have different trophy lists, but both are #5, so work for the same number in the event. 

The one on sale on PSN right now is this trophy list: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3725-kings-quest

I bought the same one a few months back and that's what it ended up being here.  I did buy what the PSN store lists as the complete collection, but the trophy list is not the one denoted as the Complete Collection.  The one I got was this: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0002-CUSA01447_00-KINGSQUESTCOMPLT

Buying that will show as purchased for that one, the season pass, and all the episodes for the PS4.  I don't have PS+ so I can't comment on what people got there, but I do know that the first episode is free for everyone and that's the base game.  It's what I did for #5 and it took me about 3-5 hours to 100% the base game.  I ended up finishing the whole thing and enjoyed it.  But the main reason for my rec was the fact that it costs nothing to cover the requirement for this event and it's easy to finish up in a day.

• Like 1