Gaming By Numbers (Done!)

Participation  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to participate?

On 9/29/2018 at 1:47 PM, InfinateEternity said:

I signed up in the poll. This sounds like a really interesting way for me to start working through my insane backlog! 

I can totally sympathize. I was able to pick whatever for the first few, but after that things got random as I had to find numbers that fit. I hope you enjoy your picks and knocking some off your backlog.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BigHonkingOne said:

I can totally sympathize. I was able to pick whatever for the first few, but after that things got random as I had to find numbers that fit. I hope you enjoy your picks and knocking some off your backlog.

I think I'm just going to wing it at the start to see what I get and then plan out the rest later. Another KYC in November which should help me with choosing...

Count me in:

0 - Shadow of the Colossus

1 - infamous: Second Son

2 - Assassin's Creed: Origins

3 - Marvel's Spiderman

4 - Fallout Shelter

5 - Crash Bandicoot

6 - Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back

7 - Crahs Bandicoot: Warped

8 - Prey

9 - Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lorajet said:

@ShogunCroCop Wow! Nice list. 

@Lorajet Thanks. To be fair, about half of them I don't have yet, or have but haven't started yet. The only one I don't have is Spiderman, but I am planning on getting it along with Red Dead 2 when it releases. I have all of the rest, I just haven't started playing like 4 or 5 of them. The rest are on my profile.

23 minutes ago, ShogunCroCop said:

@Lorajet Thanks. To be fair, about half of them I don't have yet, or have but haven't started yet. The only one I don't have is Spiderman, but I am planning on getting it along with Red Dead 2 when it releases. I have all of the rest, I just haven't started playing like 4 or 5 of them. The rest are on my profile.

RDR2 and Spiderman?  I'm jealous!!  2 fantastic games to pick up.  Will be difficult to decide which one to start with.

25 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

RDR2 and Spiderman?  I'm jealous!!  2 fantastic games to pick up.  Will be difficult to decide which one to start with.

Yeah I also know AC Odyssey is coming out but I will wait on that. Most likely I will play Spiderman and RDR2 one right after the other, but depending on how hardcore I get with this event, I might save RDR2 for the new year. And if RDR2 has a URL with an ID that ends in another number on the list, I may swap out one of those games for it.

10 minutes ago, ShogunCroCop said:

Yeah I also know AC Odyssey is coming out but I will wait on that. Most likely I will play Spiderman and RDR2 one right after the other, but depending on how hardcore I get with this event, I might save RDR2 for the new year. And if RDR2 has a URL with an ID that ends in another number on the list, I may swap out one of those games for it.

Personally, my thoughts on RDR2 will be one to savor and just take my time.  If they make it anything like GTA V, I'm hoping it is a game that will be a long term one, you know?  I still go back to GTA V just to fly that heli :awesome:  And, I forgot about AC Odyssey.

I cant do a list yet until I make a decision. This challenge will bring me really close to Plat 30. So I am trying to decide what game to work on that amd then have fillers games to fill out the rest of the list. 

Some of the contenders are:

Dragon Quest 11

Ni No Kuni 2

Attack on Titan 2

Skyrim

Bully

Castlevania SOTN

17 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Castlevania SOTN

Wait, this has a trophy list on PSN?  I'm intrigued since a friend of mine got me back into the series and I found out I don't suck as much as I thought I did at them.

Of course I bet it won't happen to be one of my few empty numbers.

50 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Wait, this has a trophy list on PSN?  I'm intrigued since a friend of mine got me back into the series and I found out I don't suck as much as I thought I did at them.

Of course I bet it won't happen to be one of my few empty numbers.

It is being released on PS4 at the end of OCT. I believe on like the 27th. There is no trophy list yet. I am sure it will be differant that the Xbox 360 list relased back in like 2008.

1 minute ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

It is being released on PS4 at the end of OCT. I believe on like the 27th. There is no trophy list yet. I am sure it will be differant that the Xbox 360 list relased back in like 2008.

Good thing then that I didn't grab the 360 one yet.  Is it a remake then, or a port of the PS1 version?

38 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Good thing then that I didn't grab the 360 one yet.  Is it a remake then, or a port of the PS1 version?

It is a direct port. Here is the blog post announcement about it all.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/09/26/castlevania-symphony-of-the-night-rondo-of-blood-haunt-ps4-october-26/

10 hours ago, shadowhood1111 said:

xD I was actually about to say maybe you should move it up. Oct. 15 cant come soon enough ugh! Oct 13th is better at least. Was kinda hoping to start like next week or so.

You can start... just dont pop those platinums till the 13th. :P

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Lorajet said:

Personally, my thoughts on RDR2 will be one to savor and just take my time.  If they make it anything like GTA V, I'm hoping it is a game that will be a long term one, you know?  I still go back to GTA V just to fly that heli :awesome:  And, I forgot about AC Odyssey.

I also have GTA V. Haven't played it yet though. I have so many other games I am trying to play right now, and I don't have enough room for it, so I want to play some of these games to make room.

11 hours ago, eigen-space said:

I decided to change the start date of the event to Oct 13 so that everyone has an extra weekend during this event :)

Nice was already counting the days 

11 hours ago, shadowhood1111 said:

xD I was actually about to say maybe you should move it up. Oct. 15 cant come soon enough ugh! Oct 13th is better at least. Was kinda hoping to start like next week or so.

Same here, it is hard to play games where you know you need to wait before you can get the plat ?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ShogunCroCop said:

I also have GTA V. Haven't played it yet though. I have so many other games I am trying to play right now, and I don't have enough room for it, so I want to play some of these games to make room.

I can relate to that.  And, we have a couple more games today from PS+.  So little time.....

• Like 1

Well I wasn't going to sign up for an event for a while so that I could play a few games in my backlog at my own pace...however I like this format...just play whatever you want basically :)  I have checked several of the games in my backlog and there is enough of a variety of numbers where I'll qualify if I get them done in time so sign me up! I'm not sure exactly which ones I'll be tackling before the end of the year so I won't list any here yet. Thanks for setting this up!

• Like 1

Ah why not count me in,

with winter coming soon I'll spend a lot more time playing anyway, so I might just complete this challenge.

I won't make a list though, I'll see which numbers I'll get when I complete a game, hopefully I'll get all of the numbers that way, I might search out numbers I haven't gotten near the end of the event, but I prefere not to focus on a list!