Gaming By Numbers (Done!)

Participation  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to participate?

I am for sure joining. I thought this was a great idea and I am confident @eigen-space will be an excellent host.

We are still hashing out some details. But there will be 10 unique colors applied to picture. Once the color scheme is finalized, the colors will be assigned to the same number for everyone. If six people do the minimum of four games, you might might see six different badges because they may not have completed the same numbers/colors. For example, if you didn't get the number for yellow, your picture will have no yellow. The design of the badge might change a little bit. We are trying out noses, etc. I also might need to change position of the name. I think it will look better underneath the event title so there's room to work with longer names. 

Edited by BigHonkingOne
  • Like 3

Sign me up, please!

I made a list of possible games (that I own and haven't finished yet) for each number:

0 - Dark Souls II (PS3) / Psycho-Pass
1 - Katamary Forever / Ys: Memories of Celceta
2 - Nioh / Wipeout Omega Collection / Steins;Gate 0
3 - MGS4 / Bound / Odin Sphere
4 - Furi / Nier Automata / Grim Fandango / Ys Origin (NA & EU) / Muv-Luv Alternative / Steins;Gate
5 - God Eater 2: Rage Burst / Severed / Shiren the Wanderer / Muv-Luv
6 - Dustforce / Uncanny Valley
7 - Rise of the Tomb Raider / MGS V: TPP (PS4) / Toukiden 2 / Hatoful Boyfriend
8 - Trinity Universe / MGS V: Ground Zeroes (PS4) / Rime / Zero Time Dilemma
9 - Atelier Rorona Plus / Dead Space / Spec Ops: The Line / The Nonary Games

Some of these are quite long, not sure how many numbers I'll manage to finish.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

I can't decide if I love this concept or hate this concept because I have to manually figure out the numbers for each game :P

Count me in. I'll probably try and figure out a list later just so I can stay on track :) 

It gives alot of freedom. Play whatever you like for the first few numbers but then might take a little work to line up the rest.

• Like 1

Just now, kingofbattle8174 said:

It gives alot of freedom. Play whatever you like for the first few numbers but then might take a little work to line up the rest.

That's what I'm thinking! I love how I don't have to use a game because it fits a certain "theme" and that every game I own will match at least one number. I just really like to plan out lists for these events and this one involves a bit more work. But that's just me complaining :P A few searches and clicks won't kill me any sooner. 

Everyone that's joined should be added to the participant list. Let me know if you don't see your name tagged there :)

These are the games that I plan to play for the event... might change but who knows :)

0 - 36 Fragments of Midnight (VITA - NA) - 6660

1 - Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn (Physical) - 7681

2 - Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star - 4172

3 - Doodle God (NA Vita) - 2043

4 - Hyperdimension Neptunia - 774

5 - Fe - 7255

6 - Valthirian Arc - 8156

7 - Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 - 1277

8 - Beyond Eyes - 3848

9 - Syberia 3 - 6029

Edited by eigen-space

Woohoo! I have a list!! Mostly, I was just trying to put something together so I could be sure I had at least one game with each number and able to balance it so that my list is not comprised of ten giant games that will take hundreds of hours. 

0 - Fat Princess Adventures - 4120

1 - Gone Home - 4211

2 - Unravel - 4322

3 - Axiom Verge - 3423

4 - Mafia III - 5304

5 - Far Cry Primal - 4365

6 - Day of the Tentacle: Remastered - 4456

7 - Persona 5 - 6007

8 - Uncharted: Lost Legacy - 6508

9 - Slime Rancher - 8049

• Like 1

11 hours ago, eigen-space said:

I still like seeing what people are playing (like Hatoful Boyfriend-- the best VN ever!), I just didn't want the added hassle of updating a game list 10x for the same person during a 1-week span :P

I also think it makes it a little easier/less stressful if people don't feel they have to "commit" to a list.

That's understandable. Some people tend to change their opinion on what to play next way more often than their underwear and keeping track of those changes is a tedious task if there's a large amount of participants. Not to forget that you are actually forced to use a desktop on the forum or it's even more of a PITA.

I also tend to jump between games and can't decide what to play next most of the time so therefor having some kind of playlist or running order once in a while helps me to keep up with all games. :D

I am very down to do this so made my list probably wont complete anything lol but its worth a shot

0- Sims 4 - 6920

1- Bloodborne - 3431

2- Fallout 4 - 4012

3- Enter The Gungeon - 4513

4- Everybody's Golf - 6544

5- Dark Souls Remasterd - 7655

6- Flinthook - 5946

7- Dragon Quest XI - 8127

8- Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition - 2918

9- Lego Jurassic World - 3619

• Like 1

@eigen-space Cool idea :) 

Did I understand you correct that you will look up the profiles of the People after the Event starts and see if any category is done? So I don´t necessary Need to put up a list? I can Play what I want and if I´m able to finish 4 games with different ending URL IDs I receive a badge?

I like the idea so you can Count me in. It depends on your answer if I will create a list of games or just play what I want to game and see how everything will turn out :D 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Inuty said:

@eigen-space Cool idea :) 

Did I understand you correct that you will look up the profiles of the People after the Event starts and see if any category is done? So I don´t necessary Need to put up a list? I can Play what I want and if I´m able to finish 4 games with different ending URL IDs I receive a badge?

I like the idea so you can Count me in. It depends on your answer if I will create a list of games or just play what I want to game and see how everything will turn out :D 

You understood correctly :)

People can make lists and plan if they want, but you don't have to if you don't want to. I'll be checking everyone's profile every week or so to update. The badge gets "colored in" based on the numbers you get (full color is all 10 digits), but you'll just need a minimum of 4 to receive a badge :D

@DragonQuest238, this should answer your questions too :)

Edited by eigen-space
  • Like 1

@eigen-space can you put me in the participant‘s list please?

i just figured my games out:

0 - Assassin’s Creed Rogue Remastered 7390

1 - Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood PS4 5551

2 - Jazzpunk NA 5312

3 - Marvel‘s Spider-Man 8143

4 - God of War III Remastered 3684

5 - Energy Cycle EU PS4 6455

6 - Batman 5146

7 - The Wolf Among Us PS4 3087

8 - Tales from the Borderlands DG 3188

9 - Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered 5379

52 minutes ago, malachi1987 said:

So want to make sure I understand this concept, very tired while reading this.

I pick up to 10 games based on the url id or you do?

You pick the games! You can either plan your list ahead of time or simply play what you feel like and hope the last digit in the ID is different for each game.

You only need 4 games with different ones-place digit to receive a badge, but you will need all 10 for a full-color badge :)

@gruffiiti, of course! I'll be updating the participants list later when I'm at my laptop.

Edited by eigen-space