Obligatory "Trophy Thoughts" Thread

ThatMuttGuy

16 minutes ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

It's so bad Embrace the Void?What do you have to do?

Theres 42 bosses or so in the game, the part in question is divided into 5 Pantheons

Each Pantheon has 9 or somet bosses u must defeat with only 1 rest break. If u fail, u dont go to the break area, but back to boss 1.

The Pantheons basically contain variants of the bosses, but the good news is that u can save once a pantheon is done

In a nutshell, u must kill 10 bosses at once 5 times, getting increasingly harder

U will find as u play, that each boss can be bloody difficult, but it is just practice practice practice

When I played on switch, sometimes I would be stuck on  ONE boss for hours lol

Sounds fun eh ;)

Edited by optimusmart
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, optimusmart said:

'Embrace the Bitching' lol

42 at once, thats crazy isnt it

I agree with the speedrun, id have took that over this anyday....

Think I may go for it.....gulp

lmao best of luck! I think I will too, I was gonna go with Timespinner first since it looks way more appealing personally, but it's hard to pass on this with the pre-order discount, and I wanna see how fast I give up on Embrace the Void lol.

Plus I've played a bit on Switch but I really dislike the joy-cons, pro controller seems like a must but I don't play Switch enough so I haven't gotten one yet.

I still cant believe that one out of 2 Xbox exclusives I am interested in is finally coming to PS4. The OST brought my attention to the game, which is also amazing. 

Also nice to see it will be somewhat challenging, even if I cannot grasp how hard yet. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, optimusmart said:

Theres 42 bosses or so in the game, the part in question is divided into 5 Pantheons

Each Pantheon has 9 or somet bosses u must defeat with only 1 rest break. If u fail, u dont go to the break area, but back to boss 1.

The Pantheons basically contain variants of the bosses, but the good news is that u can save once a pantheon is done

In a nutshell, u must kill 10 bosses at once 5 times, getting increasingly harder

U will find as u play, that each boss can be bloody difficult, but it is just practice practice practice

Sounds fun eh ;)

mmmm, I'm confused, so there is 42 bosses, they are divided in 5 pantheons... And you can save each time that you finish a Pantheon? So you practice and practice un til you beat the first batch of 8/9 bosses, save, than you can start for the next batch of 8/9 bosses? And if you die you can start from the last save? Or you need to get to the first boss of all? So what is the point of saving?

59 minutes ago, Mori said:

I still cant believe that one out of 2 Xbox exclusives I am interested in is finally coming to PS4. The OST brought my attention to the game.

But it never was an Xbox exclusive. It is coming out tomorrow for PS4 and Xbox. Ori and the Blind Forest(which is another metroidvania with amazing ost) on the other hand, is an Xbox exclusive.

12 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

mmmm, I'm confused, so there is 42 bosses, they are divided in 5 pantheons... And you can save each time that you finish a Pantheon?

Yes, but the 5th pantheon is 42 bosses in the row. 1-4 have about ten each. If you die in the pantheon you start over. You only need pantheons 1 to 4 for 112%, but still need 5th for Embrace the Void.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, optimusmart said:

Sounds fun eh ;)

Save and exit? If so you can save scum it and if thats true then im disappointed.

Nvm I saw someone say the 5th is 42 in a row

Ill have to pick it up definitely 

Edited by lilpain97
Mistake
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

But it never was an Xbox exclusive. It is coming out tomorrow for PS4 and Xbox. Ori and the Blind Forest(which is another metroidvania with amazing ost) on the other hand, is an Xbox exclusive.

[...]

Ohh.. you re right. I only remember that I was disappointed last year, because it was (PC) exclusive. 

Ori is also the other game I am interested in, funny you mentioned it.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, NaseemJohn said:

I think this will be a difficult plat. That trophy embrace the void requires you to beat 42 bosses in a row with random modifiers. Also a very low percentage of people on pc have it completed.

Do they have to be beaten in one sitting? 

edit : nevermind, saw that they have to

Edited by SecondGenesis
  • Like 1

Just a heads up for anyone interned in this game it's up for pre-order for around $12!  I thought a game of this caliber would be more, I'd definitely pay more, but hey I ain't complaining. Got enough for Timespinner as well because I didn't think Hollow Knight would be so cheap. 

But I'm so happy I finally get to play this, Metroidvania is by far my favorite genre of games and I hope I can add this to my collection of Metroidvania plats.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Akrioz said:

Yes, but the 5th pantheon is 42 bosses in the row. 1-4 have about ten each. If you die in the pantheon you start over. You only need pantheons 1 to 4 for 112%, but still need 5th for Embrace the Void.

Holy shit! Lmfao

I only read up on 1st and 2nd Pantheons, and assumed the rest followed that pattern

Hell of a jump, 10 bosses at once to 42 at once. But it will be very satisfying.

I hope From Software doesnt become inspired by this:

Bloodborne 2 with a pantheon of the Gods mode and trophy ;)

Edited by optimusmart
  • Like 1