ThatMuttGuy

Obligatory "Trophy Thoughts" Thread

74 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, optimusmart said:

 

U will wish there was instead of these Embrace the Void trophy ;)

 

Its such a good game though and because its only 1 playthrough if done right, the boss rush MAY still be fun

It's so bad Embrace the Void?What do you have to do?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

It's so bad Embrace the Void?What do you have to do?

 

Theres 42 bosses or so in the game, the part in question is divided into 5 Pantheons

 

Each Pantheon has 9 or somet bosses u must defeat with only 1 rest break. If u fail, u dont go to the break area, but back to boss 1.

 

The Pantheons basically contain variants of the bosses, but the good news is that u can save once a pantheon is done

 

In a nutshell, u must kill 10 bosses at once 5 times, getting increasingly harder

 

U will find as u play, that each boss can be bloody difficult, but it is just practice practice practice

 

When I played on switch, sometimes I would be stuck on  ONE boss for hours lol

 

Sounds fun eh ;)

Edited by optimusmart
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, optimusmart said:

 

'Embrace the Bitching' lol

 

42 at once, thats crazy isnt it

 

I agree with the speedrun, id have took that over this anyday....

 

Think I may go for it.....gulp

 

lmao best of luck! I think I will too, I was gonna go with Timespinner first since it looks way more appealing personally, but it's hard to pass on this with the pre-order discount, and I wanna see how fast I give up on Embrace the Void lol.

 

Plus I've played a bit on Switch but I really dislike the joy-cons, pro controller seems like a must but I don't play Switch enough so I haven't gotten one yet.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moiledieu said:

What is the point of the bench if you have to start all over when you die ?

 

Get your HP and MP back to full if you barely survived previous boss, change/tweak your build/charm loadout. A brief respite.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, StrangeInStereo said:

 

Get your HP and MP back to full if you barely survived previous boss, change/tweak your build/charm loadout. A brief respite.

 

Also to make a brew

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got a friend that said the Godmaster DLC was a huge pain in the ass. But he also said if I got through it (and basically the plat) he'd have to go back and beat the Godmaster stuff. So I'm definitely going to go for the 100% (or in this case 112%).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still cant believe that one out of 2 Xbox exclusives I am interested in is finally coming to PS4. The OST brought my attention to the game, which is also amazing. 

 

Also nice to see it will be somewhat challenging, even if I cannot grasp how hard yet. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't played this before, and very excited to finally do so. Are there any missables to keep an eye out for?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, optimusmart said:

 

Theres 42 bosses or so in the game, the part in question is divided into 5 Pantheons

 

Each Pantheon has 9 or somet bosses u must defeat with only 1 rest break. If u fail, u dont go to the break area, but back to boss 1.

 

The Pantheons basically contain variants of the bosses, but the good news is that u can save once a pantheon is done

 

In a nutshell, u must kill 10 bosses at once 5 times, getting increasingly harder

 

U will find as u play, that each boss can be bloody difficult, but it is just practice practice practice

 

When I played on switch, sometimes I would be stuck on  ONE boss for hours lol

 

Sounds fun eh ;)

 

mmmm, I'm confused, so there is 42 bosses, they are divided in 5 pantheons... And you can save each time that you finish a Pantheon? So you practice and practice un til you beat the first batch of 8/9 bosses, save, than you can start for the next batch of 8/9 bosses? And if you die you can start from the last save? Or you need to get to the first boss of all? So what is the point of saving?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Mori said:

I still cant believe that one out of 2 Xbox exclusives I am interested in is finally coming to PS4. The OST brought my attention to the game.

But it never was an Xbox exclusive. It is coming out tomorrow for PS4 and Xbox. Ori and the Blind Forest(which is another metroidvania with amazing ost) on the other hand, is an Xbox exclusive.

12 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

 

mmmm, I'm confused, so there is 42 bosses, they are divided in 5 pantheons... And you can save each time that you finish a Pantheon?

Yes, but the 5th pantheon is 42 bosses in the row. 1-4 have about ten each. If you die in the pantheon you start over. You only need pantheons 1 to 4 for 112%, but still need 5th for Embrace the Void.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

Yes, but the 5th pantheon is 42 bosses in the row. 1-4 have about ten each. If you die in the pantheon you start over. You only need pantheons 1 to 4 for 112%, but still need 5th for Embrace the Void.

 

Oh! Now I understand... That's horrible! xD

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, optimusmart said:

 

Theres 42 bosses or so in the game, the part in question is divided into 5 Pantheons

 

Each Pantheon has 9 or somet bosses u must defeat with only 1 rest break. If u fail, u dont go to the break area, but back to boss 1.

 

The Pantheons basically contain variants of the bosses, but the good news is that u can save once a pantheon is done

 

In a nutshell, u must kill 10 bosses at once 5 times, getting increasingly harder

 

U will find as u play, that each boss can be bloody difficult, but it is just practice practice practice

 

When I played on switch, sometimes I would be stuck on  ONE boss for hours lol

 

Sounds fun eh ;)

Save and exit? If so you can save scum it and if thats true then im disappointed.

Nvm I saw someone say the 5th is 42 in a row

 

Ill have to pick it up definitely 

Edited by lilpain97
Mistake
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really looking forward to this game a lot, surprised that the speed runs got taken out.  Embrace the Void will probably be too tough for me, but I don't want to pass up a fun game like this because of trophies ^_^

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

But it never was an Xbox exclusive. It is coming out tomorrow for PS4 and Xbox. Ori and the Blind Forest(which is another metroidvania with amazing ost) on the other hand, is an Xbox exclusive.

[...]

 

Ohh.. you re right. I only remember that I was disappointed last year, because it was (PC) exclusive. 

 

Ori is also the other game I am interested in, funny you mentioned it.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, NaseemJohn said:

I think this will be a difficult plat. That trophy embrace the void requires you to beat 42 bosses in a row with random modifiers. Also a very low percentage of people on pc have it completed.

 

Do they have to be beaten in one sitting? 

 

edit : nevermind, saw that they have to

Edited by SecondGenesis
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a heads up for anyone interned in this game it's up for pre-order for around $12!  I thought a game of this caliber would be more, I'd definitely pay more, but hey I ain't complaining. Got enough for Timespinner as well because I didn't think Hollow Knight would be so cheap. 

 

But I'm so happy I finally get to play this, Metroidvania is by far my favorite genre of games and I hope I can add this to my collection of Metroidvania plats.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Havent play this game before,  going to buy it on day1.  I heard that this is a hard game and trophies are challenging,  cant wait to play it.  😘 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seen a ton of gameplay on twitch. Looks like a decent game. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I already have this on Steam but never finished it and was going to double dip if the trophies were reasonable but Embrace the Void sounds like it'll be too much for me.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Akrioz said:

But it never was an Xbox exclusive. It is coming out tomorrow for PS4 and Xbox. Ori and the Blind Forest(which is another metroidvania with amazing ost) on the other hand, is an Xbox exclusive.

Yes, but the 5th pantheon is 42 bosses in the row. 1-4 have about ten each. If you die in the pantheon you start over. You only need pantheons 1 to 4 for 112%, but still need 5th for Embrace the Void.

 

Holy shit! Lmfao

 

I only read up on 1st and 2nd Pantheons, and assumed the rest followed that pattern

 

Hell of a jump, 10 bosses at once to 42 at once. But it will be very satisfying.

 

I hope From Software doesnt become inspired by this:

Bloodborne 2 with a pantheon of the Gods mode and trophy ;)

Edited by optimusmart
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the trophy images. Getting that 112% is going to be fairly hardcore. Should be a fun one. 

I might wait for the physical copy to release since I do still own it for the Switch... or maybe just buy the digital version anyway to support TC since the game is so goddamn good.... we'll see.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.