Obligatory "Trophy Thoughts" Thread

ThatMuttGuy

I really like the Trophy design. I heard about all the positive comments on this game and was hoping it would come to PS4. I just bought it and the game is allready downloading. 

If you want to pick it up, be fast, because the 20% discount is almost gone in Europe. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

Well the game doesn't unlock at midnight like with most pre orders... Expected to play it in 4 hours, but countdown timer says 16 hours...

There goes my night. 

Yeah I just pre-ordered and was surprised to see that. I was hoping to play at midnight. Weird is that in other regions it did unlock at midnight apparently.

20 hours ago, EightBitArtist said:

no

and to everyone saying this will be an easy plat. well... you're wrong.

What makes it hard? Usually, in one of these metroid-style games, it's things like a speed run or a no-death run that really make things difficult, but none of that is here. Are some of the bosses really rough?

17 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

What makes it hard? Usually, in one of these metroid-style games, it's things like a speed run or a no-death run that really make things difficult, but none of that is here. Are some of the bosses really rough?

This

Embrace the Void 
Ascend the Pantheon of Hallownest and take your place at its peak

7 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

You have a boss rush thats got 42 in a row. That's far worse than a permadeath or speedrun trophy.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Smuiq said:

Hi guys,

two quick questions as I am new to the game:
1) is there a free roam after the final boss? 

2) any missables? ( i mean I have read that there are none but some seem like need pre-requerments like 'Passing of the Age', am I right?)

nightmare's end might be missable. the trophy states just to complete the tale. well theres two ways to complete the tale. banishment the troupe or kill the leader. banishing them doesnt seem to yield the trophy (even though you are technically completing the tale) or its glitched and should give you the trophy. i havent beaten him yet to see if it unlocks the trophy. problem is if you banish them they then disappear for good so if you didnt have a backup save youd be shit outta luck.

Edited by EightBitArtist
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EightBitArtist said:

nightmare's end might be missable. the trophy states just to complete the tale. well theres two ways to complete the tale. banishment the troupe or kill the leader. banishing them doesnt seem to yield the trophy (even though you are technically completing the tale) or its glitched and should give you the trophy. i havent beaten him yet to see if it unlocks the trophy. problem is if you banish them they then disappear for good so if you didnt have a backup save youd be shit outta luck.

Might as well just kill the boss then. More fun that way, too!

Edited by FrostyMcNugs
grammar
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, EightBitArtist said:

I banished them and didn’t get the trophy either but had a backup and just beat Nightmare King Grimm and it popped then. 

NIGHTMARES END TROPHY IS MISSABLE

or glitched like you said but better to assume missable for now

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/9/2018 at 1:34 AM, Akrioz said:

But it never was an Xbox exclusive. It is coming out tomorrow for PS4 and Xbox. Ori and the Blind Forest(which is another metroidvania with amazing ost) on the other hand, is an Xbox exclusive.

Yes, but the 5th pantheon is 42 bosses in the row. 1-4 have about ten each. If you die in the pantheon you start over. You only need pantheons 1 to 4 for 112%, but still need 5th for Embrace the Void.

This looks..crazy, man....., well, better this crazy stuff that the speedrun or the permadeah mode.

On 9/29/2018 at 10:52 PM, k_Reign said:

I banished them and didn’t get the trophy either but had a backup and just beat Nightmare King Grimm and it popped then. 

NIGHTMARES END TROPHY IS MISSABLE

or glitched like you said but better to assume missable for now

So, not anymore with the new patch.

On 10/18/2018 at 9:09 AM, FlareZero said:

This looks..crazy, man....., well, better this crazy stuff that the speedrun or the permadeah mode.

It's pretty damn hard. I haven't even completed the vanilla pantheons yet (still need the Knight one). A speedrun would have been easier. Permadeath would have been a chore, though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SecondGenesis said:

How long does the 5th Pantheon take? About an hour?

Bout that, but u are unlikely to do it 1st time

U must reach the final boss just to unlock it in the practice arena

The 3 really difficult bosses, u must almost perfect. Which will take 1.5-3hrs+ practice on each

From pantheon 1 to end of P5, you are looking at 10-20hrs depending on how skillful u are at videogames

• 1 month later...
31 minutes ago, LordBilbanes said:

I'll probably stick to just beating this game instead of going for the plat.  Don't have the skill to plat this it sounds like.

I give it a 10/10

My trophy walkthrough is all done except about adding the last gauntlet info. Ive been trying to do it today, it is hard as nails

I have probably attempted this boss 300+ times, im starting to get the odd kill now so im getting there, but its took me literally like 10hrs just practicing one boss

Id have given up by now, but ive gotta get it done for this walkthrough

Edited by optimusmart