Update 6.00: Anyone feel theres more to it, soon to be revealed?

TactikalKitty

The latest update didn’t seem to add much at all, but warranted a beta test...seems kinda odd if you ask me. Anyone else feel there’s more going on under the hood than what Sony is letting on? Like maybe slowly incorporating the framework for something much larger, perhaps name changes? What are your thoughts?

Edited by kitty_sullivan

I don't know, I think people are just looking for something that isn't there. I mean sure, the update could be laying out the framework for 6.50 or something, but for some additional feature to be announced for 6.00 is a reach. 6.00 only talked about better system performance and if I were Sony, I'd like to test to see if the update works as intended and work out the kinks before full release.

• Like 1

There was a big piracy/homebrew issue that this needed to fix.  I doubt this update did anything else.  And as for naming conventions, they have always named the .50 and .00 updates in spring and fall for PS4, so I wouldn't look for any secret features because of that.

(Though I'm still hoping the "next" update adds more trophy sorting features.)

This is exactly what they wanted, us talking about it more over it when there is nothing to really to talk about. It was just a system maintenance beta testing...

While there add some things I'd like to see, they'd most likely not be added until the next system comes out, if at all. Things like a play log for example. Honestly I'm pretty happy with what the PS4 offers, but if there are features (other than name changes) that have been requested a lot by the community and are easy to implement I see no reason to not do it, other than stubbornness.

Just be glad you're not with Nintendo. They refuse to add even the most basic features, like messaging, voice chat (the app doesn't count), custom themes, ways to re-experience old games etc.

But hey...at least they allow name changes!

14 hours ago, Sundr0wn said:

Well name changes probably not gonna be tied to the console. They're not gonna be like "you need to buy a ps5 to able to change your name". So shouldnt we rather be looking out for PSN updates?

I don't know, what if PS5 users will need to make a new acount that is then linked to the old account. PS5 PSN 2.0 can have name changes but PSN 1.0 cant.... Everyone is thinking its so easy, but Sony really fked up when they wrote the original PSN. You think they wouldnt make it happen already if it was that easy? If its something so asked for for so long and yet they still can't do it. It could literally breakdown the whole database if one incy thing is written wrong. Can you image your library /account bugged or glitched somewhere and went to somebody else?? So much problems could arise. 

Idk, we’ve had plenty of “incremental” updates, NONE of which deemed a beta test....off, none that can recall. System performance updates could be tested in house. For them to beta test it, it seems like they put in grounds for a framework for something, and need to see how it interacts with the database across a vast amount of users. 

• 4 weeks later...