DLC Mein Leben Trophy Glitch!

11 minutes ago, EphemeralEcho said:

Hello!

Just wanted to share a glitch I found whilst going for the 100% in Wolfenstein 2 (Kinda sharing this reluctantly after doing it legit myself....)

So, as you know the DLCs are comprised into 3 separate volumes with each DLC having their own. 

Most guides only tell you that you need to complete all the volumes on IADI or Mein Leben to unlock the trophies, this is false.

After multiple tests I can confirm that:

*You only need to finish the last *3rd* volume on the corresponding difficulty making both DLC 2 & 3 extremely simple while DLC1 remains quite tough as it's the hardest level in all 3 DLC's. 

Still, saves alot of time!

Best Wishes

EphemeralEcho

Cool, now we just need to find a way to skip a lot of the rest of the main game as in the part on the final level/ big robot fight and it will be a life saver over all.

9 minutes ago, KANERKB said:

Cool, now we just need to find a way to skip a lot of the rest of the main game as in the part on the final level/ big robot fight and it will be a life saver over all.

Honestly the game isn't that bad once you learn it.

I'd happily do a stream teaching people the entire game if there's interest for it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, EphemeralEcho said:

Honestly the game isn't that bad once you learn it.

I'd happily do a stream teaching people the entire game if there's interest for it.

only places that need help in my time of it is only the parts where you ride the robo dog, the parts after hitler as stealth from what I see and do in this game is broken I mean the box I hide behind to see what is happening still gets me seen by the super solider and that is what f ed up my run a lot along with mostly the whole final part of that level once your done with him and the final fight as I can't seem to find a good place to take cover or hide  to make a run for the ladder out of there.

I will say and I know I go on rants about this thing of a wolfenstein game but dear god who ever thought it was a good idea for making this mode is just a dumass as you can't really do what wolfenstein is about, that being running about like an asshole and killing everything in your path not hiding and shooting cover based crap. I know it maybe unfair to compare the game to return to caslte wolfenstein but this is not how it works in the hardest mode.

Sorry just yeah need to rant somethings and yeah, once am done with the plat of this game the rest of the wolfenstein games are not going to be touched by me as if this is the crap I have to do to beat a hardest setting in the game, yeah no, I think akuma mode in evil within 1 was more fair then mein leben to tell the truth.

Edited by KANERKB

2 minutes ago, Cobby said:

I found the last part of DLC 2 to be the hardest part to be honest. While I can't confirm this, seeing as the DLCs are done for me, gee gee.

Oh yeah? 

Seeing as the section was so short I didnt even bother learning it properly. Just applied some stealth and rushed the commander at the end. 

2 minutes ago, KANERKB said:

only places that need help in my time of it is only the parts where you ride the robo dog, the parts after hitler as stealth from what I see and do in this game is broken I mean the box I hide behind to see what is happening still gets me seen by the super solider and that is what f ed up my run a lot along with mostly the whole final part of that level once your done with him and the final fight as I can't seem to find a good place to take cover or hide  to make a run for the ladder out of there.

I know fool-proof methods for both parts if you want some help mate.

1 minute ago, EphemeralEcho said:

Oh yeah? 

Seeing as the section was so short I didnt even bother learning it properly. Just applied some stealth and rushed the commander at the end. 

Didn't take much learning, maybe I was being too careful, but I had the level down easy as hell, apart from rushing at the final 30 seconds or so. Took me ages to do that final part, the rest of the level was easy.

2 minutes ago, Cobby said:

Didn't take much learning, maybe I was being too careful, but I had the level down easy as hell, apart from rushing at the final 30 seconds or so. Took me ages to do that final part, the rest of the level was easy.

Hey, you can never be too careful doing Mein leben. My first 3 runs of the main game thought me that!

5 minutes ago, EphemeralEcho said:

Oh yeah? 

yeah let me know how as the court room is nothing to me now adays thanks to the best way I found in it. who knew hiding under where the 100hp pack is would make none of the enemies try to throw bombs and or flush you out with that and they mostly come from only one way. and once the sound goes off move slowly to the mini gun and let rip on the big guy in front of you and wait for the last one to come around and boom make a mad dash for the door that should be open and pick up all the armour and ammo you can and get to the top and stay on the left side and yeah jump on the table and kill the dog that cames and peek behind the small metal door frame you came into and take out anyone who comes..

Edited by KANERKB

1 minute ago, Cobby said:

I have no more want to do the main game, because of the start being unskippable :( Maybe one day... 

It's not the start that got me frustrated, it was the 2nd cutscene where Caroline dies and the amount of consistent downtime there was like during Roswell, Venus and Mesquite (Pre-Courthouse)

yeah let me know how as the court room is nothing to me now adays thanks to the best way I found in it. who knew hiding under where the 100hp pack is would make none of the enemies try to throw bombs and or flush you out with that and they mostly come from only one way. and once the sound goes off move slowly to the mini gun and let rip on the big guy in front of you and wait for the last one to come around and boom.

That method works, yes. But it takes over 20 Minutes. I know a method that is 95% reliable and makes the entire section go under 9 minutes. If you want to know of course.

Taking advantage of a glitch so less people will start bitching about a difficulty they will rage quit and break their televisions over.

Since both Wolfenstein: The New Order (unpatched) and The Old Blood had a glitch for only beating the last chapter on I Am Death Incarnate, I'm not too surprised.

1 minute ago, EphemeralEcho said:

It's not the start that got me frustrated, it was the 2nd cutscene where Caroline dies and the amount of consistent downtime there was like during Roswell, Venus and Mesquite (Pre-Courthouse)

That method works, yes. But it takes over 20 Minutes. I know a method that is 95% reliable and makes the entire section go under 9 minutes. If you want to know of course.

na, I rather go for that slower way as it is much, much more reliable for me.

2 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Taking advantage of a glitch so less people will start bitching about a difficulty they will rage quit and break their televisions over.

Since both Wolfenstein: The New Order (unpatched) and The Old Blood had a glitch for only beating the last chapter on I Am Death Incarnate, I'm not too surprised.

I didn't use the glitch myself. But I got the idea whilst running it so I tried it on a side account and it worked. 

W: The New Order and OId Blood are both a joke compared to W2: The New Colossus.

Ûber difficulty is equal to 1/3 of the damage taken in IADI in W2. 

na, I rather go for that slower way as it is much, much more reliable for me.

I'd happily show you if you want tho, just let me know

1 minute ago, Spaz said:

yeah and what makes it funny is that they make a somewhat too far unfair mode to kill all people who try to play it like a normal wolfenstein game and trophy hunt it and all because they are lazy and don't want to fix their own glitches.

yeah and what makes it funny is that they make a somewhat too far unfair mode to kill all people who try to play it like a normal wolfenstein game and trophy hunt it and all because they are lazy and don't want to fix their own glitches.

Wolfenstein 2 isn't a normal Wolfenstein game if you play at IADI. It becomes a puzzle game with stealth and timing. Barely a run-and-gun shooter anymore.

Just now, EphemeralEcho said:

I didn't use the glitch myself. But I got the idea whilst running it so I tried it on a side account and it worked. 

W: The New Order and OId Blood are both a joke compared to W2: The New Colossus.

Ûber difficulty is equal to 1/3 of the damage taken in IADI in W2. 

Obviously, look at the difference in the trophy percentages. Wolfenstein 2 is still a sub 1 percent platinum.

I wouldn't say this game isn't hard, because the idea of getting so far into your playthrough only to die and start all over is enough to get people to rage quit.

The glitch I want is to skip those in-game cutscenes.

Just now, EphemeralEcho said:

Wolfenstein 2 isn't a normal Wolfenstein game if you play at IADI. It becomes a puzzle game with stealth and timing. Barely a run-and-gun shooter anymore.

I know, just think that is the wrong way to make a wolfenstein game as it is like turning Doom into a cod like game, it does not match at all, I mean if you play return to caslte wolfenstein on I am death/ uber you will die in seconds but it was more fair, and you had a lot of fun too.

2 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Obviously, look at the difference in the trophy percentages. Wolfenstein 2 is still a sub 1 percent platinum.

I wouldn't say this game isn't hard, because the idea of getting so far into your playthrough only to die and start all over is enough to get people to rage quit.

The glitch I want is to skip those in-game cutscenes.

Such a glitch will never happen sadly. I know a bunch of skips for the game but none skip cutscenes