Telltale Games Discussion about pre orders

MRTheChez

Hello Gamers!

I was thinking about Telltale games and the news they are going to close their doors for good. That is terrible. 

However, I was looking up their games which are pre orders or yet to be announced. And I found something worth sharing. (perhaps.)

https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/1043252010999410689/photo/1

They tell us that the small group of 25 men (or woman, don't get me wrong) are obligated to finish what they started.

According to that this means that "The Walking Dead : Final Season" will be finished after all. At least, that's what my feelings tell me.

However they have other games I believe that will not see the sunlight at all.

The games:

Stranded Deep (pre order PS4 available, no further information found yet)

The Wolf Among Us : Season 2 https://telltale.com/series/the-wolf-among-us-season-2/

What is your opinion? (If not allowed please lock this thread)

They are just publishing Stranded Deep and the developers of it confirmed they will do all they can to make sure it ends up released on consoles, so still possible. 

https://www.twitter.com/BeamTeamGames/status/1043388008962162688

I hope so. Looks promising.

Also, most are saying the 25 will be working on something else.

Edited by Spyro
  • Like 2

They have a Netflix contract (I believe) which doesn't cover TWD.

Stranded Deep the 2 man dev team are gonna try get it published elsewhere.. or maybe self publish (though I doubt they can afford it)

TWaU I'm pretty sure is confirmed dead at this point ...

• Like 2

It has already been confirmed that TWD S4 is dead in the water and the Skeleton crew are only there until they finish TWD S4 EP2 and the Minecraft Series for Netflix, then all 25 people will be out of a job :(. Give it a couple of weeks and all the pre-orders for their other announced games will be pulled from the various store fronts and refunds issued.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

It has already been confirmed that TWD S4 is dead in the water and the Skeleton crew are only there until they finish TWD S4 EP2 and the Minecraft Series for Netflix, then all 25 people will be out of a job :(. Give it a couple of weeks and all the pre-orders for their other announced games will be pulled from the various store fronts and refunds issued.

1 hour ago, DoucetDudes said:

It's been confirmed that it's for the Netflix thing. TWD S4 is dead.

This hasn't actually been confirmed yet, but it's looking pretty likely.

Edited by madbuk
  • Like 1

All evidence points to it being cancelled but I'm still not convinced to be honest. 

Melissa did an interview with PlayStation Access before the season launched, and she definitely gave the impression that she'd already finished recording (I seem to remember her talking about the ending). She may be going off all the tweets about it being cancelled. 

These tweets come from now ex-employee. It definitely appears that everyone who was working on the game has been fired - and on reddit one of them says episode 3 was almost done but not in a sellable state and episode 4 still needed a lot of work - which looks bleak, but not wanting to sound harsh, but these guys don't work there nlany more so aren't going to be privy to Telltale's future plans. They know that THEY aren't making the game anymore, and while it would be a logical assumption that that means it's been cancelled, it isn't confirmed anywhere. I really don't want to sound cold, but all the former employees saying it is dead basically know as much as we do about what is coming next. 

Then there is the fact that it's still on sale. This is the huge one for me. Telltale have said they'll make an announcement in coming weeks. The Twitter sources are saying it is already cancelled. If the decision has been made already, and they've decided to not tell people for a few weeks while they actively sell the full season still, knowing they won't deliver the product they are selling, that is beyond shady. FWIW, in another thread here somebody posted a transcript from Sony support where they asked about a refund, and the Sony dude said that Telltale are telling Sony the full season will still release at the moment (but that could easily fall under Telltale deciding not to announce what's going on for a few weeks) 

I reckon that right now Telltale are still trying to work out if a few members of their skeleton staff - who it seems aren't from the actual TWD team - can finish off whatever is left and get it out, half-assed or not. 

We're 100% not getting it from the original team, and epsidoes 3 and 4 getting canned is still by far the most likely outcome as far as I can see, but we may well get a "f***it, that'll do" version of the last few episodes. 

21 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

While true, the voice actor for Clementine is already expressing regrets that they won't finish the final season. My guess is, if she's not working, then it isn't happening.

She said she isn't aware of what will happen. She may get called back in, she may not, she has no idea.