A solution for the server shutdown (November, 19th)

GravityQueeen

I feel devastated because Ubisoft is shutting down the online servers for Just Dance 2014 and ESPECIALLY 2015.

The trophy "I want it all!", the only one I'm missing in JD 2015, requires you to unlock all in-game avatars and mash-ups. The thing is: there are 6 avatars unlocked by participating in online tournaments (World Dance Floor), you get 1 each month you play, so far I have 3, I needed the online running until December for that; and also there are 6 monthly mash-ups ONLY unlockable at their respective months, from October to March. They are:

October: Bad Romance

November: Addicted To You

December: Ain't No Mountain High Enough

January: You Spin Me Round

February: Macarena

March: Fatima

But I will fight back! I do deserve my platinum after working on it everyday during three months. Reached max online level 5000 (also known as Elite) on Sunday, September 23th, and unlocked the avatar tied to that, I have about 600 hours of dancing in the World Dance Floor. I know others in the same situation. 

The solution?

Delaying JD 2015 server shutdown to March 2019

Because the last unlockable would be available in March next year, which is the Fatima mash-up, a delay on the server shutdown will give players the opportunity to complete their collection of songs, avatars and, of course, trophies. Note that this suggestion is the best option if you need more time to get to online level 5000 (Elite).

OR

A patch allowing players to buy via Mojo the Tournament Avatars and Monthly Mash-ups 

If Ubisoft cannot maintain JD 2015 servers, they should at least release a patch making the tournament avatars and monthly mash-ups available for purchase with Mojo, the in-game currency. 

Just Help!

Please help me suggesting this delay or update to Ubisoft by writing a Support Ticket on the Ubisoft Support page of JD 2015. You don't need to own the game for that; to make the "I want it all!" trophy and thus the platinum obtainable again, even though for a short period of time, to help me and other just dancers who gave their best at it and are so close to the 100% you just need to log in with your Uplay account and suggest the above patch/update or delay on the shutdown, you can write the support ticket with your own words or use some of mine, just do it!

Thankyou for writing a support ticket:

@Spyro  @HailHale81 @dipshut @AmazingNoeder @DotziProtzi @NightRusticDawn 

Thankyou @AJ_-_808 for suggesting me to do an online petition. Just did it!

I already contacted them, sent 2 e-mails (support tickets), got 1 answered by Ubi BR and I'm currently waiting a response from Ubi US. 

Useful links:

Sign in the online petition: https://www.change.org/p/ubisoft-delaying-the-server-shutdown-of-just-dance-2015-to-march-2019?recruiter=6632350&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition&utm_term=share_petition

Log in with your Uplay account to suggest the shutdown delay or update/patch: https://support.ubi.com/en-US

Source of shutdown from Ubisoft: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1241617-Online-Services-Update-Masterlist-Forums

I would appreciate any sort of help. If you are with me, please don't give up, we shouldn't give up! Lets make them hear us.

GravityQueeen.png

Edited by GravityQueeen
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, HailHale81 said:

I don't have the game but I'm trying for them to get JDTV to work on the 2014 version before it shuts down so I'll be more than happy to make that suggestion while on there for ya

Yeah, sadly JD TV doesnt work properly. Trying to figure it out myself as well. 

Thanks for supporting my cause. One e-mail might make the difference.

9 minutes ago, gruffiiti said:

@GravityQueeen I’d for sure help if I had the game.

Everyone with Uplay account can send an e-mail via Ubisoft Support page, the link is on my original post. Just suggest the patch I mentioned, that is, if you really wanna help. Get creative, guys! Say its for you cousin, daughter, friend, I dont know. Thanks anyway.

I updated my original post to make things more clear, especially about how can people help by suggesting an update for JD 2015.

Some notes:

1- I know at least 6 players in the same situation as mine, but they don't use psnprofiles. I think that if they were here or in the forums in general my cause would look much better. Guys like AmazingNoeder and dipshut. The others I'd better not mention because they haven't answered me yet, even though a patch/update would benefit them as well.  

2- Thinking of making a wall or list of guys that wanted to help and wrote a support ticket to Ubisoft and incorporate them into the original post.

3- Also thinking in new ways of interacting with Ubisoft. I know dipshut is contacting them via Twitter, that's something.

4- The tittle of my current post needs change and I'm thinking of it, because I know the patch I'm suggesting isn't a fix at all for the server shutdown; it is rather a fix to make the trophy "I want it all!" and the platinum obtainable again until the servers close.

That's it for now.

PS: It's so unfair... How could one predict TWO server shutdowns at the same time? 2015 shutdown wasn't preceded by 2014's, what feels unnatural, especially having such insane requirements for unlocking the platinum in 2015. 

GravityQueeen.png

11 minutes ago, GravityQueeen said:

I don't need advices on what games should I buy or not.

Sure, just don't feel "devastated" when they close 2016, 2017 and 2018 next year :)

Oh and sorry: you "don't need advices on how you should feel or not"

Edited by EdinhoN

I will also try and help and contact Ubisoft Support, better then doing nothing.

Yearly releases has nothing to do with completion rates, well all types of games can be closed down.

Just look at Telltale this month or Playstation All Star Royale.

I need to give JD games a try in the future, maybe I should wait for 2019 then : )

• Like 1

I got a response from Ubisoft Brazil, wich I will translate here:

"Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Customer Support.

Thank you very much for your opinion. We thank you immensely for the passion you have for our games.

I'll be directing this to the right people for review. Thanks for your time, and I hope you enjoy the game!

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,
His name."

I hope that "I'll be directing this to the right people for review" is really happening, that it means something. And I mean, if they are indeed adressing my suggestion to anybody in charge, who knows?, the more the better.  

I'm still waiting for a response from US; that one is taking so long.

In the meanwhile, why not take a closer look at the crown we @AmazingNoeder @dipshut @DotziProtzi are fighting for: 

1L4700e5.png

• Like 1

I got contacted by the Us support team but they just give automated responses about changing stuff with router and the best one i saw was my screen resolution haha. They're acting like their stuff works fine yet no one can get on the JDTV and just want to blame us and our setup, Very frustrating but hope you get 2015 worked out for ya. 2014 seems to be a bust sadly

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HailHale81 said:

I got contacted by the Us support team but they just give automated responses about changing stuff with router and the best one i saw was my screen resolution haha. They're acting like their stuff works fine yet no one can get on the JDTV and just want to blame us and our setup, Very frustrating but hope you get 2015 worked out for ya. 2014 seems to be a bust sadly

In my post on JD 2014 NA I pasted what network ports (UDP, TCP) Ubisoft says we have to have open. You probably received the same response, but check it out just in case. I contacted my internet provider and they might be able to help me soon. Other solution would be trying to reconfigure my router settings, and see if I can open those damn ports. Im working on it.

About JD 2015, I know we are mostly getting automated responses, even though I wish to keep trying, slowly and without one person spaming e-mails. I do appreciate your support. 

On 9/27/2018 at 9:49 AM, GravityQueeen said:

If you really need to help me with your advices, now about how Im suppose to feel or not, you could try sending a personal message instead next time.

It's hard to want to support your cause when you come back with a snarky reply to @EdinhoN, who was just giving you a heads up about these kind of games because odds are, this may become an issue for you (and others) again in the future

On 9/27/2018 at 0:09 PM, Dark said:

Good advice, so hows the culling 2 working out for ya?

Comparing culling 2, a game that failed miserably at launch and i think holds the record for quickest shut down, to just dance or any other annual title is apples and oranges 

Edited by AJ_-_808

I don't know exactly what JDTV is as I haven't played a Just Dance game since 2 or 3, but I'll assume it is some kind of feature where you upload your own performances to the community.

If it is not working, opening ports up won't make a difference. Those kinds of upload features always get broken for old games, there is hardly any exception which has been fixed, from EA to Ubi and even Modnation Racers recently.

I don't know if my advice is valuable or not but if you'll contact them (which I personally find a great loss of time), you'll have to make them recognize it's their fault somehow (because it is and they will always tell it's your connection acting up).

• Like 1