A solution for the server shutdown (November, 19th)

GravityQueeen

5 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Comparing culling 2, a game that failed miserably at launch and i think holds the record for quickest shut down, to just dance or any other annual title is apples and oranges 

It was a random selection on his profile, had a lot to choose from. I think my point was pretty clear that he isn’t in any position to recommend what type of game people should play when he has pretty much every kind on his profile. If it’s intentional, he didn’t have to come across like he did. Telling people what they should and shouldn’t be playing clearly isn’t what this thread was intended for.

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments @AJ_-_808 and @EdinhoN

I totally understand what you mean AJ, I do recognize that I wasnt cool to EdinhoN, but I got upset with his "heads up" about yearly games, Im fully aware of that. There were no signs of server closure, especially because even JD 2014 was ok, when it comes to JD servers its not like Fifa or PES. Well, I thought  he was mocking me. And maybe its hard to support my cause when you dont play Just Dance, that might be it. 

Exactly. Thats how JD TV works. The feature never works for anybody despite region or platform, Im sure its their fault. I liked the idea of beeing more "aggressive" with them, making Ubi realize JD TV in 2014 doesnt work because its broken... BUT, I "know" (actually she never answered me and is unacessible) a Brazilian girl who once had the same problem, later she got the trophy and wrote at playstationtrophies.org: "I got it, it was a connection issue". Didnt leave any clue, but I think she must have done something, maybe opening those ports. I know that if I figure this out, man!, Im gonna make it public, that trophy "I like it!" will have a bunch of new achievers.

Edit: thanks for your comment as well @Dark   As you just said, lets try and keep "on the rails" of this thread about Just Dance, and trying to make "I want it all!" achievable again. Despite the difficulty of what Im trying to do. 

Edited by GravityQueeen
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dark said:

It was a random selection on his profile, had a lot to choose from. I think my point was pretty clear that he isn’t in any position to recommend what type of game people should play when he has pretty much every kind on his profile. If it’s intentional, he didn’t have to come across like he did. Telling people what they should and shouldn’t be playing clearly isn’t what this thread was intended for.

I read, and reread his post, and honestly, I'm not seeing it as some sort of attack or even telling people what to play.  I just see it as a warning that if you care about %100 completion, these annual games suck because they tend to get there servers shut down sooner than others.

Maybe he should have included something about focusing on them immediately because the server status isnt reliable.

21 minutes ago, GravityQueeen said:

Thanks for the comments @AJ_-_808 and @EdinhoN

I totally understand what you mean AJ, I do recognize that I wasnt cool to EdinhoN, but I got upset with his "heads up" about yearly games, Im fully aware of that. There were no signs of server closure, especially because even JD 2014 was ok, when it comes to JD servers its not like Fifa or PES. Well, I thought  he was mocking me. And maybe its hard to support my cause when you dont play Just Dance, that might be it. 

Nah, it's more like "why help someone that's being sassy/snarky/bitchy (im sorry, I dont know what word to use there, dont take it as an insult) when there was no real need for it.  

Like you said, there were no signs of server closure for JD, but I bet people said the same thing when fifa et al servers started dropping.  It sucks, and it's why a lot of people despise online trophies

If I can make a suggestion, if your guys' idea doesn't work, you could also try petitioning them to extend the server life a few months.  There have been some cases where they delay the shutdown if enough people ask

Edited by AJ_-_808
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AJ_-_808 said:

If I can make a suggestion, if your guys' idea doesn't work, you could also try petitioning them to extend the server life a few months.  There have been some cases where they delay the shutdown if enough people ask

Thats a great suggestion. We need the servers running until March, the last unlockable will be available in March 2019. Well, you helped!

Im gonna research about how to make an online petition. 

Delay! Delay!

Edit: I'm still counting on people to write a support ticket asking for a patch or even a delay on the shutdown. Different Uplay accounts asking the same thing might help, you know? Everything you need is on my original post. Thanks Lol

Edited by GravityQueeen

Quick follow up @GravityQueeen

I thought I read somewhere that a patch costs like $10,000 (used to be more for ps3 I think), so a patch might not be feasible.  I'm sure a 3-6 month extension on the server would be much cheaper.

If you get a petition going, come back and put it on this site and others for people to sign (much less effort involved, so it might help tackle the "I dont own this game so I dont care" mentality some people might have)

Put it on Facebook too if you can. It's not just trophy hunters affected by the shutdown, it's anyone that enjoys playing it online period.  I wouldnt be surprised if theres a just dance Facebook group.  Best of luck

Edited by AJ_-_808
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

I thought I read somewhere that a patch costs like $10,000 (used to be more for ps3 I think), so a patch might not be feasible.  I'm sure a 3-6 month extension on the server would be much cheaper.

Belive i read somewhere on this site that the cost has been reduced to 0$. But then again you’ve got the cost for the company (work hours). As an example No Man’s Sky has had patch 1.50, 1.51...1.61 or 1.62, after theire new expantion (like once a week or so). Don’t think it’s anywhere near 10k$ nowadays.

Here we go! 

I created an online petition on change.org: 

Delaying the server shutdown of Just Dance 2015 to March 2019https://www.change.org/p/ubisoft-delaying-the-server-shutdown-of-just-dance-2015-to-march-2019?recruiter=6632350&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition&utm_term=share_petition

Now its easier asking people to help xD  You just need to put your name (or a fake one, ID or whatever) and an e-mail address. That's it. Lets start signing it!

I will keep working on this post, maybe change the title or start another one as "Online Petition..."

PS.: In case you haven't noticed, I changed my psnprofiles picture! That green haired "Summer" girl is my avatar in the game, I love dancing her song and, damn, I forgot to say that I love Just Dance 2015! HAHA

Edited by GravityQueeen

4 hours ago, dipshut said:

All conversations with support are reduced to only one. "And you tried to restart the console?"

Duh, because you think Sony is better? I had an issue with my PS3 (or probably Story-related, i don't remember) and they told me to format a PS4. There's that problem with the Download queue and PS3/Vita content, they wrote they were investigating, then lied about it being fixed months ago (it's still happening). They hide the old transactins in Transactions history and don't even want to show them to you anymore (meanwhile other digital stores like Steam still show old transactions up to 10+ years ago)

• 1 month later...