Leo_the_Lion25

Studios will attempt to save The Final Season

56 posts in this topic

i didn't think this be true. it feels like marvel heroes omega all over again (lots of people lost jobs). this is a nice statement maybe they can finish up the game.

Edited by kingdrake2
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish they'd just give us a definitive answer one way or the other. This maybe crap is bull.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

I wish they'd just give us a definitive answer one way or the other. This maybe crap is bull.

In the situation they’re in they can’t exactly give definitive answers, I don’t think you realize how messy this closure was. I hope this to be true though.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

In the situation they’re in they can’t exactly give definitive answers, I don’t think you realize how messy this closure was. I hope this to be true though.

 

They could give definitive answers. They could say "Definitively, we are not finishing it. Someone may save it later but as of now it's not happening." 

 

I know that sounds like the same thing they're saying, but one would entitle people to a refund and the way they're wording it doesn't. It's a tactic to drag their feet a little longer and nothing more.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is kinda a worst case scenario. now instead of the game being dead and contacting Sony for a refund. Sony can just point to vague statements like this and say hey, they said it's gonna be finished, no need for a refund. This season is never going to be completed and all this is doing is giving fans false hope, while holding their money hostage.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

 

They could give definitive answers. They could say "Definitively, we are not finishing it. Someone may save it later but as of now it's not happening." 

 

I know that sounds like the same thing they're saying, but one would entitle people to a refund and the way they're wording it doesn't. It's a tactic to drag their feet a little longer and nothing more.

Do you know any of the logistics going on behind the scenes? No? Then dont assume they can give a definitive answer yet.  They're letting people know that they're making the attempt to save it instead of keeping quiet while everyone keeps asking the same questions.

 

They update people as they go along, they get blamed for not having solid info yet.

They wait until they have solid info, they get blamed for not keeping the communities updated.

 

Damned if you do, damned if you dont

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully the potential partners show enough interest to make it all the way to the end of the season.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to know one simple thing definitively - and I don't think it to be asking all that much, all things considered:

 

A simple answer as to the current completion % of Episode 3 and Episode 4. Are they 10% finished? 60%? 90+%...?

 

It *sounds* like it's in the realm of 50-60% done, if I had to wager a guess here. I'd assume the VA side of things is done - it has to be at this point. Since they should be 85-99% done with one and two months before they'd been scheduled to see release, I'd actually be quite curious what work remains to be finished here: Surely some bitter now ex employee has the answer to this, and what all went down around this. Altho Trump's favorite little tool of NDAs might be what stops such information from coming out anytime soon.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Do you know any of the logistics going on behind the scenes? No? Then dont assume they can give a definitive answer yet.  They're letting people know that they're making the attempt to save it instead of keeping quiet while everyone keeps asking the same questions.

 

They update people as they go along, they get blamed for not having solid info yet.

They wait until they have solid info, they get blamed for not keeping the communities updated.

 

Damned if you do, damned if you dont

 

Did you even read my posts? Lol. They definitively know that they aren't finishing it. Someone else might finish it but they themselves 100% are not. But instead of just saying that, they hem and haw and beat around the bush, drag their feet a bit and purposely make it even more unbearable for the people that are waiting. It's bullshit.

 

Why not just say it's over and then have it be a pleasant surprise for everybody when someone else finishes it? Cause people would be eligible for refunds that way and we can't have that can we?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw the season pass still sold on ps store. Im surprised Sony havent pulled this scam. I guess Sony is a potential backing up the release of 3 and 4?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope they give all of their ex-employees their due severance pay first.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another studio won't just pay for the creation of the ending without expecting to profit from it. It will be interesting to see how another company would do that. Just get the future income the series gets? DLCs? New games?

 

 

11 minutes ago, Death_Ninja said:

Hope they give all of their ex-employees their due severance pay first.

 

They had plenty of time to find a new job, and they knew what they went into.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

I saw the season pass still sold on ps store. Im surprised Sony havent pulled this scam. I guess Sony is a potential backing up the release of 3 and 4?

I can't find it anymore, it seems they removed it with the store update today. I'm able to download Episode 2 through the actual game, though. Not sure how that works since it has to connect to the store to download. 

 

Edit: It's been officially pulled from stores for now

Should have done it sooner but at least no more unaware consumers will purchase a product that might not get finished.

Edited by Jay_Cash
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read today that the entire team for TWD was let go. Apparently all they care about finishing is their mine craft game 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Another studio won't just pay for the creation of the ending without expecting to profit from it. It will be interesting to see how another company would do that. Just get the future income the series gets? DLCs? New games?

 

I assumed this was just a veiled gesture to try and get the license cheap to make their own Walking Dead games. They aren't actually interested in finishing the final season, it's doomed to lose money like all TellTale projects. But I don't have any idea how that licensing stuff works, so I could be totally wrong.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KingGuy420 said:

 

Did you even read my posts? Lol. They definitively know that they aren't finishing it. Someone else might finish it but they themselves 100% are not. But instead of just saying that, they hem and haw and beat around the bush, drag their feet a bit and purposely make it even more unbearable for the people that are waiting. It's bullshit.

 

Why not just say it's over and then have it be a pleasant surprise for everybody when someone else finishes it? Cause people would be eligible for refunds that way and we can't have that can we?

Did you read it? They didn't say they themselves aren't finishing it. They said they're in talks with potential partners to finish it. That could very easily, and most likely, mean someone will fund the remainder. You assume it's a developer trying to buy the code (not even sure that's possible without being a massive licensing issue)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

 

I assumed this was just a veiled gesture to try and get the license cheap to make their own Walking Dead games. They aren't actually interested in finishing the final season, it's doomed to lose money like all TellTale projects. But I don't have any idea how that licensing stuff works, so I could be totally wrong.

 

There was another TWD game, which wasn't by TTG, so I assume TTG doesn't own the license, but maybe they own the characters they've made etc.

 

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1889-the-walking-dead-survival-instinct

Edited by MMDE
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we have a big thread about the subject without creating new ones? I swear, every time there's an update, someone creates a new thread.

 

MOOOOOOOOOOODS

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think they should just sell the script to a company who can finish it. maybe if they can legally just sell the whole series. i'm sure there's a company who would love the income from it. never know, the future games might be better quality if this happened. i feel like a company might like the chance at doing stranger things and the wolf among us 2, and those companies might could hire the employees who lost their job.

 

 

but alas the world world doesn't usually work out this nicely.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Did you read it? They didn't say they themselves aren't finishing it. They said they're in talks with potential partners to finish it. That could very easily, and most likely, mean someone will fund the remainder. You assume it's a developer trying to buy the code (not even sure that's possible without being a massive licensing issue)

 

They confirmed that the entire Walking Dead team was let go and that the people that remained where there to work on a show for Netflix. So unless ghosts in the office are going to finish it, it surely means that they are not finishing it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.