Studios will attempt to save The Final Season

Its really is a great shame that that there will be no more telltale games I really enjoy these, a nice mix of watching a film and gaming at the same time kind of thing.  The walking dead next to the batmans and tales from the borderlands have to be my personal faveourites.  What will be an even bigger shame is if Clem doesn't get an ending and final closure for this epic series.

We need closure too!

9 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

That's like saying I shouldn't want my 30$ back because there's broke homeless people living on the streets... Or I shouldn't spend my 30$ at McDonalds because there's starving kids in Africa. I got my own problems, I can't dance around other peoples.

This is a false equivalence, and you and everyone who recommended this post should be ashamed.

14 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

Watch. I don't have to look up laws. We'll see when it all comes to pass. If episodes 3 and 4 don't come out I guarantee Sony will issue refunds. When that day comes, I'll make sure to inbox you. Even if they're not forced too, they'll do it just to avoid the PR shit storm. I don't have to prove anything cause time will do it for me lol. 

I hope they do, but it's not because of any legality.

18 minutes ago, Batmannequin said:

It is Sony that owes the refund, though, as they're the ones that sold it. If you bought a physical game from Amazon that didn't work you'd go to Amazon not the game developer. 

And whether you played half the game is irrelevant - it was sold as a complete season, not on an episode by episode basis. From the consumer rights act, which is legally binding :

The Consumer Rights Act defines digital content as ‘data which are produced and supplied in digital form’. 

This means you have rights in relation to anything you download or stream, including apps, ebooks, films, games or music.

Digital content must be:

• Of satisfactory quality
  • Fit for a particular purpose
  • As described by the seller.

Note the last one: it was described on the store as 4 episodes. If only two are delivered then legally a refund is owed (to use Amazon as an example again, if a game crashed and stopped working halfway through, you wouldn't send it back and ask for half your money back) - they broke from their previous business model for this game, where you could buy things an episode at a time (and if they had kept to that refunds would not be owed on the individual episodes) - by explicitly describing the product as 4 episodes, the full amount must be refunded if four episodes aren't released. 

Release dates for those episodes weren't in the product description though, tellingly: there is nothing to stop Telltale from not cancelling the game, constantly saying they are working on the episodes, and not releasing anything, preventing refunds from being a legal requirement. 

I'm not going to pollute this thread further, but I don't think Amazon is the same thing as Sony. Amazon is a store that buys retail items from companies, and sells them at a profit. But Sony's store, as far as I know, is just a display for companies themselves to sell their wares. Sony might charge a rent  for it, but I think TellTale gets the profit.

Since KingGuy is from Canada, perhaps the Consumer Rights Act is meaningful in that regard, but that is UK law, not USA law. Certainly, no one in the US would be entitled to refunds because of that law.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

I'm not going to pollute this thread further

I agree with this sentiment. I just wanted to make a comment or two on the subject.... 20 or so posts later, I never want to talk about it again =/ 

The sooner I realize that debate resolves nothing, the better off I'll be lol.

It's Sony that you pay your money too, though - on your bank/card statement it shows as a payment to Sony/ PS Store, so that's where the refund would have to come from. If the payment was credited to Telltale games, that would be another matter. 

*Edit* All of which is irrelevant unless Telltale actually Admit that the last two episodes aren't coming, of course... Most likely outcome IMO is that they'll keep saying that they are "exploring ways to bring the episodes to release in the most timely manner possible, and they thank us for our understanding and patience" or words to that effect, while never actually bringing the darn thing out. If there's no official cancellation, and they act like it's still coming, there are no refunds from anyone at all, haha. 

Edited by Batmannequin
Adding to the post

6 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

You have every right to complain about the fact that TellTale owes you half a product (I'm not sure what that guy was on about "reprioritizing your hobby"), but I don't see a world where you would be given a full refund. If you do get it, congrats, but I wouldn't expect it.

It was a very simple statement, what's not to be sure about? Sure, ask for a refund if it gets canceled, but people are so upset and up in arms over less than $20 (remember, half the episodes were delivered).  Sorry, but the people that lost their jobs have a bigger problem than your $20.  Yes it sucks, but shit happens, and if you can't afford to lose a 20, then maybe you need to be worried about other things than gaming is all that meant 

Edit

Btw @KingGuy420, I actually do agree with you. You're absolutely entitled to a refund (from Sony probably) if they end up canceling.  Was just saying people are jumping the gun and assuming the worst

Edited by AJ_-_808
Triple posted