Importing japanese vita

Property_Damage

You can never westernize Vita-tan because she's always Japanese :awesome: 

Yes, of course. You can set the language of your system in settings. Just like you can set NA/EU Vita to Japanese :awesome:

However, from what I know, you can't change the correct layout of the buttons, so you will have to confirm (Vita system only) with :circle: .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cobby said:

but when you boot up games the controls are however they usually are.

Usually. Depends on the game and sometimes they use the system default. When Red Dead Redemption came out, some of the minigames were unplayable in some regions because hitting :cross: would both confirm and cancel (took them like 9 months to fix it, too).

1 hour ago, det_gittes said:

I hope the OP won't mind if I ask a (somewhat) related question here: what would be a reasonable (price-wise) place to order a Japanese Vita from?

I got mine in April from eBay which cost £150, I'm not sure if it was more expensive because I got a pink slim one but that was the average price. Depending on the Vita you want it can range from £80-£250 but I would say Amazon or eBay is the best bet

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

Why do you want one?

Just in case you don't know, you won't be able to use it to play Japanese digital-only games on your profile.

I am not sure if the question is directed at me or the OP but I'm considering getting a spare Vita in case my old one stops working and for all I know the new ones are only still manufactured in Japan. Also, knowing that their production will be discontinued, this maybe a good time to get one. Since I got my first Vita second-hand, I wouldn't mind going for a brand new one this time.

2 hours ago, det_gittes said:

I hope the OP won't mind if I ask a (somewhat) related question here: what would be a reasonable (price-wise) place to order a Japanese Vita from?

I got mine in June from Amazon JP (they take sales tax off if your address is not in Japan) for the White Minecraft version (comes with white Vita, physical copy of Minecraft and a pouch) for 17,000 Yen (~US$150), that was the best price I could find at a big-name site.  You can change language to English in Amazon JP too so you don't have to blindly navigate.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, det_gittes said:

Also do count with VAT that comes with importing Vita :( 

So if someone suggests 100, it will be something like 120 :/

9 hours ago, Divecomb said:

Afaik Asia Version PlayStation Consoles O and X buttons are incorrect.

3rd edit of one post 469875287992172545.png?v=1

And no, they are very correct.

They are the proper ones :awesome: