SirShavesALot

Exotique

25 posts in this topic

I know it's not many, but how have people unlocked Exotique (get 10 Forsaken exotics) already?  The drop rate on them is extremely low and then the odds of getting a new one are even lower.  I have 4 new exotics so far since the expansion released, two are from exotic quests and the other two are Warlock armor and Lord of Wolves.  I have had two other exotics drop but they are ones that I could just go into my collection and purchase.  I know Xur isn't selling any new exotics now, but hopefully he will in the future to make this trophy somewhat manageable.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RNG. I've found 0 Forsaken exotics as the only one I have is Ace of Spades (chaperone quest hasn't popped up either) and I have probably put around 80 hours into the expansion.

 

So if I have one and you have four, it's likely there's some really lucky people out there with ten, especially if they play 3 characters. 

Edited by IDiivil
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i got 7 with only 1 character, so i you play with 3, i am not surprised you already got the trophy for 10.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's all RNG. I browse the reddit a lot and there's tons of people with 100+ hours and not a single ones. I have 3, two quest ones and sixth coyote.

 

This trophy could take 1,000+ hours if you go for it before they put the exotics in Xur's inventory. 

 

My recommendation is dont worry about this trophy at all and just wait until Xur has the Forsaken exotics. 

Edited by aZombieDictator
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aZombieDictator said:

My recommendation is d6ont worry about this trophy at all and just wait until Xur has the Forsaken exotics. 

 

That is one recommendation I am definitely going to listen to.  ☺️

Edited by SirShavesALot
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of curiosity do Forsaken Exotic duplicates count? I was wondering if going thru Forsaken on my other character's was worth it to get 2 exotics per character from the quests?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess is duplicates will not count. There is a collections badge that counts Forsaken exotics. When you’ve unlocked 10 in the collections inventory, the trophy will pop. 

 

Besides Ace of Spades, I’ve had 1 to drop (Fox), and I play daily. As others are, I’m waiting for Xûr...

 

The Seal trophy will take forever. The difficulty to pop that trophy is underestimated. For the Destinations Seal, you have to get the strike-specific loot to drop, and despite blowing out the bonuses on Nightfalls countless times, no one in my clan (97 members/I’m Founder) has ever gotten strike-specific loot to drop. 

 

So I’m thinking Gambit is the best way to go. You do have to complete the collections badge for Gambit, however. And that will require resetting your rank twice in Season 4. You will also have to unlock all of the subclasses to complete their associated Gambit Triumphs. 

 

I agree with aZombieDictator. Without hyperbole, completing the D2 Forsaken trophies could easily take 1000+ hours depending on your RNG. 

Edited by bigrake1
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, bigrake1 said:

My guess is duplicates will not count. There is a collections badge that counts Forsaken exotics. When you’ve unlocked 10 in the collections inventory, the trophy will pop. 

 

Besides Ace of Spades, I’ve had 1 to drop (Fox), and I play daily. As others are, I’m waiting for Xûr...

 

The Seal trophy will take forever. The difficulty to pop that trophy is underestimated. For the Destinations Seal, you have to get the strike-specific loot to drop, and despite blowing out the bonuses on Nightfalls countless times, no one in my clan (97 members/I’m Founder) has ever gotten strike-specific loot to drop. 

 

So I’m thinking Gambit is the best way to go. You do have to complete the collections badge for Gambit, however. And that will require resetting your rank twice in Season 4. You will also have to unlock all of the subclasses to complete their associated Gambit Triumphs. 

 

I agree with aZombieDictator. Without hyperbole, completing the D2 Forsaken trophies could easily take 1000+ hours depending on your RNG. 

It makes me really sad how crazy the trophies are, 100%ing Destiny and getting all exotics is tradition for me. But with this expansion it might not happen.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have 6 exotics so far playing on 2 characters but indeed it is all up to RNG.  As far as the triumph seal trophy, I think the Dreaming City seal will be easiest, just a matter of waiting for stuff there to be unlocked.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, stupid0089 said:

I have 6 exotics so far playing on 2 characters but indeed it is all up to RNG.  As far as the triumph seal trophy, I think the Dreaming City seal will be easiest, just a matter of waiting for stuff there to be unlocked.

 

What’s annoying about the Dreaming City is the bones. They appear in ascendant challenges and there’s 6 of them that rotate weekly. I do think it’ll be the easiest one though, just need to see the 2 secret ones and the secret weapons. It does require you to beat the shadowed throne too, where enemies go up to 590 at the end.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, stupid0089 said:

I have 6 exotics so far playing on 2 characters but indeed it is all up to RNG.  As far as the triumph seal trophy, I think the Dreaming City seal will be easiest, just a matter of waiting for stuff there to be unlocked.

Lucky bastard, the biggest reason I play destiny is for exotics but I'll never see the new ones... and I wanna know what the secret triumphs for the dreaming city are before i even attempt the seal.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have 3 characters and have been playing pretty much every day since launch. I have had 2 exotics from quests and also got lord of wolves and a new titan chest exotic. I have had plenty of exotics but they have all been dupes from year 1.

 

The chance of recieving a new forsaken exotic is minimal and it is annoying. Every time I get an exotic it is all but guaranteed to be something I already have, looks like xur is the only way most people are going to get this trophy but I doubt he will sell any of them untill the next DLC is released.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dark said:

 

What’s annoying about the Dreaming City is the bones. They appear in ascendant challenges and there’s 6 of them that rotate weekly. I do think it’ll be the easiest one though, just need to see the 2 secret ones and the secret weapons. It does require you to beat the shadowed throne too, where enemies go up to 590 at the end.

What are these bones you speak of, I don't think I have that triumph unlocked yet?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, stupid0089 said:

What are these bones you speak of, I don't think I have that triumph unlocked yet?

 

On the dreaming city seal it’s the one on the bottom right of the first page.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This grind for exotics is wearing really thin at this point.  I checked my conversation history with a friend on PSN and the last non-quest exotic that I got was 3 weeks ago.  I am sitting at 8 Forsaken exotics and it doesn't look like that number is moving any time soon.  The dupe protection also doesn't seem to be working very well.  Was in a gambit match with another friend last night and they saw an exotic drop.  They were all excited with the patch saying ones you don't have will carry more weight.  He received a Graviton Lance... something already in his collection.  😑

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, so far I have one Forsaken exotic drop (not counting quest rewards) out of 35+ exotic drops over the 200 hours I've put into the game since the expansion.

 

At this point I'm pretty much just waiting for them to add more exotics obtainable via quests.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I second this discussion. I also only have 1 Forsaken drop after countless hours. (I play daily.)

 

The argument for scarcity goes sort of like this: Make things extremely rare and players will continue to grind until they acquire their sought-after drops. However, I’ve found this determinism is overly optimistic. Again, I believe they’ve built the economy partly on a romanticized view of player behavior. While I continue to grind, the majority of my 100 player clan has tapped out, finding the scarcity of rewards unfulfilling. More and more, I’m finding fewer players logging on.

 

Since the Year 2 exotics are fairly underwhelming, I find their rarity unjustified. I can see why, for instance, a game-changing drop like the Norfleet in Borderlands 2 is so rare, but the Two-Tailed Fox in D2?

 

Also, after the patch, I did get an exotic to drop in the Well, but it was a Year 1 exotic I already had. 

Edited by bigrake1
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got my 10th in a Gambit match.  Another friend of mine said he god one in Gambit as well Shaves.  Best of luck with the emphasis on luck.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm at 7 now. I've played every day since Forsaken launch. Only 2 RNG exotics (both shitty armors), 5 quest ones.

 

The RNG on exotics is absolutely insane. It took me 4 weeks to get one exotic drop, which was a foetracer...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 1:16 AM, aZombieDictator said:

I'm at 7 now. I've played every day since Forsaken launch. Only 2 RNG exotics (both shitty armors), 5 quest ones.

 

The RNG on exotics is absolutely insane. It took me 4 weeks to get one exotic drop, which was a foetracer...

Just out of curiosity, how many characters are you doing powerful drops on?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stupid0089 said:

Just out of curiosity, how many characters are you doing powerful drops on?

Just one. I'm not doing 3 character, too much time and I would definitely get burned out. I feel burned out with one character and getting no drops ever.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

Just one. I'm not doing 3 character, too much time and I would definitely get burned out. I feel burned out with one character and getting no drops ever.

O believe me I feel you on the burned out...was just wondering as you would have a better chance if you had all 3, I'm sure there actually isn't but...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, stupid0089 said:

O believe me I feel you on the burned out...was just wondering as you would have a better chance if you had all 3, I'm sure there actually isn't but...

Theres definitely is, but with how low the drop rates are it would hardly make a difference. 

 

Also just got black talon after a month of no exotics! Got it from Kalli.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i believe xur will start having forsaken exotics in a couple weeks or so. i read somewhere that they weren't going to do any for the first few weeks of the new content drop, but that implies they will be adding them shortly soon after, so dont stress yourselves out going for these... i'm not

Edited by dansomekid
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve read he wont sell any until the next dlc is released 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.