Hi, I'm ResoluteRock!

ResoluteRock

7 minutes ago, BlueDragonRR said:

Welcome to the forums, ResoluteRock.

A nice starting line up you have. What kind of genres are you interested in playing? Are you trying to get some recommendations to figure that out?

I'm fine with almost any genre, excluding sports games. I've never enjoyed sports games, I always wanted to go play the sport myself instead of play a video game about the sport :P

I would get familiar with the Naughty Dog games first, so All the Uncharted games (start with #1) and The Last of Us. I'd say play them on PS4 for better performance. After that, try all of the Ratchet and Clank games on PS3 and PS4, though, skip all for one and Full Frontal Assault as those are the weakest in the series.

I would also say Shadow of the Colossus remake on PS4. It's very different gameplay wise, but it's fantastic. The story is great and mysterious and the ending will make you want to play it again.

Lastly, I would also highly recommend the below PS2 games on PS4. 

Ape Escape 2

Dark Cloud 1 & 2

Rogue Galaxy

All the Jak and Daxter games

That's all I got (I'm sure I left out plenty)! Enjoy the forums and welcome to the PlayStation!

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the feedback!

@ERGOPROXY-DECAY I do plan on getting into the Naruto games eventually. Pretty sure it's a sin to not have played them but have a Rock Lee avatar :P

@heartoftheocean I'll definitely look out for Horizon and Detroit! I've heard great things about both and I'll pick them up if I ever see them on sale!

@kidson2004 Thank you :D

@Beyondthegrave07 I'm interested in trying out the Uncharted series, and I've always heard great things about the Last of Us so I'll give them both a shot. Never played any PS2 games so I'll make sure to check out all of those and see which ones I enjoy. Thanks for all the recommendations! :)

• Like 1

Wow, what fun and adventure await you, I'm almost jealous of all the excitement you have in store. You certainly started with a strong series lol

My recommendations would be:

- Assassin's Creed series

- Hitman series

- Okami

- Tales of series (Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Xillia etc.)

- Dragon Quest series

- Bioshock

- Yakuza series

- Dark Souls series, and similar titles like Nioh, also Bloodborne

- Red Dead Redemption

- Far Cry series isn't bad either

- Final Fantasy perhaps

- Resident Evil 7

- Uncharted series

- Devil May Cry series?

- Honorable mentions to Dragon's Dogma, Catherine, Sexy Brutale, Alien Isolation, Dead Space, Borderlands, Atelier series, Crash Bandicoot Trilogy, No Man's Sky (much improved since launch), and Shovel Knight.

You honestly have two such huge libraries available to you, listing all the greatest games would take too much space lol Edit: And don't forget The Witcher 3!

Edited by Asvinia
  • Like 1

¡Hola! Welcome to the PSNP community.

Good luck on your future trophy hunting endeavors. Having both a PS3 and PS4 at this time will surely provide you with lots and lots of excellent games to play on their respective libraries. As for games to recommend, well... Don't really have much to add other than the ones they have already recommended to you. Asvinia's post is definitely a good place to start if you are looking for variety alongside some of the most mainstream titles.

Also.... Okami <---- That's definitely one you should play before you die, I wholeheartedly recommend that game to you. If you like Zelda-type Adventure games with lots of Japanese folklore, then look no further.

Hope you have a great time around here! :)

• Like 1

If planning to plat Fallout 3 watchout the several buggy areas, trophies that don´t pop... AND MANUAL SAFE CONSTANTLY Advices from a friend :)

Welcome to the site from another rook?. Other game you have to take a look is Fallout New Vegas. If you like F3, you will love this one (once again, careful with some bugs, but still awesome game).

And yea, definetly the Witcher 3 ( GOTY edition is 20 € on Amazon).