How to unlock the "Locked-in" trophy?

Ecco_G59

Hello!

I just won a game in the mode player control (my last before "promotion") but it didn't show up and I still have that game left to win to be promoted, what happened? 

Is the trophy buggy or? I wouldn't be surprised.  Could someone please tell me how to unlock it if i'm doing it wrong? 

Thanks!

• 10 months later...
On 9/26/2018 at 10:21 AM, Vnddd0 said:

Hello!

I just won a game in the mode player control (my last before "promotion") but it didn't show up and I still have that game left to win to be promoted, what happened? 

Is the trophy buggy or? I wouldn't be surprised.  Could someone please tell me how to unlock it if i'm doing it wrong? 

Thanks!

Same thing happened to me.  Can someone help here?  It was a Tier 2 matchup and the only one left for promotion.  The game results with a Win are in my history of played games but as far as the season, it is like the game never happened.  Wtf.

@Vnddd0 , did you ever figure it out?

Anyone?  

On 8/8/2019 at 11:29 PM, djb5f said:

Same thing happened to me.  Can someone help here?  It was a Tier 2 matchup and the only one left for promotion.  The game results with a Win are in my history of played games but as far as the season, it is like the game never happened.  Wtf.

@Vnddd0 , did you ever figure it out?

Anyone?  

It has happened 3 times now where I won a player control game in the tier I need and it will not count, and I have tried in two different divisions.

2K for you.  No wonder why the rarity is so low.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow sorry dude, didn't saw your question, my bad!

Well to be honest I was in the same spot as you can deduce, I tried in various divisions, getting the last win in different tier each time until it finally worked...Very buggy stuff, couldn't help you more than this, just keep trying if you're still on it.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I came back to this and rightfully earned it two more times tonight.  Playing and winning as a Tier 2 player for my final win needed for advancement.  Like before, the game counts as a win in results but no appropriate tier win given.  It counts as a game played.

This trophy is still bugged.  I have met the requirements 5 different times in 3 different divisions.  Really bad luck or maybe it is globally glitched as no one has earned it since October 2019.  Disappointing.

On 19/04/2020 at 3:06 AM, djb5f said:

I came back to this and rightfully earned it two more times tonight.  Playing and winning as a Tier 2 player for my final win needed for advancement.  Like before, the game counts as a win in results but no appropriate tier win given.  It counts as a game played.

This trophy is still bugged.  I have met the requirements 5 different times in 3 different divisions.  Really bad luck or maybe it is globally glitched as no one has earned it since October 2019.  Disappointing.

A guy named DooMReaperAX told me it bugged to him as well in several divisions, and that he got the trophy when he gets back to div 10. Maybe we need to do this trophy in div 10, getting promoted to div 9 on tier 1, as you can see in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpbIXOd7M3I

By the way, this video had 6 players instead of 10, maybe 2k patched the game and make the trophy to bug.

• 1 month later...

I just did Locked In trophy!

How I made it: I won the division 10 title. I won the 2 first games (Gold and Silver tiers) in 1x1 mode and the last (Bronze tier) in the 5x5.

The first time I tried, I left Gold tier as last one, but all my wins didn't count - it's a bug that happens if any other guy from your team uses lower-tier players, so let Bronze tier in Div 10 as the last to the trophy!

Good luck :)

By the way: literally ALL players left the match but me. the last one quit missing 20 seconds to end the match. so people quitting is not a problem.

• Like 1

Thank you my man.  Your encouragement gave me the push to try one last time and I finally got it.  I had to deliberately tanked games to get back to Div 10, then I won games on Tier 2 and Tier 1 1v1, then it took 3 games to get the win in 5v5, but it unlocked.

Sixth successful attempt at passing the requirements and it finally popped!!  I know I’ve needed a Tier 3 win as my last win before and it did not unlock, not sure why it did this time, maybe being in Div 10 is key or maybe it is more random when it works or not.  

But technically by your theory, it should unlock no matter what if your last game you are a Tier 3 player needing a Tier 3 win but that has not been true for me.  At any rate, nice to have it done! ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, djb5f said:

Thank you my man.  Your encouragement gave me the push to try one last time and I finally got it.  I had to deliberately tanked games to get back to Div 10, then I won games on Tier 2 and Tier 1 1v1, then it took 3 games to get the win in 5v5, but it unlocked.

Sixth successful attempt at passing the requirements and it finally popped!!  I know I’ve needed a Tier 3 win as my last win before and it did not unlock, not sure why it did this time, maybe being in Div 10 is key or maybe it is more random when it works or not.  

But technically by your theory, it should unlock no matter what if your last game you are a Tier 3 player needing a Tier 3 win but that has not been true for me.  At any rate, nice to have it done! 1f44d.png

Not only that: I think you need to do this in div 10! The usage of tier 3 is just because when you play as Tier 1 or Tier 2 and there is a teammate using a tier 3, the win didn't count, so it's safe to use a tier 3 as last match, but what is important is that you need to do that in div 10, getting promoted to div 9.