Question About The Retail Version of N. Sane Trilogy

xblindsidebeatx

1 hour ago, SwampGas said:

So far the two bonus levels (Crash Bandicoot 1 & Crash Bandicoot 3) - Are Free.

I know but i avoid digital if there's a physical out there, even if it means i have to pay much more.

2 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

Can you provide a link to the retail version with 2 bonus levels included that you're talking about? The 2 bonus levels are already free downloads and I can't find a separate PS4 version of the game that has them pre-installed.

I've seen this cover in various sites.

20180821094910_crash_bandicoot_n_sane_tr

1 hour ago, xblindsidebeatx said:

I know but i avoid digital if there's a physical out there, even if it means i have to pay much more.

I'm pretty sure you still need to download them, and it's just a changed cover.

See here where it says: "Download and play the Stormy Ascent Level!"

And here where it says "Stormy Ascent is now available for download as part of the Crash BandicootTM N. Sane Trilogy collection"

Those are just two random sites I searched where they had the new cover. Should say on the back of it if you go pick it up at a store, but I can't find any images of the back cover from a quick google. They probably exist somewhere though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xblindsidebeatx said:

Don't know any english site for it but there's a german games-db where the rerelease is listed:

https://ogdb.eu/index.php?section=compilation&compid=5272

And there it states that the disc is on patch level 1.04 and already includes the both levels on disc. A translation:

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=https%3A%2F%2Fogdb.eu%2Findex.php%3Fsection%3Dcompilation%26compid%3D5272&edit-text=

Don't know if the saves are compatible as I don't know if two different SKUs (the new one has CUSA-11870, the old one CUSA-07399) result into different games (savegame-wise) or not.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Don't know if the saves are compatible as I don't know if two different SKUs (the new one has CUSA-11870, the old one CUSA-07399) result into different games (savegame-wise) or not.

Ah, this was the key information needed. Yes, different CUSA codes means that saves won't be compatible. Sorry OP.

• Like 1

Things are a bit blurry with this release since we also have a videogames store that has 2 versions of it, one of them is called Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy 2.0 but in the description says that it will just download the 2 extra levels automatically. I dont even know if this cover exists cause i cant find it anywhere.

Yeah i thought they added the latest patch in it (though the difference in size is still big) but after looking at this list, it actually makes sense.

Version 1.06 comes included in every copy of the game released on and after July 29, 2018. Earlier physical copies for the PlayStation 4 (which lack the yellow banner mentioning the two bonus levels) all come with version 1.00, though the game is automatically patched to run on the newest version if your console is connected to the Internet.

Edited by xblindsidebeatx

I've got the bog standard original version and the total size for the patch you have to download after inserting the disc for the first time, only comes to approx 650mb which brings the install up to roughly 24gb so doesn't fully explain why the re-release is approx 6gb larger ?. The DLC downloads themselves, are only profile locked access keys so take up zero space on your hard drive.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.