Playstation Plus October Month List

Kishnabe

I recommend The bridge :)
It was one of my favorite indies when i playe din ps3. The art is beautifully inspired by the work of the artist M. C. Escher, it is very unique and original, I have never seen anything like this in a game again so far.  Give it a try, the puzzles are challenging, you might need a guide for later stages of the game.

Just a heads up with Friday the 13th. If you're new to the game, they recently added dedicated servers to the PS4 and every so often it will randomly kick you out of the lobby. It never used to do that but I think a lot of people will hate on this game when they first try it because of that. It's a really fun game when it works and when people play the game how it was intended to be played. Ever since we got dedicated servers, the game has been very strict when it comes to which region you're from. They unintentionally divided the player base by region. I'm from Australia so I get put into the "F13 Official AU" server and there aren't that many people from my region who play the game. I struggle to find a full lobby so I think people should be aware of this before they play the game. If you're from North America or Europe, you should find enough people to play with. I do know that the player base on console is more active than what it is on PC.

• Like 3

Seeing as I just got the collector's edition of Valkyria Chronicles 4, with Assassin's Creed Odyssey coming next week, Starlink two weeks after that, Red Dead Redemption II a week after that (if I end up getting it day one) and HITMAN 2 two weeks after that, I'm not too sad that I don't like either of the "big" titles. But I do wish that if one of the main PS+ titles is a multiplayer focused game, then the other wouldn't be.

I'm going for The Bridge (which I 100%ed on X360, liked it enough to have recently purchased it on a sale on the Switch) and Rocketbirds 2 (liked the first one on Vita but never finished it due to selling my Vita), so decent month for me.

4 hours ago, BG_painter said:

I recommend The bridge :)
It was one of my favorite indies when i playe din ps3. The art is beautifully inspired by the work of the artist M. C. Escher, it is very unique and original, I have never seen anything like this in a game again so far.  Give it a try, the puzzles are challenging, you might need a guide for later stages of the game.

Personally I wouldn't call it one of my favourites, but it's definitely a very decent puzzle game that stands apart from others.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

This is actually a solid lineup for me as there are three games I'm interested i
The Bridge

Rocketbirds 2 (enjoyed the first one but never bothered with the multiplayer)

2064: Read Only Memories

"Sadly" I already own 2064 as my LRG-copy just arrived but that doesn't bother me that much. :) Don't care the other games, though. :dunno: 

17 hours ago, AvengedEvil said:

I'm happy with 2064. Was thinking about buying this game for a while. The rest is pretty much BS in my opinion. At least is looks like Master Reboot can be completed within a few hours.

9 hours ago, Intoner_Zero said:

Oh lol, I'm playing 2064 ROM currently. It's a decent point&click game with VN elements to it. I'd recommend it, esp if you like cyberpunk themes and 80s-90s anime aesthetics.

Prob gonna get Master Reboot and maaaybe The Bridge. Friday The 13th would be a definite get if it wasn't MP focused.

Since you three seem to know a bit about 2064...

I never heard of this game before this thread. Checked a bit online and the trailer doesn't seem half bad. The game has horrible user reviews on metacritic though, but I can't figure out if it is truly a broken, glitchy game or if there are just a lot of people who downvoted it just because they didn't agree with the outspoken political opinions of the devs.

10 minutes ago, Spawn said:

Since you three seem to know a bit about 2064...

I never heard of this game before this thread. Checked a bit online and the trailer doesn't seem half bad. The game has horrible user reviews on metacritic though, but I can't figure out if it is truly a broken, glitchy game or if there are just a lot of people who downvoted it just because they didn't agree with the outspoken political opinions of the devs.

Personally I assume it's the latter one seeing that there are news-articles regarding a lower metacritic-score thanks to the devs saying "fuck off alt-rights". 

Can't say much about 2064 as I only know tiny bits and pieces about it. I only knew about it as there a collaboration between 2064 and VA11 HALL-A where characters of one game appear in the other one. Both games highly focus on the interaction between humans (and other beings) with different cultural backgrounds, social standings and sexualities but there's barely any gameplay and you mostly just read the rather long dialogs. Personally I would say you could give it a try but playing it on the PS4 might be a bit uncomfortable. But if it catches your interest you could also grab the Switch-version which released a month ago.

5 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Personally I assume it's the latter one seeing that there are news-articles regarding a lower metacritic-score thanks to the devs saying "fuck off alt-rights". 

Can't say much about 2064 as I only know tiny bits and pieces about it. I only knew about it as there a collaboration between 2064 and VA11 HALL-A where characters of one game appear in the other one. Both games highly focus on the interaction between humans (and other beings) with different cultural backgrounds, social standings and sexualities but there's barely any gameplay and you mostly just read the rather long dialogs. Personally I would say you could give it a try but playing it on the PS4 might be a bit uncomfortable. But if it catches your interest you could also grab the Switch-version which released a month ago.

Thanks for the info. Hadn't seen those news stories. I just noticed the Switch version, indeed, and it seems to have more content than the other versions too (bigger/new side quests and such), so I may indeed just give it a go through PS+ and then Switch switch to the Switch version.

8 hours ago, GonzoWARgasm said:

If you were considering Master Reboot as a cheaky free platinum, think again! There is a trophy for completing the whole game in WELSH. What?! 

Isn't as bad as it sounds. You can play the entire game in English, and then change the language after beating it and replay the final section.

I actually quite liked Master Reboot and its spiritual(?) sequel, Soul Axiom. Perfect October games, too. Though I feel I should mention the duck trophy glitched on me, so you may want to make a backup save before picking up the final one. 

Wow! Who would have thought that Vita would have the best lineup?

Really enjoyed 2064 and Rocketbirds will be a good addition. Already have The Bridge and Master Reboot looks OK.  PS4 choices are real weak with more MP only whatever.  Not my cup of tea.