Playstation Plus October Month List

Kishnabe

2 hours ago, Spawn said:

I never heard of this game before this thread. Checked a bit online and the trailer doesn't seem half bad. The game has horrible user reviews on metacritic though, but I can't figure out if it is truly a broken, glitchy game or if there are just a lot of people who downvoted it just because they didn't agree with the outspoken political opinions of the devs.

You shouldn't care about reviews, especially on Metacritic =D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

You shouldn't care about reviews, especially on Metacritic =D

Just now, starcrunch061 said:

User reviews, certainly. Professional reviews still have a place.

True, true, especially now that people have discovered vote-bombing. Combined with the low completion percentage for this game (when it looks to be something that should be pretty easy), I was unsure though.

I'm all for trying out a game, even if it has mediocre/negative reviews, as long as it's not a glitchy mess. If that means another trophy list I'll never complete, so be it.

I've realised professional reviews aren't always to be trusted either. Like with Gone Home, which reviewers ate up because of its story background, while I found it to be a very dull game.

I like Metacritic overall though because it's usually good at giving a consensus. Figure out your own opinion, true, but no harm in doing a little research. I often read the blurbs to see if the opinions are something I should be swayed by at all.

4 minutes ago, Intoner_Zero said:

@Spawn I don't know anything about the dev controversy, not going to look into it as politics don't interest me.

The game runs fine, haven't experienced any crashes and the trophies so far have popped without any problems. If you are interested in 2064, I'd say go for it!

Also, the music in this game is great~

Long story short, they literally told Trump voters to "f*ck off". http://newnormative.com/2017/04/21/2064-rom-devs-punished-politics-metacritic/

7 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Long story short, they literally told Trump voters to "f*ck off". http://newnormative.com/2017/04/21/2064-rom-devs-punished-politics-metacritic/

With it being a part of PS+, Sony ostensibly assumes the political disposition of everyone with PS+ or the developers behind 2064 ROM lack integrity. Those developers were adamant that they didn’t want Trump voters buying their game. By subscribing to PS+, many just did.

In my opinion, it would be a reasonable request to ask for a full or partial month subscription refund to enable at least partial purchase of an alternative game.  Not honoring such a request would be akin to Sony also saying, “Fuck off.”

39 minutes ago, DrEvilGuapo said:

With it being a part of PS+, Sony ostensibly assumes the political disposition of everyone with PS+ or the developers behind 2064 ROM lack integrity. Those developers were adamant that they didn’t want Trump voters buying their game. By subscribing to PS+, many just did.

In my opinion, it would be a reasonable request to ask for a full or partial month subscription refund to enable at least partial purchase of an alternative game.  Not honoring such a request would be akin to Sony also saying, “Fuck off.”

Actually, judging from the link above, they said they didn't want you playing their game. You can buy it all you want.

1 minute ago, starcrunch061 said:

Actually, judging from the link above, they said they didn't want you playing their game. You can buy it all you want.

Touché. Then again, I wouldn’t trust them to be precise with their wording given their inability to capitalize proper nouns or utilize correct spelling and punctuation.

1 minute ago, starcrunch061 said:

I'm just happy you didn't flip out at my remark. People have been so touchy here lately! :D

It’s sad to me that people even have to be concerned about such things. Open dialogue and respecting another’s point of view, regardless of how severe it may depart from your own, is a cornerstone of civilized societies.  Seeing the erosion of that basic tenet troubles me deeply. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

Isn't as bad as it sounds. You can play the entire game in English, and then change the language after beating it and replay the final section.

I actually quite liked Master Reboot and its spiritual(?) sequel, Soul Axiom. Perfect October games, too. Though I feel I should mention the duck trophy glitched on me, so you may want to make a backup save before picking up the final one. 

You have halfway sold me on this.

Should I give it a go? Doesn't look like any of the games I have played on my account...

Understanding that the IGC is only one facet of PS+ membership, I still thought it a worthwhile exercise to see how many titles made available through PS+ I already owned versus how many I’ve actually played from the IGC. 

What I found was that I’ve already owned 22 titles (no benefit) versus 18 titles played (realized benefit). 

To date, the IGC has not really provided me value.  I do love the quality online service and cloud saves, however. 

1 hour ago, GonzoWARgasm said:

You have halfway sold me on this.

Should I give it a go? Doesn't look like any of the games I have played on my account...

I would say yes. I mean, it'll be free, so not a lot to lose. It's also pretty short. Like, 4-6 hours is the estimated Platinum time. But if it doesn't appeal to you, then might be better to spend those 4-6 hours playing something that does. :dunno: I liked it, but don't know if you will. 

17 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

If they aren't reviewing Japanese games :awesome: 

I can agree with that. I just don't understand why they get people who don't a like a certain genre to review games in that genre.

I fully understand that people have tired of Dynasty Warrior games. But there are still enough people that like them that you can find one person to give a review in that regard. These antics make it so that when people legitimately pan a Japanese game, everyone just says, "Meh - Western reporter." 

I love me some Japan, but there's a lot of shit out there.