Playstation Plus October Month List

Kishnabe

On 27/09/2018 at 3:52 PM, Intoner_Zero said:

@Spawn I don't know anything about the dev controversy, not going to look into it as politics don't interest me.

The game runs fine, haven't experienced any crashes and the trophies so far have popped without any problems. If you are interested in 2064, I'd say go for it!

Also, the music in this game is great~

Thanks for that. Good to know it's not actually glitched/bad, but that it's indeed vote-bombing by people with a different political view.

23 hours ago, DrEvilGuapo said:

It’s sad to me that people even have to be concerned about such things. Open dialogue and respecting another’s point of view, regardless of how severe it may depart from your own, is a cornerstone of civilized societies.  Seeing the erosion of that basic tenet troubles me deeply. 

Well, wrong. Not only has every 'civilised' society in the history of man looked down on people with different beliefs, we still continue to do so based on religion, race, sexual orientation and other factors. Secondly, we might be more open-minded these days, but Trump and his administration are so openly racist and sexist you can't seriously say you respect their point of view, and to many non-Americans it's baffling that this all is even happening.

Note that I'm not defending how the devs talked, but I certainly won't hold it against anyone to hate Trump, especially people who are non-white and/or from the LGBT+ community.

Just to have a clearer view, I decided to check what happened on the day the devs decided to make a stand against Trump. Apparently that was the day he decided to put out an executive order to ban any and all muslims from entering the USA. And that's just one of many decisions Trump and his administration have made that you can't honestly defend with "keep an open mind" because it's specifically racist against people who are not the same as Trump.

20 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

If they aren't reviewing Japanese games :awesome: 

I don't think I've ever seen as much reviewer hate as I did in the Kotaku review of Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Now that I'm 1/4 to 1/3 through the game myself, I can actually see that some of the criticisms are valid, but it's a great game nonetheless.

2 hours ago, Spawn said:

Well, wrong. Not only has every 'civilised' society in the history of man looked down on people with different beliefs, we still continue to do so based on religion, race, sexual orientation and other factors. Secondly, we might be more open-minded these days, but Trump and his administration are so openly racist and sexist you can't seriously say you respect their point of view, and to many non-Americans it's baffling that this all is even happening.

It baffles quite a few of us Americans too.

On 9/28/2018 at 3:03 PM, starcrunch061 said:

I can agree with that. I just don't understand why they get people who don't a like a certain genre to review games in that genre.

Thing about professional reviews is, that it's not a pick and choose situation (unless you're doing your own thing). It's the same deal with news stories and articles when you work for a news outlet, you cover what you're told to.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

On 10/2/2018 at 7:28 AM, voodoo_eyes said:

Thing about professional reviews is, that it's not a pick and choose situation (unless you're doing your own thing). It's the same deal with news stories and articles when you work for a news outlet, you cover what you're told to.

And usually, websites like IGN get people to give out low reviews for indie games and give out high reviews for games that are seen as trash. 

Take it for what it is, but I’ve stopped taking IGN and Gamespot seriously a long time ago. Sure, these reviewers work for these companies and they have assignments that they have to cover. But this doesn’t mean someone like me should have to listen to them. 

Every review is biased. I look at some personal reviews to have fanboyism, praising the hell out of games that they love to play. But we need to decide for ourselves what games we want to play, not make our decision from some moron at IGN who doesn’t know what he’s talking about. 

Trust me, there’s a lot of them there.