Warhawk Shutting Down - UPDATED: New Date January 31 2019

POEman553

1 minute ago, Nemesis_WM said:

Source? There’s nothing in the PS Store or the status page...

I found the description in the US store, but is not there for ITA store.

Anyway this vid proofs the end of the game (min 0:20)

4 minutes ago, Frozen_Guardian said:

The players can host the server...how would it shut down?

in the description is said that only LAN will be possible.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Frozen_Guardian said:

The players can host the server...how would it shut down?

The server farm is just a bunch of ps3s, i assume theyre just gonna retire those systems so its a 50/50 chance the game will always be achieveable(albiet with a higher chance of disconnections) but theres always the chance one of those ps3s has a custom firmware(not that kind of cfw youre thinking of, more of like a devkit firmware) that is the main system. Hopefully the worst case scenario is those ps3s end up in a dumpster and warhawk fans can still foot the server space with thier own ps3s.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

Oh it’s in the bundle one, the standard version doesn’t have this message yet.

I didn’t had any major problems when I was boosting this, thanks to @VirtualNight tips. Anyone going for this should start NOW.

Edited by Nemesis_WM
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Max_Playne said:

So let me get this straight: after oct. 25th will i be able to win anything (or even plat) this game? I literally got a copy of the game two days ago after convincing myself these past couple years, after i saw that this was one of those games that doesnt have its own servers or whatever.

Not sure. I don't think so. Based on the store description, it sounds like you won't be able to access the servers that stores the profile and game modes. Has anyone been able to earn XP/medals/badges in LAN mode? 

Edited by POEman553

2 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

Not sure. I don't think so. Based on the store description, it sounds like you won't be able to access the servers that stores the profile and game modes. Has anyone been able to earn XP/medals/badges in LAN mode? 

Is impossible with LAN, is where you do not use your online id either, no stats available, and the option to set the room "ranked" (for ranks, medals and badges) is not available.

20 minutes ago, Bullstomp said:

Wtf is it with all these servers closing in October? I mean I get it, they are old games. But why October?

Yh i'm curious as well, twisted Metal will close on the same day, i wonder if there is a list somewhere on internet listing mutiple servers closure for this year, i also checked some games and in good part i found a thread warning about servers shutdown, seems like a lot of games are involved in the following 12 months.

Guys, hold on a second... will the game be playable locally in splitscreen once the servers have shut down?

I mean, i tried starting a game with the router turned off... and Local doesn't work. But with it turned on, it works, and i just created a blank profile without logging in any PSN account. I could even start splitscreen, if you're alone you can still explore the maps. So it only requires a connection to a router to play it? Which means it only needs the PS3 online to work properly? Or will it become like Twisted Metal Black Online on the PS2 (which was unplayable once it was shut down, but was compatible with XLink Kai anyway once the servers were shut down, you could still play online or with bots, which aren't in Warhawk, and then became completely unplayable once they completely shut down the PS2 online). Choosing "Online" obviously require a login to a PSN account, same for Training, but for the latter, i think the login is asked but you can skip it.

I'm just asking about it being still available "for fun" without caring about trophies, unlockable stuff from online (i heard they're just paints and clothes) or whatever.

Edited by Lance_87

42 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Guys, hold on a second... will the game be playable locally in splitscreen once the servers have shut down?

I mean, i tried starting a game with the router turned off... and Local doesn't work. But with it turned on, it works, and i just created a blank profile without logging in any PSN account. I could even start splitscreen, if you're alone you can still explore the maps. So it only requires a connection to a router to play it? Which means it only needs the PS3 online to work properly? Or will it become like Twisted Metal Black Online on the PS2 (which was unplayable once it was shut down, but was compatible with XLink Kai anyway once the servers were shut down, you could still play online or with bots, which aren't in Warhawk, and then became completely unplayable once they completely shut down the PS2 online). Choosing "Online" obviously require a login to a PSN account, same for Training, but for the latter, i think the login is asked but you can skip it.

I'm just asking about it being still available "for fun" without caring about trophies, unlockable stuff from online (i heard they're just paints and clothes) or whatever.

So we may have a MAG/SOCOM Confrontation situation after October 25. 

12 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

So we may have a MAG/SOCOM Confrontation situation after October 25. 

I was just asking, the announcement doesn't say it'll become completely unplayable, it says it'll still work with LAN. But i wonder if LAN in this case really requires other consoles or it still be playable in splitscreen, since it's also a local mode. Playing locally doesn't require a PSN login, but it still requires a connection to something.

Edited by Lance_87