Warhawk Shutting Down - UPDATED: New Date January 31 2019

POEman553

On 9/27/2018 at 5:39 PM, VirtualNight said:

Yh i'm curious as well, twisted Metal will close on the same day, i wonder if there is a list somewhere on internet listing mutiple servers closure for this year, i also checked some games and in good part i found a thread warning about servers shutdown, seems like a lot of games are involved in the following 12 months.

I'm thinking/half-expecting PS3 PSN is going bye-bye right before PS5 drops.

Hoping Warhawk 2 is somehow in the works, such a fun game and it really filled that Star Wars Battlefront gap last gen.

6 minutes ago, Death_Ninja said:

I'm thinking/half-expecting PS3 PSN is going bye-bye right before PS5 drops.

Hoping Warhawk 2 is somehow in the works, such a fun game and it really filled that Star Wars Battlefront gap last gen.

Warhawk 2... i'm still waiting for that Warhawk 2 on the PS1... https://www.unseen64.net/2009/12/13/warhawk-2-psx-cancelled/

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Warhawk 2... i'm still waiting for that Warhawk 2 on the PS1... https://www.unseen64.net/2009/12/13/warhawk-2-psx-cancelled/

Me playing through the first game on PS1! :) 

Feel free to subscribe, I need more subs to get paid money for ads by google again, seriously!

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GastNDorf said:

Not only do we have just a month to finish this, but the servers also crash which makes them anavailable for some time... Was trying to get the DLC trophies but now I can't join the servers at all. And of course those damn trophies can't be earned in local either.

I'm having that issue too. Happened today and yesterday.

Servers seem to be down right now. This usually happens as I've been solo boosting this for almost a month. But they usually come back up. I haven't been able to get on for the past 6 hours. 

Servers are probably overloaded right now with the announcement of the upcoming shutdown. It used to be 10 people playing but now I'm seeing over 200. I'm assuming they have downsized the server since its beginning 11 years ago.

So the smaller server can't handle all the traffic.

7 hours ago, Testosterone said:

Servers seem to be down right now. This usually happens as I've been solo boosting this for almost a month. But they usually come back up. I haven't been able to get on for the past 6 hours. 

Servers are probably overloaded right now with the announcement of the upcoming shutdown. It used to be 10 people playing but now I'm seeing over 200. I'm assuming they have downsized the server since its beginning 11 years ago.

So the smaller server can't handle all the traffic.

Actually from afternoon to night gmt the amount of people before the last days was between 40 and 100. The servers used to stop even before the shutdown announcement at times; the only solution is to wait.

What about stats not registering correctly? I counted exactly how many kills I needed for a weapon, did my kills, and was missing about one game worth of kills after updating my stats countless times... Is there a workaround?

By the way I'm posting this here in the meantime cause I don't really know where to put it, if you have a clan with 10 members would you mind inviting me and appointing me leader so I don't go through the hassle of creating many more psn accounts? Just send me a message over the PSN. Thanks.

Edited by GastNDorf

11 minutes ago, GastNDorf said:

What about stats not registering correctly? I counted exactly how many kills I needed for a weapon, did my kills, and was missing about one game worth of kills after updating my stats countless times... Is there a workaround?

By the way I'm posting this here in the meantime cause I don't really know where to put it, if you have a clan with 10 members would you mind inviting me and appointing me leader so I don't go through the hassle of creating many more psn accounts? Just send me a message over the PSN. Thanks.

The game losing stats has always been there, it's just worse with more people going online. I don't think the glitch ranked room is doing it any favors. 

Edited by POEman553

48 minutes ago, GastNDorf said:

I just wait 5 minutes and it always updates for me. One thing that I see is people are playing in a non ranked match when they think it is ranked.

26 minutes ago, Testosterone said:

I just wait 5 minutes and it always updates for me. One thing that I see is people are playing in a non ranked match when they think it is ranked.

I got that covered, cause it happened the first time around. No big deal cause I was testing for exactly such matter.

Although this time I've done 6 games staying in the exact same lobby, only about 5 counted. At first it was way less, but as I updated again and again it slowly synchronized, not entirely.

Gives me flashbacks of all the worst games I boosted (Far Cry 2, Killzone 2 to name a few...)

Just checked that too, what the hell is with the 15th, hoping that is just a typo when someone updated the page.

EDIT: Yea it must be typo, in the EU store, the Complete Edition says 15th, and the normal edition says the 25th, so its reasonable to believe that the person who updated them missed the 2 and put 1

Edited by TheBritishBaron
  • Like 1

Well time i get this done, basically just need those awards/levels, good thing i now have 4 controllers, i should have enough time to finish it if i don't get lazy xD 

gl to everyone trying to finish this, really wish we were given longer then 1 month and didn't have so many games shutting on same date

On 27/09/2018 at 3:06 AM, VirtualNight said:

With a strong dedicated boost this game is doable in 100 hours minimum mandatory (50 hours required in an aircraft, 25 inside a jeep/tank and 25 as soldier), is still possible to plat this in time if you don't wait the last 4 days.

we can take double time at glitch if you have 2 consoles

1- first you take secondary account on 2nd ps3 to create server glitch
2- main account join a server and take 2nd controllers ( 2 players main account mounted in an aircraft, jeep/tank or soldier) 

if main account created server but it does not work double time with split-screen

sorry i speak bad english

The PSN Store and Sony's website says that Warhawk is shutting down on the 25th. I don't know where people are getting the 15th from. I think they are confusing it with other games that recently had their dates changed to the 15th.

For example:

Playstation All-Stars and Twisted Metal both have conflicting shut down dates. The PSN Store and Sony's website have different dates.

PSN Store: 10/25/18 Shutdown date 

Sony's site: 10/15/18 Shutdown date 

On 27/09/2018 at 2:06 AM, VirtualNight said:

Damn (the info is true, check the game on ps store and you'll find this in the description)... really, this is the only MP i've ever enjoyed a lot, even Black Ops 1 tired me after some years but not warhawk, usually when i was tired of getting trophies for a day i used to jump on this game and have fun despite building a lot of haters for which reason i used alt accs. Some of my friends told me to move on Destiny or Fortnite as an alternative, but Warhawk will never be possible to replace for me. Starhawk was supposed to replace it but it was a failure for Warhawk fans.

And so goodbye, almost 10 years of fun which now seem to be gone quickly,

goodbye, dear companion of nights when i couldn't fall in sleep,

goodbye, unforgottable passion for the warhawk community,

goodbye, funny moments from high rank players over 30 years old that when owned started to open the mic and scream to everyone

I also hoped for a Warhawk 2 but that has never been realised, now i have no real replacement for this game as i like simple mechanic games, which recent MPs haven't anymore.

With a strong dedicated boost this game is doable in 100 hours minimum mandatory (50 hours required in an aircraft, 25 inside a jeep/tank and 25 as soldier), is still possible to plat this in time if you don't wait the last 4 days.

This comment gives me hope.

On 05/10/2018 at 10:10 PM, AlMiGhTyYeezy4 said:

can someone please confirm if the servershutdown is the 25th or the 15th? My friends keep on saying that it will be the 15th but it says the 25th so i dont kow. 

I hope not the 15th. Well, I hope not at all but you know.

I'm so glad that I platinum'd this game a few months back. Also managed to fit in starhawk just before the servers closed. Working nightshifts and spending weekends with my girlfriend (who is supportive and understanding of my trophy hunting, luckily) I managed to plat the game in about 4 months I think. Dedication and multiple turbo controllers were needed (thank god for joe rogan podcasts to keep me sane all those nights!) 

11 minutes ago, BondMan007 said:

Guys...there may be a way we can play Warhawk after the Sony servers go down!

See this reddit post: 

The big question for everyone here will be: Will the profile track the progress and will the trophies unlock?

EDIT: "...the ranking will not work." So the Platinum will be unobtainable after October 25.

Edited by POEman553