Warhawk Shutting Down - UPDATED: New Date January 31 2019

POEman553

18 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

I still don't understand if i'll still be able to start a local game in splitscreen by myself or i'll still need XLink Kai for it.

Well Xlink kai (or other softwares with the same functions) is made so you can simulate a LAN game but instead you connect with people on the internet via a virtual lobby.

The thing is LAN doesn't track stats so you may play the game to your leizure but won't earn any trophy.

But you could still play with yourself yes, and others using Xlink kay.

Edited by GastNDorf

4 hours ago, GastNDorf said:

Well Xlink kai (or other softwares with the same functions) is made so you can simulate a LAN game but instead you connect with people on the internet via a virtual lobby.

The thing is LAN doesn't track stats so you may play the game to your leizure but won't earn any trophy.

But you could still play with yourself yes, and others using Xlink kay.

Yeah, exactly, "to my leizure". Even at the cost of just exploring the maps by myself or play in splitscreen with real people. I just like to see the game "playable" whenever i want. My biggest concern is that i tried to play it fully offline and it doesn't work in local. It has to connect to something... ?

2 hours ago, REM12 said:

Can anyone confirm that server shutdown is 25th October instead 15th or we have to wait and see?

I think it's the 25th. The fact that the GB servers page has a very specific time lends credence to that. I guess we'll find out in a few hours as the day changes from the 14th to the 15th. 

• Like 1

managed to finish Oct 13. took about 160 hrs. could've prob done it in 140ish if i knew what i know now, such as playing 1v7 Hero mode for pretty much everything

i also found a way to AFK the zone stuff, which saved about 10 hrs. so that was neat

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trope Hore said:

managed to finish Oct 13. took about 160 hrs. could've prob done it in 140ish if i knew what i know now, such as playing 1v7 Hero mode for pretty much everything

i also found a way to AFK the zone stuff, which saved about 10 hrs. so that was neat

What is a good map to get cluster bomb kills? They are so slow to do and I don’t have the DLC.

47 minutes ago, Brettyboy888 said:

What is a good map to get cluster bomb kills? They are so slow to do and I don’t have the DLC.

if you dont have the APCs, then you'll want to use this strategy:

Make a glitched rank room on Capture the Flag unbalanced teams, Eucadia-Valley Run map (put the Return Time to max), each ps3 can offer max 4 players from split screen so adjust your max players allowed. This map has an alternative spawning point from your base with 2 jeeps, in this spot the bots will spawn in the same spot over and over again, allowing easy kills. 

you just need to press X and everyone will spawn in close proximity so you dont need to move them or anything. kill them, then just wait for cluster bomb to respawn. hope u got Netflix lol

• Like 1

This is it, I got the platinum for this game I made the mistake to launch for a couple hours about nine years ago, and spending almost a month boosting it. Still, I don't regret it so much.

Thanks for VirtualNight for all the good tips, and the many others who did the same, couldn't have made it without these.

• Like 3

I can't connect either, an instant network error message occurs... unless this is a crash caused by a lot of players the game is definitely gone.

For how much i hate EA, i'd have liked if they would have had taken the servers, they are keeping up those from bfbc1 which has less players than what warhawk has (ops... had ?).

45 minutes ago, Phil said:

The scheduled time was midnight Oct, 25th pst. From what it sounds like, you got an extra couple hours. Not sure why you'd complain about it even if it was 10 hrs early. 11 years and you were......thiiiiiisssssss close. If only you had 20 more minutes.

Ugh

scheduled time was for 8PM BST (British Summer Time) so just under 8 hours

45 minutes ago, Phil said:

The scheduled time was midnight Oct, 25th pst. From what it sounds like, you got an extra couple hours. Not sure why you'd complain about it even if it was 10 hrs early. 11 years and you were......thiiiiiisssssss close. If only you had 20 more minutes.

Ugh

No it wasn't. And it doesn't matter how long the game has been around. It shouldn't be that much of an ask for them to actually stick to the time they announced.

• Like 2