Twisted Metal Servers Shutting Down - January 31, 2019

Nemesis_WM

i couldn't tackle this one in time. needed a 3rd ps3 to boost this one.

game can't activate online without 6 controllers.

still means all of the trophy's not related to online can still be gotten.

Edited by kingdrake2

4 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Itll still work fine offline. Game is 6 years old, how long would you like them to keep (most likely) empty servers going?

Like most other companies are doing would be fine, including EA.

5 minutes ago, Kezzai said:

What does this have to do with online servers on a 6 year old game closing?

Just an inside joke with a few friends really about how fanboys will come up with any excuse to redeem Sony as the ultimate in gaming. 

Im surprised its still has a server for this long, this game server were so shitty and unstable when release, I thought the player based died off instantly. After release I think David immediately quit and gave up on this game. The Twisted Metal guy. Then later, went and made, Drawn to Death....and behold I think the server is going down for that too.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

9 minutes ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Im surprised its still has a server for this long, this game server were so shitty and unstable when release, I thought the player based died off instantly. After release I think David immediately quit and gave up on this game. The Twisted Metal guy. Then later, went and made, Drawn to Death....and behold I think the server is going down for that too.

someday we're going to ask david what did he do and that he caused games to shut down :(. maybe it wasn't his fault entirely.

3 minutes ago, kingdrake2 said:

someday we're going to ask david what did he do and that he caused games to shut down :(. maybe it wasn't his fault entirely.

That be awesome! Im not blaming him for the server shutting down though; 6yrs~ is a long time to keep something up. I just wish he gave a bit more for his game when it was released. I grew up playing all his TM(and loved them), and this TM finally killed it. It was very shallow, I think some of the best characters cars were removed, MP almost didnt work 90%(for me at least). I think I gave up on it immediately for lagging out of matches so much.

33 minutes ago, Empovyle said:

Does anyone know how long the singleplayer takes? Specifically twisted difficulty in order to unlock Warthog for multiplayer? I've never played a TM game before it it means anything.

There is an unlimited ammo glitch that will decrease the difficulty drastically, I don't know how much time it will take tho... To do this glitch you have to play the game unpatched and for this you need a physical version since the digital version is already patched.

2 hours ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Like most other companies are doing would be fine, including EA.

Aren't other companies shutting down ps3 servers too? Crysis for example.

DCUO earlier this year. Sword Coast Legends & Evolve recently shut down dedicated servers. Plenty others 

At a certain point, it's just not cost effective. I think Ubisift, EA, and Activision are probably exceptions to the rule because they still have active playerbases

• Like 1

Like numerous other games, I have this in my backlog but I could never try to focus on it after reading about the glitchy mess the mp was. I am surprised it was up as long as it was considering what a mess it was to play. No way im going to try and get this done in a month, but good luck to those who are

2 hours ago, Empovyle said:

Does anyone know how long the singleplayer takes? Specifically twisted difficulty in order to unlock Warthog for multiplayer? I've never played a TM game before it it means anything.

Well, the game campaign itself is relatively short any way you look at it. I can beat fairly easy in approximately 2 hours, give or take. Now, with Twisted difficulty, and with trying to get Gold in each event, you'll definitely have a lot more trouble as the AI just tares you to shreds. That being said, nothing good ol' Juggernaut can't take care of on most levels. The only ones that are very challenging in my opinion are the 2nd and 3rd boss fights, especially the 3rd one. I almost wanted to smash my screen with my controller at the part where you climb that ramp thingy with all the swinging numchucks and axes. And if that's not bad enough, the boss fight itself. If you've never played any Twisted Metal, I strongly advise you not to play it, as you'll be setting yourself up for disappointment and failure almost certainly. Hopefully this helps. 

And on another side note, Thank God I played this back in February. I literally told myself this game won't last another year, and what do you know, my guess was right on accurate. Honestly, if you haven't started this already, just avoid it, as you'll probably most certainly fail miserably. 

6 minutes ago, TheLakota said:

One of the trophies requires a ranked win per day for 30 days IIRC, so in a word, no...?

Yeah, but that trophy can be cheesed and earned in a few hours with the system clock trick. Take a look at @Potent_Delusions speed.

What I'm mainly wondering, from a few of the comments above, it sounds like you have to unlock things (vehicles, items, etc) in single player for use for multiplayer which may take some time. Is that an accurate statement or am I just reading into things wrong?

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

Yeah, but that trophy can be cheesed and earned in a few hours with the system clock trick. Take a look at @Potent_Delusions speed.

What I'm mainly wondering, from a few of the comments above, it sounds like you have to unlock things (vehicles, items, etc) in single player for use for multiplayer which may take some time. Is that an accurate statement or am I just reading into things wrong?

a) Yeah, you guys are lucky "All sales are final" can be calendar manipulated. If it couldn't, the platinum would already be unobtainable as there's only 29 days left.

b ) You're right. You have to complete the campaign to unlock the Warthog vehicle to get kills with in the MP.

I'll try my best to answer any other questions you may have (memory is hazy though after 3.5yrs).

• Like 2