Twisted Metal Servers Shutting Down - January 31, 2019

Nemesis_WM

I'm really thinking about buying the PSN version and using 2 consoles + a friend to boost this. If I rush through the SP campaign to unlock Warthog, roughly how many hours of playtime will it take to finish 1 person? Using the clock manipulation and not counting if the stats reset.

1 minute ago, Mrhemptastic said:

@Letenko22 would get physical otherwise you won’t be able to abuse unlimited ammo glitch on psn version for twisted difficulty

Thank you, but I'll get both. I'll pick up the physical version later for my collection, but the PSN version is a better deal for boosting now. I just want to know the estimated hours, in case they are too long I won't bother.

@Letenko22 if I’m being honest without physical edition you prob won’t even complete story by the time it shuts down. The Iron Maiden battle is a real bitch on twisted difficulty I really struggled. But that being said if you could do it. you could prob do mp in a weekend or so for each person. You have to do 1 person at a time because serves are crap on saving stats if your not host 

• Like 1

Just now, Mrhemptastic said:

@Letenko22 if I’m being honest without physical edition you prob won’t even complete story by the time it shuts down. The Iron Maiden battle is a real bitch on twisted difficulty I really struggled. But that being said if you could do it. you could prob do mp in a weekend or so for each person. You have to do 1 person at a time because serves are crap on saving stats if your not host 

I see, that is a damn shame. I won't be able to get the physical version before the 17th, so my chances are slim, at best. Oh well, thank your for the head up though.

9 minutes ago, Mrhemptastic said:

@Letenko22 you can speed run through twisted difficulty in about 5-10 hours  with ammo glitch btw. So you could In Theory buy psn version do all vehicles except warthog and when u have physical do twisted difficulty and just finish warthog vehicle.

I could also finish every map/vehicle except for Warthog and leave that as the last on, but I'm not sure if the saves are compatible between each other.

The server still have people but most of them are hackers  (God modes and all that) also a friend of mine had to repeat the 10 wins each map and each mode (I think is like that, I don't remember now, I have done that long ago) well, he had to repeat everything as a HOST that way he got his glitched trophies 

There's a good glitch that is still working for the trophy "all sales are final" which is to win a rank match every day during 30 days  the glitch is to change the PS3 clock forward every 24h, it can be done in 1 day but if you move your ps3 clock and decided to continue another day, you have to keep in mind the last play you did and continue.  It is like that because the server does not keep counting the days, the savedata is the one that keeps that information

5 hours ago, BRAYHAN_X-X-X-6 said:

The server still have people but most of them are hackers  (God modes and all that) 

I've been playing this game for 6 years and the only hacker that actually appeared was called Marik_999, but there was no god mode, since the hacker was killable.

53 minutes ago, HOT_SHOT_79 said:

I've been playing this game for 6 years and the only hacker that actually appeared was called Marik_999, but there was no god mode, since the hacker was killable.

Honestly I don't remember the names (IDs) now since my boost was like a year ago but I remember that my team and I found 5 hackers with unlimited amo and God modes active

1 minute ago, BRAYHAN_X-X-X-6 said:

I found 5 hackers with unlimited amo and God modes active

You mean  players activating shield and earning kill streaks during the game in which your energy meter replenishes, receive 150 megagun bullets and doubles your inventory ammo?

Plus there's no such thing as God mode in this game. there is just good players who play this competitively ever since the game was out.

I just found out about this upcoming shutdown and this sucks. I was really hoping to one day get this done and have the platinum in my collection but lately I'm to busy these days so it looks like this game will end of getting away from me. The worst thing is I know I could earn the platinum if only I had the time but I don't think it can be done in month. I wish they would have given more of a heads up instead of just a single month. I would however like to see a PS4 remaster so I could get a second chance but I doubt that's going to happen. What a shame but that's just the way life is sometimes.   

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HOT_SHOT_79 said:

You mean  players activating shield and earning kill streaks during the game in which your energy meter replenishes, receive 150 megagun bullets and doubles your inventory ammo?

Plus there's no such thing as God mode in this game. there is just good players who play this competitively ever since the game was out.

Hay hombre!  God mode, infinite health, infinite shield...... whatever you want to call it is the same thing, they don't die, I know there are good player but not players that can not die

I mean, you could not die in a match but you won't have a full health for ten mins or may be you can as good player But no a shield for ten mins 

I just started this game about 6 hours ago and I'm already almost done with Twisted difficulty. The only things I have left to do are golding about 3 missions that I messed up on and beating the final one. So if the multiplayer grinding only takes about 3-5 days per person depending on how much time you play daily, and the singleplayer takes about 6-7 hours if you take no breaks and with the infinite ammo glitch, this is definitely a doable platinum as of right now. Don't think you should wait too much longer though.. maybe 1 more week at most.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BRAYHAN_X-X-X-6 said:

Hay hombre!  God mode, infinite health, infinite shield...... whatever you want to call it is the same thing, they don't die, I know there are good player but not players that can not die

I mean, you could not die in a match but you won't have a full health for ten mins or may be you can as good player But no a shield for ten mins 

Hey compa, Like i said there's this thing called "kill streaks" that replenishes your energy meter in which you can use more shield. Plus there was only one hacker of all existence in twisted metal and that's Marik_999 and will you look at that, the hacker also died when the person was active many years ago.

anyone know why i'm getting this error when i try and join multiplayer games:

"Unable to join the game. A network error occured while joining the game"??

i'm able to see lots of games listed but can't join them..

edit: i'm wondering if playing on the digital version would fix this?

Edited by GoodVulture