Twisted Metal Servers Shutting Down - January 31, 2019

Nemesis_WM

18 hours ago, GoodVulture said:

anyone know why i'm getting this error when i try and join multiplayer games:

"Unable to join the game. A network error occured while joining the game"??

i'm able to see lots of games listed but can't join them..

This happens to me a few times when I try to join games that don't exist anymore. The list doesn't auto refresh so any time someone's game ends and they quit to change the PS3 clock or change hosts the game gives that error message to anyone that tries to join. But I don't know why it would give that message for every single game. Are you able to host any?

On 9/26/2018 at 10:43 PM, kingdrake2 said:

someday we're going to ask david what did he do and that he caused games to shut down :(. maybe it wasn't his fault entirely.

heres the deal david jaffe left the game as soon as it was released. he left the company. im pretty sure the game was made with only about 6 people. jaffe was not the programmer but more so the lead man. to be fair after he left he did get sony to put out a few patches to try to fix the game. unfortunately the patches that were put out were mostly for crap nobody asked for. we kept saying please fix the trophies. then the next patch came out and said "we nerfed the homing missles for you" he was basically doing this from his house. he wanted to move on, he got alot of hate from fans. also if you leave a company on their own, and then your trying to call the programmers to fix the game i imagine there is going to be some sort of grudge there and i sure he was fedup. quite simply the game needed more workers, and was by far the worse programmed game i ever played in my entire life. (im one of the few to platinum it) i actually was the unlucky one who got the game on release day so i had custom skins that made me unable to log in. i figured out a way to login which i kept to myself all these years but i bricked 2 ps3 phats by overheating them by playing this game. so i def paid the price to finish this crappy game. maybe ill show the trick someday as i recorded it. it was in no way cheating, it was just a work around to let me log in. see what happened was twisted metal had a website with custom skins, the website was taken down after jaffe left. it was suppose to get a update but never did. sony abandoned it. sony knew people original owners couldnt log in anymore yet they still decided to go ahead and make it digital (shame on them). you can find jaffes blogs on youtube about twisted metal and the patches and stuff. he had online blogs wrote out to. i havent checked in years but im sure they are prob still around. the guy was getting so much hate thrown at him that i doubt hell ever make another twisted metal ever. 

im actually surprised its shutting down because from what i remember is the server is actually the players as the host using their own internet connection. because when the host would leave a game if i recall it would have to find a new host. usually those games remain up. i guess sony just wants to totally shut it down. sony owns the game not jafffe. jaffe just was the lead person at the gaming company that made the game. that gaming company wanted to start making mobile phone games and jaffe didnt which is why he left. sony didnt think TM brought in enough in sales to keep fixing it. the sales sucked because the patches sucked imo. i mean seriously ive played ALOT of games and never seen as many errors as this game

one time my screen name DOUBLED. i have no clue how but i recorded it on a old camera. my screen name was double logged in in a match. and im not talking 2nd controller split screen, im saying there was a actual clone of my screen name that was ME in the match. imagine playing call of duty or battlefield and 2 of you are on the same battlefield on the same account. how the F does that even happen?

a few other bugs i had was i would launch a nuke and my camera angle would get froze sideways. instead of it following the nuke the camera just looked at the side of my vehicle and so the whole screen was sideways (below)

i looked for the name duplicating video, but it seems its been blocked on youtube due to music being played in the background. so maybe ill mute it one day and re upload

• Like 1

hello everyone , I really want to help me out in " all sales are final trophy" you have to win 1 ranked match for 30 days but I did switch the ps3 auto clock and made it 1 day forward . I played I am always the host & I won it counted as a win but when I check my stats it showed me my real time . is this ok ? does it matter ? I have disk version . 

9 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

im actually surprised its shutting down because from what i remember is the server is actually the players as the host using their own internet connection. because when the host would leave a game if i recall it would have to find a new host. usually those games remain up

It has leaderboards though. Im pretty sure those arent saved on everybodys console. Crysis 2 will also shut down next month, although it has host migration

3 minutes ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

So is it recommended to lock up the lobbies with 8 PS3's? Or is 3 PS3 systems just enough to boost without having to worry about randoms?

6 players to start the game, 12 to lock up but recommended 6 since you can start any mode or game type, random for me exit the room or lobby create another one ( DONT COME BACK TO YOUR OLD LOBBY) when you start the match random will not join the match. 

1 minute ago, ahmwe said:

6 players to start the game, 12 to lock up but recommended 6 since you can start any mode or game type, random for me exit the room or lobby create another one ( DONT COME BACK TO YOUR OLD LOBBY) when you start the match random will not join the match. 

3 console each one has two controllers ( total 6)  with 2 accounts each console 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

So is it recommended to lock up the lobbies with 8 PS3's? Or is 3 PS3 systems just enough to boost without having to worry about randoms?

You need 14 controllers to be a full lobby in a team mode and 15 to be full on a free for all mode. For team modes I used 6 PS3s with 12 controllers and 2 PS Now trials on a PS4 and laptop. For a free for all mode, I made 2 lobbies, one with alts and one with my main account which both had identical looking names, one was a bait lobby while the other was for me to boost and I had no problems with that. It's probably worse to have more people in a lobby if the lobby isn't full, randoms might look at the lobby that has the most people and think that it's the best one to join to play the game for fun. I only ever encountered 2-3 different randoms in my whole time boosting the game. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Sergen said:

You need 14 controllers to be a full lobby in a team mode and 15 to be full on a free for all mode. For team modes I used 6 PS3s with 12 controllers and 2 PS Now trials on a PS4 and laptop. For a free for all mode, I made 2 lobbies, one with alts and one with my main account which both had identical looking names, one was a bait lobby while the other was for me to boost and I had no problems with that. It's probably worse to have more people in a lobby if the lobby isn't full, randoms might look at the lobby that has the most people and think that it's the best one to join to play the game for fun. I only ever encountered 2-3 different randoms in my whole time boosting the game. 

Have you faced any sort of glitches in trophies? 

Just now, ahmwe said:

Or trophies not popping?

7 minutes ago, ahmwe said:

Or trophies not popping?

Needed to get a 51st kill with Shadow after getting exactly 50 kills with every character, so the trophy for 50 kills with each vehicle didn't unlock upon fulfilling the requirements but was a quick fix, make sure you get 51+ kills with every vehicle. Aside from that, nothing was an issue because I hosted my own lobbies, I also re-hosted if anyone left my match early in-case those matches don't count. 

3 hours ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

Thanks guys, this makes things alot more clear now. I just need to wait on my physical copy to do the ammo glitch 1st witch hopefully arrives in a couple days :(. I have 3 PS3's and my friend has 5 or 6 or so. I got 6 controllers, so that should be no problem i think.

You have the ideal ID for a fake lobby, if you can't get a full lobby with your current hardware, use TazDevilz1986 (your PSN ID) as the lobby you host and name the bait lobby as TazDevi(i)z1986, just make a capital i instead of the L in your ID and you're good to go. You need an online pass for the retail copy, I don't think the save file is compatible with the digital version and you need to make all your progress on the same save. 

On 27/09/2018 at 7:09 AM, CristianX-97 said:

Well, the game campaign itself is relatively short any way you look at it. I can beat fairly easy in approximately 2 hours, give or take. Now, with Twisted difficulty, and with trying to get Gold in each event, you'll definitely have a lot more trouble as the AI just tares you to shreds. That being said, nothing good ol' Juggernaut can't take care of on most levels. The only ones that are very challenging in my opinion are the 2nd and 3rd boss fights, especially the 3rd one. I almost wanted to smash my screen with my controller at the part where you climb that ramp thingy with all the swinging numchucks and axes. And if that's not bad enough, the boss fight itself. If you've never played any Twisted Metal, I strongly advise you not to play it, as you'll be setting yourself up for disappointment and failure almost certainly. Hopefully this helps. 

And on another side note, Thank God I played this back in February. I literally told myself this game won't last another year, and what do you know, my guess was right on accurate. Honestly, if you haven't started this already, just avoid it, as you'll probably most certainly fail miserably. 

I disagree with that, the game is the easiest doable platinum below 0.50% rarity at the moment. I'd agree the game wouldn't be worth it without the infinite ammo glitch, because I can imagine it was incredibly difficult without it, but because it's there it makes the platinum into a complete joke. The only issue people will face is random people joining their lobby, but they won't join your lobbies every single time you do a match this month if you go for it. The game is more than doable in the remaining time and I recommend anyone who gives a damn about it to just do it now before it's too late. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sergen said:

You need an online pass for the retail copy, I don't think the save file is compatible with the digital version and you need to make all your progress on the same save.

For me, I was able to switch over to the digital version for the online. But first, I had to connect online with the physical and get my stats and vehicles to save (by means of losing a match). After that the Warthog was playable on digital. I imagine other people may have similar luck.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Empovyle said:

For me, I was able to switch over to the digital version for the online. But first, I had to connect online with the physical and get my stats and vehicles to save (by means of losing a match). After that the Warthog was playable on digital. I imagine other people may have similar luck.

I guess if you have to connect online with the retail copy to allow yourself to continue on digital, it might make using digital on your main account a bit pointless, unless you only borrowed the disc to get Twisted Gold and decided to give the disc back before finishing the platinum. A lot of people have Twisted Metal because of PS+, I wonder how many of them will test their luck and try to get Twisted Gold on the digital version :D

4 minutes ago, XJGabriel12389 said:

If I unlock the Warthog in the physical version and then I switch to digital, will the car be unlocked in the digital version? How much time take the online trophies? 

Yes, just make sure to complete a match on the physical version so that your stats and cars save to the server. According to @Sergen's friend the kills you get with Warthog on the physical version won't transfer to digital, so don't put too much time into it before switching copies.

The online trophies took 12 hours according to my statistics, which probably doesn't include loading screens and time in the menus. Relaunching the game takes about 3-5 minutes each time (30 times approx = 2 and a half hours extra at worst). If you boost with 1 or 2 other people who also want the trophies, expect double or triple that 12-14 hours.

7 minutes ago, Empovyle said:

Yes, just make sure to complete a match on the physical version so that your stats and cars save to the server. According to @Sergen's friend the kills you get with Warthog on the physical version won't transfer to digital, so don't put too much time into it before switching copies.

The online trophies took 12 hours according to my statistics, which probably doesn't include loading screens and time in the menus. Relaunching the game takes about 3-5 minutes each time (30 times approx = 2 and a half hours extra at worst). If you boost with 1 or 2 other people who also want the trophies, expect double or triple that 12-14 hours.

So I need the online pass for the platinum, that's suck.

4 minutes ago, Great_MazingerZ said:

UPDATE: bad news guys Sony shortened the shutdown date from 25th to 15th October, THIS IS PURE DICK MOVE BY SONY

Could be a typo, but that's still more than enough time for a determined person to finish it. 

Just now, Sergen said:

Could be a typo, but that's still more than enough time for a determined person to finish it. 

I haven't started the online yet trying to finish the campaign, now i am sooooooooo confused man :(

1 minute ago, Great_MazingerZ said:

I haven't started the online yet trying to finish the campaign, now i am sooooooooo confused man :(

I do agree it's a dick move that can't really be defended. Sony used to give games 90 days warning in advance before shutting the servers, now they're too impatient to do that although it wouldn't affect them to give these games 90 days... I wouldn't put it past them to really be shutting it on October 15th, I do recommend contacting customer support to ask if the date on the store or the date on their website is the real one. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sergen said:

I do agree it's a dick move that can't really be defended. Sony used to give games 90 days warning in advance before shutting the servers, now they're too impatient to do that although it wouldn't affect them to give these games 90 days... I wouldn't put it past them to really be shutting it on October 15th, I do recommend contacting customer support to ask if the date on the store or the date on their website is the real one. 

Yeah i will try to contact them and i hope some others will do also, goddamn it man i hate that stress, now i know some people will tell me why you did not do it years ago and the answer is i was boosting other online games man too many games out there you know 

• Like 1

I think i will hold it off for Twisted Metal because that is just 10 days less and i'm not sure if i can no-life myself to do it for myself + boosting partner. While Modnation and Motorstorm got 3 stupid months or so. Contacting the support might be an option. :P

BTW congrats on the Twisted Metal plat, and also impressive completion time as well. @Sergen

Edited by TazDevilz1986
  • Like 1