Twisted Metal Servers Shutting Down - January 31, 2019

Nemesis_WM

5 hours ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

Just beat it now. But the end boss is the hardest so far witch i am right now.

if you have unlimited ammo , you don't need to pick up little sweet tooth cars as explosion & throw them down on the top of the boos head guess what ? shoot the boss directly with power missile . 

• Like 1

I started on 4th of Oct.

6-8h for single on Twisted difficulty with unlimited ammo glitch+All Gold done (couldn't beat second boss last phase until I realized that you can actually use :r3: to aim up/down, lol),

6h for 30 days wins with clock/date changing (can be done even faster if you will use Last Man Standing quit for win, but I have worked on 3 x 10 wins in different modes on 3 different maps) - restarting the game and testing the Internet connection takes ages...

13h straight (!!!) for all remaining MP trophies (self boost 3 x PS3 with splitscreen) - missing only Fire in the Sky now,

All trophies popped as they should, stats were recording properly, played as a host all the time.

No problem with random joins at all.

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Smashero said:

I started on 4th of Oct.

6-8h for single on Twisted difficulty with unlimited ammo glitch+All Gold done (couldn't beat second boss last phase until I realized that you can actually use :r3: to aim up/down, lol),

6h for 30 days wins with clock/date changing (can be done even faster if you will use Last Man Standing quit for win, but I have worked on 3 x 10 wins in different modes on 3 different maps) - restarting the game and testing the Internet connection takes ages...

13h straight (!!!) for all remaining MP trophies (self boost 3 x PS3 with splitscreen) - missing only Fire in the Sky now,

All trophies popped as they should, stats were recording properly, played as a host all the time.

No problem with random joins at all.

Thats awesome to hear, should have plenty of time if i self boost from tonight.

• Like 1

I'd highly recommend not starting this game at this moment forward.  The servers are extra unstable at this point.  Maybe it's just me, but I literally get disconnected about 2 of every 3 games, and then have major issues reconnecting.  I can only complete one game per hour successfully.  It's still doable, but will be highly frustrating.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

I'd highly recommend not starting this game at this moment forward.  The servers are extra unstable at this point.  Maybe it's just me, but I literally get disconnected about 2 of every 3 games, and then have major issues reconnecting.  I can only complete one game per hour successfully.  It's still doable, but will be highly frustrating.

That's actually strange - during my complete MP "marathon" yesterday I got disconnected max. 5 times. For me it was really stable and running smoothly without any issues.

Maybe some issues with your ISP?...

Edited by Smashero

1 hour ago, Smashero said:

That's actually strange - during my complete MP "marathon" yesterday I got disconnected max. 5 times. For me it was really stable and running smoothly without any issues.

Maybe some issues with your ISP?...

Yesterday was fine for me too.  Today wasn't.  Who knows? Thankfully I'm mostly complete with things.

Something for people to consider though.

11 hours ago, B1rvine said:

I would respectfully disagree on this. You may have just had a bad run with connection, or it may have been localized to some extent. What you could do is avoid syncing any of trophies from this game. Set trophies to offline mode and turned off auto update. There is little risk involved. If the servers go down early, simply delete user without syncing.

I have no problems at all to connect to the servers or host games. However, i never could connect to other people for some reason. Also they couldn't connect to me. Today only 1 random joined my lobby, so i think it fixed the connection issue. But luckily i have enough PS3 systems to selfboost this.

23 minutes ago, clickclick-uhoh said:

I would respectfully disagree on this. You may have just had a bad run with connection, or it may have been localized to some extent. What you could do is avoid syncing any of trophies from this game. Set trophies to offline mode and turned off auto update. There is little risk involved. If the servers go down early, simply delete user without syncing.

I did this already before i started the game, and when i was boosting the game it already got synced for some reason. Also, i never synced the trophies.

My experience with these games is that turning the trophy list to offline mode and auto sync off won't work if you're going for online trophies. There's some aspect of online connectivity on PS3 and Vita that just autosyncs your trophy list even if you don't look at your trophy list or user profile.

Might be just specific games but I've had several games instantly sync the online trophies while playing online.

Edited by IDiivil

As someone who just platinumed this game, I can confirm that if you are in a winning team with the host, it also counts towards trophies even when you're not the host. I myself only hosted 4 nuke games.

Edited by Slazzio

6 hours ago, Smashero said:

Will it really prevent trophies from syncing?

6 hours ago, TazDevilz1986 said:
6 hours ago, IDiivil said:

My experience with these games is that turning the trophy list to offline mode and auto sync off won't work if you're going for online trophies. There's some aspect of online connectivity on PS3 and Vita that just autosyncs your trophy list even if you don't look at your trophy list or user profile.

Might be just specific games but I've had several games instantly sync the online trophies while playing online.

I did this already before i started the game, and when i was boosting the game it already got synced for some reason. Also, i never synced the trophies.

After checking my own trophy list some of my trophies synced as well. The ones I earned last night didnt though. I wasn't aware of this however at one point I did accidentally start a sync but canceled it after just 2 seconds. I'm not exactly sure how the trophy system works for syncing after all. I apologize for the misinformation if it was such.

UPDATE : I just played 11 games to finish up the online trophies and had zero issues with connection or stat tracking. since the beginning I hosted every game, waited until back in the lobby, exited to menu updated stats until they showed up(usually twice) then hosted a new lobby

Edited by clickclick-uhoh

On October 8, 2018 at 2:21 PM, TazDevilz1986 said:

I have no problems at all to connect to the servers or host games. However, i never could connect to other people for some reason. Also they couldn't connect to me. Today only 1 random joined my lobby, so i think it fixed the connection issue. But luckily i have enough PS3 systems to selfboost this.

On October 8, 2018 at 2:35 PM, IDiivil said:

On October 8, 2018 at 7:26 PM, clickclick-uhoh said:

After checking my own trophy list some of my trophies synced as well. The ones I earned last night didnt though. I wasn't aware of this however at one point I did accidentally start a sync but canceled it after just 2 seconds. I'm not exactly sure how the trophy system works for syncing after all. I apologize for the misinformation if it was such.

UPDATE : I just played 11 games to finish up the online trophies and had zero issues with connection or stat tracking. since the beginning I hosted every game, waited until back in the lobby, exited to menu updated stats until they showed up(usually twice) then hosted a new lobby

To avoid trophies to sync, launch a game before you sign in.
Cause if you're online and then you launch it, they sync (sometimes).

Edited by Mapa
  • Like 2

On 10/8/2018 at 5:34 AM, B1rvine said:

Yesterday was fine for me too.  Today wasn't.  Who knows? Thankfully I'm mostly complete with things.

Something for people to consider though.

It definitely depends on the time of day. I had off yesterday and started playing at 10AM EST. I did not have one issue until around 6PM EST and it quickly became unplayable around 8PM. My complete guess would be that the servers only support X amount of players or games and the recent influx has tanked that, especially at peak times. It would take around 6-7 times to login at that time — constant “unable to contact the Twisted Metal servers”. I have been playing the last 3 nights and thought it was just the way it was, but I had absolutely no issues in the morning and early afternoon when the servers were dead. So, if you can, aim to boost in the morning!

1 hour ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

I did that. And my trophies got synced later on.

From some stuff i found in another forum even viewing your trophies while signed in (even if in in offline mode) could be the culprit. did you happen to view trophies while signed in taz? 

21 minutes ago, olivetheturtle said:

It definitely depends on the time of day. I had off yesterday and started playing at 10AM EST. I did not have one issue until around 6PM EST and it quickly became unplayable around 8PM. My complete guess would be that the servers only support X amount of players or games and the recent influx has tanked that, especially at peak times. It would take around 6-7 times to login at that time — constant “unable to contact the Twisted Metal servers”. I have been playing the last 3 nights and thought it was just the way it was, but I had absolutely no issues in the morning and early afternoon when the servers were dead. So, if you can, aim to boost in the morning!

I played my last games from 7pm central us time to 11 pm central us time. there were anywhere from 20-40 game sessions active and I didn't have any connection issues. I really think it's a sporadic problem without much rhyme or reason

Edited by clickclick-uhoh

29 minutes ago, kraven_15 said:

anyone have trouble unlocking 'Right Place, Right Time'? 

I've tried a couple of times well within 5 seconds of respawning and nothing. Tried on Team Deathmatch and Deathmatch, both ranked matches. Anyone else have this issue?

I was in the same boat as you, tried several times in ranked matches but no luck, follow the strategy on this video and you be good, that’s how I got mine. 

34 minutes ago, kraven_15 said:

anyone have trouble unlocking 'Right Place, Right Time'? 

I've tried a couple of times well within 5 seconds of respawning and nothing. Tried on Team Deathmatch and Deathmatch, both ranked matches. Anyone else have this issue?

I'll also add, the trophies I list below are the ones you should prioritize.

Everything else can be done in LAN / split-screen mode offline later. The ones i've listed require the servers.

All sales are final

i h8 poachers

In your Face

Fire in the sky

Point, Shoot, Kill

Calypso

A la Mode

Another Level

Any Car Will do

12 minutes ago, Nemesis_WM said:

I was in the same boat as you, tried several times in ranked matches but no luck, follow the strategy on this video and you be good, that’s how I got mine. 

Thanks, I'll give it a go tonight.

6 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

I'll also add, the trophies I list below are the ones you should prioritize.

Everything else can be done in LAN / split-screen mode offline later. The ones i've listed require the servers.

All sales are final

i h8 poachers

In your Face

Fire in the sky

Point, Shoot, Kill

Calypso

A la Mode

Another Level

Any Car Will do

Ok great, I've been knocking out some of the misc trophies along the way but it's good to have an official list of what to prioritise. Thanks