PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Servers Shut Down - January 31, 2019

5 hours ago, Nemesis_WM said:

This is the store link for that stupid single DLC trophy, I woudn't wait too long since sony likes to delist things after they announce a shutdown like they did with ModNation.

Definitely get this sooner rather than later if you don't have it now. 

It's a very easy game to plat but very boring with all the playthroughs you need to do, about 20 if I remember right.

7 hours ago, Spaz said:

It was cross buy and both systems are tied to the same servers. Don't know why that wouldn't be the case today.

I think the cross buy ended for this game a couple of years ago. And cross play could still work but it just didn't for me.

5 hours ago, Bullstomp said:

I did the PS3 and PSVita plats years ago and had to do them both legit. If what you're saying is true about this game being auto-stackable at any time in the past I am surprised. 

Sorry, I didn't mean auto-stack, just that I would play it again on Vita and you could match up with PS3.

20 minutes ago, DizzyDavidson said:

I think the cross buy ended for this game a couple of years ago. And cross play could still work but it just didn't for me.

The game is still Cross-Buy. At least on the EU PSN it's still stated as a Cross-Buy game.

And Cross-Play still works, but the servers are quite horrible. Just helped someone getting the online trophies last weekend and I was able to help one player with the Vita-version by using my two PS3. But AFAIK you have to activate the CrossPlay-option in one of the two versions in the options (either the normal menu or inthe character select-screen).

Assuming I buy the PS3 or Vita version (I'm not buying both) of this game and immediately start going after the online, I hope I don't get fucked over by net code errors.

I was on a good internet connection when I played Killzone: Mercenary. Servers are still active and managed to find a lot of online players.

Don't know if that will be the case with Playstation All Stars. The rest of the trophy list looks pretty basic, just beat the game with all the base game characters and use their level 3 specials.

By the way, buy that DLC for that one DLC trophy before it gets delisted.

I remember going for this and was glad I got the online done. I got it as free game with the current PS3 I have. This and the R&C collection come with it.

I wasn't a big fan. It got boring doing all the play throughs with each character. I remember doing little each day and then knocked out the online part. 

Good luck to anyone who is attempting before servers goes down.

56 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

I remember going for this and was glad I got the online done. I got it as free game with the current PS3 I have. This and the R&C collection come with it.

I wasn't a big fan. It got boring doing all the play throughs with each character. I remember doing little each day and then knocked out the online part. 

Good luck to anyone who is attempting before servers goes down.

You played when more normal players were on. 

Now there’s only level 999 players and people like me who just want the online done.

31 minutes ago, Spaz said:

You played when more normal players were on. 

Now there’s only level 999 players and people like me who just want the online done.

That's true. I don't remember what level players were 5 years ago. I know it didn't take me long to get the online trophies. I can see it being much more difficult now if players are ranked that high.

17 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

That's true. I don't remember what level players were 5 years ago. I know it didn't take me long to get the online trophies. I can see it being much more difficult now if players are ranked that high.

I’ll just have to hope for the best.

2 hours ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

It's not actually much of a Smash rip-off at all, and why would that be a bad thing if it was. It's actually a pretty solid game and honestly it had potential if people who hadn't even played it didn't keep just labelling it some shitty Smash knock-off.

The main thing that wasn't well executed was that so many iconic characters were missing, but if this had more PS icons it would have been a bloody good game. 

Why is Smash somehow the only fighting game with characters from multiple properties allowed, can't someone else do that? Smash wasn't even the first to do it... *facepalm*

The objective is to knock opponents off stage depending how much damage they have. That's exactly what Smash bros did first. It is a rip off.

34 minutes ago, The Titan said:

The objective is to knock opponents off stage depending how much damage they have. That's exactly what Smash bros did first. It is a rip off.

That's not the objective... But okay. You actually try to earn special moves etc. and attempt to land them for kills, with higher level specials being easier to land but harder to earn. A fair amount of arenas don't even have edges to fall off of if I recall correctly.

All that is similar is it being 2d multi-layered arena fighting game with a cast of characters from various other games.

And I must repeat, if it truly is a 'rip-off' why would that be such a bad thing? Smash is a good game, why would a Playstation themed Smash be 'bad' if it did the exact same thing? Sure, being a copycat looks bad, but if the games good then the games good.

As we've seen in the Battle Royale space with the PUBG vs. Fortnite 'copying' argument, you can't claim ownership to a genre, especially one you weren't even the first to do, and even moreso when the game has a different identity.

• Like 1

I already got 100% + plat and I really didn't like this game. The controls were really sticky (as in the characters didn't move fluid enough) and the multiplayer is filled with lvl 999 Kratos mains who combo your butts. I suggest trying to get at least a group for this one, I was lucky to be able to solo this.

Edited by wackt1

1 hour ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

That's not the objective... But okay. You actually try to earn special moves etc. and attempt to land them for kills, with higher level specials being easier to land but harder to earn. A fair amount of arenas don't even have edges to fall off of if I recall correctly.

All that is similar is it being 2d multi-layered arena fighting game with a cast of characters from various other games.

And I must repeat, if it truly is a 'rip-off' why would that be such a bad thing? Smash is a good game, why would a Playstation themed Smash be 'bad' if it did the exact same thing? Sure, being a copycat looks bad, but if the games good then the games good.

As we've seen in the Battle Royale space with the PUBG vs. Fortnite 'copying' argument, you can't claim ownership to a genre, especially one you weren't even the first to do, and even moreso when the game has a different identity.

I mean with fortnite and pubg, they did the whole battle royal thing to death. Battle royal has been around since like a long time. With Smash bros and PABR they feel almost the exact same. Except one just has awful controls and Crappy stages. The other is a well made game with tons of polish and great fluid controls. I guess it's not a rip off. More of an inferior product. 

2 hours ago, wackt1 said:

I already got 100% + plat and I really didn't like this game. The controls were really sticky (as in the characters didn't move fluid enough) and the multiplayer is filled with lvl 999 Kratos mains who combo your butts. I suggest trying to get at least a group for this one, I was lucky to be able to solo this.

I did it all in three hours today.

I just ran into a couple lvl 999 Kratos who kicked my butt, but it wasn't anything serious. Kratos seems to be the most broken out of all the characters however.

Got extremely lucky on the This is Living online trophy, played against a lvl 2 Dante who didn't know what he was doing, killed him three times in a stock match before he was able to kill me once.

The rest I got mostly on my own. I had someone help me out with the ranked match by having him invite me to his Party, just needed to play one match and that was it. The Versus trophy is easy, but it must be boosted with someone on your friends list.

I used Kratos for the Team Sweeper trophy and PaRappa for the Triple Kill trophy. Thank fuck for the PS3 and Vita versions using the same servers.

Good luck to everyone going for the online.

Finally got it, but good luck getting a match with the state of the current servers. It didn't work 9 times out of 10.

My personal recommendation would be to only play with characters like Heihachi or Parappa, who have sure-kill level 3 supers.

This helps for the Triple kill and Team sweeper trophies.

As for the This is living trophy, I got lucky and won a match because our opponents had poor connection and got kicked out. ?

I'd definitely recommend boosting it as soon as you can, because like me, you'll hate getting juggled by level 999 players.

1 hour ago, omarbanzai said:

Finally got it, but good luck getting a match with the state of the current servers. It didn't work 9 times out of 10.

My personal recommendation would be to only play with characters like Heihachi or Parappa, who have sure-kill level 3 supers.

This helps for the Triple kill and Team sweeper trophies.

As for the This is living trophy, I got lucky and won a match because our opponents had poor connection and got kicked out. 1f605.png

I'd definitely recommend boosting it as soon as you can, because like me, you'll hate getting juggled by level 999 players.

I got the Triple Kill trophy with the help of someone from the Playstationtrophies.org forums. PaRappa isn't a bad character to be honest.

Yeah I was lucky on that too. Was playing against a level 2 Dante. But I definitely got juggled by level 999 Kratos players, who is probably the single best character to juggle with.

I remember going for the online trophies, had to get most with boosting. I did get one of the ones legit in some 2v2 match. I think it was for not dying in one and winning or getting a double kill or something. One of the disconnected but the game didn’t actually kick the player or end the game as it usually does. So I only had to avoid one level 999 player as my teammate beat on him and I spammed Parappas boom box to feed him and me. Lol 

what a dumb game. They should’ve went with the same gameplay mechanics as Smash instead of the weird super kills thing. Doesn’t matter the mechanics are different, people still say it’s a ripoff (while also complaining it didn’t rip off enough).

On 9/26/2018 at 9:24 PM, kingdrake2 said:

i remember back then i actually put down the game because i couldn't get the living trophy but i went back after having a vita.

it worked out.

I played the Vita version first and easily got the online trophies in a day or 2 i think and then i couldnt get the ones on ps3 and put it down... finally got them but all I need now is to finnish the repetitive story ?

7 minutes ago, Eraezr said:

Do I need to buy the Network Pass for this, even though I have PS+?

Yes, there was a short period in which games has network passes. They wanted to do something about reselling games. Next owner had to buy the network pass before going online. Buying the digital game includes that pass.