PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Servers Shut Down - January 31, 2019

For anyone considering it, I had a pretty easy time getting most of the online trophies for both consoles. Still need Triple Kill on PS3, that's it. Took just a few hours with a couple ps3s and a Vita. Having a little trouble finding a ffa match with PS3 though. ?

Luckily the online trophies are pretty easy. I had a really good teammate that I met online there and he helped me get the one for winning a match without dying. 

I'll be honest with you guys. I bought this game just to add to my unattainable trophies list. I played this when it first came out on my friend's PS3 and had fun but never bought it. Seeing the servers getting shut down made me decided to add the plat to my list because next month it won't be possible. 

I play on two PS3s and a Vita. Got the Vita trophies in a couple of minutes boosting with myself. Got all except Triple Kill on PS3 because I can't seem to find any matches.

Getting net code error when I try to join a ranked match solo. When I try 2p ranked I find a game and join but the connection to host drops in a second.

Any ideas?

6 hours ago, Empovyle said:

Shutdown has been pushed forward to October 15, 2018.

Source: https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/legal/gameservers/

That's unfortunate.

ANYONE who wants the plat needs to boost the online trophies today. If they pushed it up once, who knows if they'll push it up again. I wouldn't be surprised if they just shut the servers down on Monday for all we know. 

Just don't get locked out of the plat. Online only takes 1-3 hours doing it legit and less if you're boosting. Hop on and get your online trophies!

• Like 1

Damn I really need to get the last few trophies: 

Friendly Competition, Tournament Fighter, First Blood, Victorious, This is Living

If anyone is willing to help me (or I'll help you) quickly, that would be great. Just provide your PSN and I'll add you. My settings are set to private (due to past attempted hackings).

Edited by noahez92

Playing online I see a lot of trophy hunters picking Spike and Heihachi just because of their instakill level 3s being good for triple kills. So I compiled this list of supers sorted by easiness that are great for doing the same thing:

1. Kratos level 2 - just have to line everyone up vertically. This passes through walls. The super itself gets a lot bigger towards the top of the screen, so they don't have to be 100% on the same pixel to kill all 3 at the same time
  2. Evil Cole level 2 - big AOE around E.Cole. Holding down :r2: will make it last longer and drain AP
  3. Radec level 2 - line everyone up horizontally. This also passes through walls and goes across the whole screen
  4. Toro, PaRappa level 3 - These are all instakills, the only problem is the characters themselves aren't very strong without combos. Toro and PaRappa can both gain AP by :circle: and :down::circle: respectively
  5. Heihachi, Spike level 3 - Also instakills, but these two can't gain their own AP. They have a lot more heavy hitting moves compared to PaRappa and Toro
  6. Sackboy level 2 - you can put his level 2 wherever you want, so just put it over everyone if they're clumped together
  7. Drake level 2 - Everyone needs to be standing a bit in front of or above Drake
  8. Emmett level 2 - huge AOE that drops in front of Emmett onto whichever platform you're standing on, bit worse than Drake's because its very telegraphed. He can gain his own AP with :circle:
  9. Dante level 2 - line everyone up horizontally. Slow
  10. Cole level 2 - line everyone up horizontally. Even more slow. At this point you should just use Radec instead
  11. Isaac level 2 - big AOE similar to Evil Cole's just a bit smaller
  12. Zeus level 3 - harder to do, but its possible to kill all 3 players with one punch
  13. PaRappa level 2 - everyone needs to be clumped up together to kill everyone at the same time otherwise it won't work.
Edited by Empovyle

On 10/3/2018 at 4:30 AM, Empovyle said:

Shutdown has been pushed forward to October 15, 2018.

Source: https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/legal/gameservers/

This is bullshit. 

If you’re going to make a server announcement, don’t make sudden changes like pushing the date to an earlier time. 

I hate when companies do this. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

This is bullshit. 

If you’re going to make a server announcement, don’t make sudden changes like pushing the date to an earlier time. 

I hate when companies do this. 

Seriously that’s just disgraceful, I don’t understand Sony, they shortened the date for this and twisted metal but yet they extended the shutdown date for modnation racers. Is it to much to have like 2 months server closure date notice and to actually stick to the date you give 

Got all the online trophies pretty easily, took about an hour to get them all while 15 minutes of that was trying to find my boosting partner in versus mode thanks to the terrible servers. There's a lot more people than just the 999s around so it's actually much easier to get them all if you do them now. I only ended up with a full 999 battle on the first battle I tried today, and ran into them only twice after that.

28 minutes ago, themindisacity said:

I am having wars trying to find my boosting people.  If we're lucky, three of us will end up in a lobby together.  Any tips?

Yeah, just do 2v2 battles for all the trophies except the triple kill. Then when you have all those trophies, try to meet back up and if not, it's easy enough to get a triple kill with characters like Parappa, Heinchi, Toro, etc. It's easy for 2 teams of 2 to find each other than it is 4 individuals. 

I was able to use my Vita to connect to my PS3 account (with a splitscreen 2p) and get all the trophies in one match except the triple. 

47 minutes ago, KeithMan1988 said:

Hello. I need a boosting partners for my brother’s PSN account. Because he’s going to get a platinum trophy for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. He needs an online trophies to get it done before the online server shuts down for good on Oct 25th.

Create a boosting session or join one of the existing ones. Be aware though, the servers are expected to close on the 15th, not the 25th.

2 hours ago, mekktor said:

Create a boosting session or join one of the existing ones. Be aware though, the servers are expected to close on the 15th, not the 25th.

That's still enough time to finish, the online takes less than an hour with the required people and there's no shortage of people who would want to boost it now. 

36 minutes ago, Einigkeit said:

Can you get The Heavenly Goddess while playing online? If so, does anyone have that map and willing to hop online to help me knock it out? I don't particularly want to spend the $2 on the map just to use it once, but I'll do it if I have to.

Pretty sure you have to own the map to get the trophy, you can't get it through anyone else.

• Like 2