PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Servers Shut Down - January 31, 2019

I can 100% confirm the online fearures for this game is still up and running. I recently redownloaded the game to my Vita, despite the fact I already earned the 100% for both the PS3 & Vita versions back in May, just to see if the servers were still up or not. Before I checked I noticed there was still a lot of recent players for the two trophy lists earning trophies within the last 24 hours but I couldn’t tell if it was just players cleaning up the platinum, earning the MP trophies or both.

I loaded up the game and connected online (after accepting the TOS that pops up every time you load up the game and connect to the servers) and had zero issues. I then knew that the game was not shut down as I could view the in-game leaderboards. I managed to find an online match after five minutes of beginning my search for a quick match.

So no, Sony has not shut down the servers for this game. I’ve heard that they also forgot to flip the switch for the Sound Shapes online features, but the Twisted Metal & Warhawk servers however, are no more!

40 minutes ago, Skeptical69 said:

I can 100% confirm the online fearures for this game is still up and running. I recently redownloaded the game to my Vita, despite the fact I already earned the 100% for both the PS3 & Vita versions back in May, just to see if the servers were still up or not. Before I checked I noticed there was still a lot of recent players for the two trophy lists earning trophies within the last 24 hours but I couldn’t tell if it was just players cleaning up the platinum, earning the MP trophies or both.

I loaded up the game and connected online (after accepting the TOS that pops up every time you load up the game and connect to the servers) and had zero issues. I then knew that the game was not shut down as I could view the in-game leaderboards. I managed to find an online match after five minutes of beginning my search for a quick match.

So no, Sony has not shut down the servers for this game. I’ve heard that they also forgot to flip the switch for the Sound Shapes online features, but the Twisted Metal & Warhawk servers however, are no more!

Both Warhawk and Twisted Metal, are still up and running but I have no idea for how much longer.

The shutdown date for PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale has been extended to January 31 2019. 

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP9000-NPEA00413_00-PSABATROYL000001

Note: Not all psn stores may reflect this change and may take time to update. The decommissioned servers page has also not been updated yet. 

In other news. The shutdown date for Twisted Metal online has also been extended to January 31 2019.

No information is available regarding Warhawk. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 1:34 PM, Sanji89 said:

Is the network pass not available anymore in the store? I cant find it

It was included free with the game if you bought it new. I initially thought I didn't have it because I couldn't connect online but then just realized a few days ago that it is a separate download that you will find in your download list if you are playing it on the Vita.

11 hours ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

It was included free with the game if you bought it new. I initially thought I didn't have it because I couldn't connect online but then just realized a few days ago that it is a separate download that you will find in your download list if you are playing it on the Vita.

I bought it on ebay a few weeks ago and the code was already used :/

• 3 weeks later...

I was looking to buy this used on eBay for the Ps3, will I still be able to connect online without the pass? I was looking through the ps3 store and didn't see an online pass anymore. Can anyone inform me what I should do? Will buying the digital version come with the online pass?? Thanks in advance 

4 minutes ago, TheCobra305 said:

I was looking to buy this used on eBay for the Ps3, will I still be able to connect online without the pass? I was looking through the ps3 store and didn't see an online pass anymore. Can anyone inform me what I should do? Will buying the digital version come with the online pass?? Thanks in advance 

Digital version comes with the online pass - it was previously free on PS Plus, so if you've been a sub for a while you might own the digital version.

I have the disc, as I bought it a long time ago and did the Vita version.

I was unable to use the disc online as it said I needed a pass. Of note, I could not find the pass online in the store.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, diskdocx said:

Digital version comes with the online pass - it was previously free on PS Plus, so if you've been a sub for a while you might own the digital version.

I have the disc, as I bought it a long time ago and did the Vita version.

I was unable to use the disc online as it said I needed a pass. Of note, I could not find the pass online in the store.

Thanks for the reply. I guess I will buy the game digitally then to be safe. 

5 minutes ago, TheCobra305 said:

Thanks for the reply. I guess I will buy the game digitally then to be safe. 

I checked again today as I wanted to self boost, and I couldn’t redeem my pass (I bought the game new), and there definitely isn’t a pass available on the store anymore.

of interest, I also own the digital version, which has a separate download for the pass, but this does not seem to be compatible with the physical version, so I believe that unless you already have the online pass on your account for the physical disc, you can’t get online with it now.

Edited by diskdocx
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Jeffboy24 said:

So i can't use the DLC that i bought on my Main Account to get the DLC trophy on my second account aswell?

You can, you just have to make sure it's downloaded on the PS3 you're using. What you can't do is join someone's online game and get the trophy that way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Servers have not been working properly for approximately the past 3 days and it seems that no one has been able to connect to a multiplayer match. If you're still looking to start this, it's best you wait and see if they start working again otherwise you might have an unobtainable platinum on your hands.

Edited by Empovyle

I got 7/8 online trophies today only missing tripel kill! Can't find a FFA match for the life of me.

Edit: Took me 8 hours of seaching and i finally found an FFA- quick match and got "Tripel kill!".

So i can confirm that the platinum is achivabel, but it is not an easy platinum anymore. So dont start it if you dont have time to try for 5-10 hours. If you are lucky and find matches it will take you 2 matches online and 1 versus to get all MP trophies. That is if you plan it out and get another booster in your 2v2 match. So 10 min in game and several hours of waiting, too get MP trophies.

Edited by pikaopas