PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Servers Shut Down - January 31, 2019

On 1/18/2019 at 5:14 AM, Empovyle said:

Servers have not been working properly for approximately the past 3 days and it seems that no one has been able to connect to a multiplayer match. If you're still looking to start this, it's best you wait and see if they start working again otherwise you might have an unobtainable platinum on your hands.

I agree with this, it's frustrating as well because it seems to be ok with the US servers, anything to do with the European servers on my end is just as you said, I was trying to get it on my psvita starting from Sunday and i had no luck getting into any match, I would even get the "Connecting" msg and then it would stop and start searching for opponents again until it gives me the "failed to find a valid match to join error code: 0314-0101".
Another thing i tried was using a different account on the ps3, where I would invite my main account to a different ps3 account but I had no luck there, i would "join" the invitation from the vita to the ps3 and i would see my account name there, but then i would get kicked out of it after a few seconds, this is with the vita saying "joining" on its end.

I would like to know if anyone has been having the same problems I've been having as well.

Another thing I tried doing is having other people invite me to their games, and it ended with the same result as I have mentioned before, which is the joining and getting kicked a few seconds later, it also happens to them as well when I invite them to my game, they would get kicked out after a few seconds.

Are the servers ok in the US?

Are they even working in Europe(pal version of the game)? 

7 hours ago, Nadashi_UAE said:

I agree with this, it's frustrating as well because it seems to be ok with the US servers, anything to do with the European servers on my end is just as you said, I was trying to get it on my psvita starting from Sunday and i had no luck getting into any match, I would even get the "Connecting" msg and then it would stop and start searching for opponents again until it gives me the "failed to find a valid match to join error code: 0314-0101".
Another thing i tried was using a different account on the ps3, where I would invite my main account to a different ps3 account but I had no luck there, i would "join" the invitation from the vita to the ps3 and i would see my account name there, but then i would get kicked out of it after a few seconds, this is with the vita saying "joining" on its end.

I would like to know if anyone has been having the same problems I've been having as well.

Another thing I tried doing is having other people invite me to their games, and it ended with the same result as I have mentioned before, which is the joining and getting kicked a few seconds later, it also happens to them as well when I invite them to my game, they would get kicked out after a few seconds.

Are the servers ok in the US?

Are they even working in Europe(pal version of the game)? 

Same issue on my end on the ps3. Invites fail every single time. I tried lobbying up with my alts and some friends but no luck. Also been searching endlessly in both Ranked and Quick matches but I get the same Opponents Found message before it reverts to Searching and ultimately failing. Haven't been able to connect to a single match yet. I did the vita version a couple of weeks ago and it was nowhere near as bad. Beginning to lose all hope with this. If anyone knows of a workaround it would be much appreciated.

Edited by bonafide327

Not sure if this helps but here it goes

For the PS3 version of the game trying to join with friends or your "boosting group" i had the issue back in 2016 with the same not being able to invite or just simply join games friends were in. However if you all get on a mic or pay attention to PSN chat / Discord and press "Search" at the same time 9/10 times you end up in the same lobby. Allowing you to boost the trophies in that match freely. 

The PS Vita version i can't comment on because i did it in 2013 without boosting and all the servers were fine then. 

18 minutes ago, DarkSoleride said:

Not sure if this helps but here it goes

For the PS3 version of the game trying to join with friends or your "boosting group" i had the issue back in 2016 with the same not being able to invite or just simply join games friends were in. However if you all get on a mic or pay attention to PSN chat / Discord and press "Search" at the same time 9/10 times you end up in the same lobby. Allowing you to boost the trophies in that match freely. 

The PS Vita version i can't comment on because i did it in 2013 without boosting and all the servers were fine then. 

Unfortunately I have tried that method with people I know from the EU region plus the NA region, it seams like the EU servers are down but I am not sure in what way exactly, I've been looking around and also asked someone from the NA region if they could find a match online and they said yes, but when I asked someone from the EU region to look for a match, they couldn't. Trying to search for a match on both the ps3 and the psvita for the past couple of days for me in the EU server region hasn't worked, It seams that it was fine earlier this month since someone from the EU region managed to get some of the online trophies on the 6th, but after that it has been a bit quiet.

4 minutes ago, Nadashi_UAE said:

Unfortunately I have tried that method with people I know from the EU region plus the NA region, it seams like the EU servers are down but I am not sure in what way exactly,

urgh that is annoying i am sorry to hear that. Not really what else to suggest then.

Just now, DarkSoleride said:

urgh that is annoying i am sorry to hear that. Not really what else to suggest then.

It's okay, hopefully this issue gets resolved by PlayStation, I have a feeling it is from their end, If my voice could be heard by them i would of reached out to them by now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nadashi_UAE said:

It's okay, hopefully this issue gets resolved by PlayStation, I have a feeling it is from their end, If my voice could be heard by them i would of reached out to them by now.

I am from the EU and where in a match last night (took around 2 hours to find one), but everyone from my group have the same issues as you (EU and US). It seams random how can get in and how can't, maybe servers close to mye country still works and other parts of the EU dosen't, i don't know.

4 hours ago, pikaopas said:

I am from the EU and where in a match last night (took around 2 hours to find one), but everyone from my group have the same issues as you (EU and US). It seams random how can get in and how can't, maybe servers close to mye country still works and other parts of the EU dosen't, i don't know.

Around what time did you guys get together and managed to get into a game?, i'm trying to figure out when the servers might be a little bit populated so that I can try and actually find matches online.

9 hours ago, Nadashi_UAE said:

Around what time did you guys get together and managed to get into a game?, i'm trying to figure out when the servers might be a little bit populated so that I can try and actually find matches online.

Around 5 pm- 7 pm GMT. One of the guy i got in a match with did not manage to get the trophys on that try it because one left the match, but i saw he got it last night (look at last achiver for triple kill). Maybe he has some pointers i mist out on. I also got my trophie around this time 6 pm GMT - 11 pm GMT. Think this is the best time because US and EU are on the servers at that time.

On 1/23/2019 at 0:17 PM, pikaopas said:

Around 5 pm- 7 pm GMT. One of the guy i got in a match with did not manage to get the trophys on that try it because one left the match, but i saw he got it last night (look at last achiver for triple kill). Maybe he has some pointers i mist out on. I also got my trophie around this time 6 pm GMT - 11 pm GMT. Think this is the best time because US and EU are on the servers at that time.

I see, i'm guessing I should try around that time as well and see how lucky I get. thanks for the reply :D 

2 hours ago, Sydoki said:

I've been struggling to find a single multiplayer match...I have no idea what to do at that point tbh

Only thing I can say is if you haven't unlocked any trophies for this game yet then don't waste your time on it, especially if its at 0%, if not, then we're in the same boat just keep on trying to find a match, cause I know there are a lot more people who are having trouble finding any matches, (even if you invite each other).

4 hours ago, Nadashi_UAE said:

Only thing I can say is if you haven't unlocked any trophies for this game yet then don't waste your time on it, especially if its at 0%, if not, then we're in the same boat just keep on trying to find a match, cause I know there are a lot more people who are having trouble finding any matches, (even if you invite each other).

It's already on my list. The problem is that you can't even invite another player into a party, let alone connecting to randoms through matchmaking

3 minutes ago, Sydoki said:

It's already on my list. The problem is that you can't even invite another player into a party, let alone connecting to randoms through matchmaking

Yeah, everyone has this problem, it's really dumb, I just feel like Sony/ PlayStation is messing with us right before closing the servers since it was fine early January, and the last couple of months of 2018.

9 hours ago, Sydoki said:

I've contacted PSN Support and they assured me that online was shut down on 10/28/2018. How come other players are still getting online trophies? I haven't been able to find a single match.

I have a feeling you spoke to one of those who don't really know what's going on in their own company (someone not really informed about game server statuses), some people were still getting on in November and continued playing online till this day.

2 hours ago, Nadashi_UAE said:

I have a feeling you spoke to one of those who don't really know what's going on in their own company (someone not really informed about game server statuses), some people were still getting on in November and continued playing online till this day.

Look at the text bellow game in ps store! Here is written that the game servers will be closed on 31st of January. You can even see the time

6 hours ago, Nadashi_UAE said:

Or they're just playing dumb. They don't want to do anything about this.

So just last night I was able to connect 2v2 with my two PS3's with two controllers each. Also could send an invite from my Vita to my Alt PS3 and was able to get into same lobby. It would appear that connection is easier over the same network. I am getting a third PS3 today and will be testing if I can get into Ranked FFA with 3 PS3's and a Vita. Will post results tomorrow. Fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Afro_Gear said:

So just last night I was able to connect 2v2 with my two PS3's with two controllers each. Also could send an invite from my Vita to my Alt PS3 and was able to get into same lobby. It would appear that connection is easier over the same network. I am getting a third PS3 today and will be testing if I can get into Ranked FFA with 3 PS3's and a Vita. Will post results tomorrow. Fingers crossed. 

I have actually 2 vitas, and my friend have one vita. So, i should buy one more, hope it helps. Before buying try to connect with two, any new information i will write here

On 1/25/2019 at 3:00 PM, Afro_Gear said:

And it worked!

• Like 1

Hello everyone, so here is an update on what I think is going on with the servers in this game from what I've seen and tested:-
1- The servers seem to be favoring anyone that lives in the US/NA region, anyone in the EU and Asia will have a hard time trying to connect to others.
2- Invites seem work between people in the US/NA, but not US/EU/Asia.
3- If you are in the US/Na region you can use 4 devices with different accounts to boost yourself, but if you have 4 devices (2 psvitas/2 ps3s)(4 different account) from what I tried doing in the UAE/PAL region, it doesn't work (it could work with someone with a similar setup to mine in the EU (not 100% sure needs to be confirmed), I tried inviting myself, from each console and it wouldn't work, (I would get the Joining message) and it would drop after just a few seconds.
4- I haven't tested this yet (and I might not), but I think using a VPN might help.

5- Another solution is to have someone trustworthy and reliable from the US/NA region help with boosting (having someone access the account and playing the game for you).
6- Good luck to you all.

Edited by Nadashi_UAE