How different does the story and dialogue feel to the first game?

Eraezr

On 9/27/2018 at 8:25 AM, JoeShorts said:

The game very closely resembles the first in multiple ways and one of which is the dialogue and character interactions. I think if you didn't care for the dialogue in the first one you probably wont like this one either. 

I STRONGLY disagree! I shows its been 10 years since VC1 and how voice acting is so much better is most videogame, especially a game like Valkyria 4 that as much dialogue. I replayed VC1 and laugh how weird and cheesy lines were sometimes, but VC4 is great, like watching a high quality Anime! Sometimes cheesy lines for humor reasons, but overall (I am passed 50% of the story), it as a FAR BETTER story in dialogue!!! :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CHARLIE79 said:

I STRONGLY disagree! I shows its been 10 years since VC1 and how voice acting is so much better is most videogame, especially a game like Valkyria 4 that as much dialogue. I replayed VC1 and laugh how weird and cheesy lines were sometimes, but VC4 is great, like watching a high quality Anime! Sometimes cheesy lines for humor reasons, but overall (I am passed 50% of the story), it as a FAR BETTER story in dialogue!!! :D

Are you referring to the voice acting in English? Because the acting in Japanese seemed to be pretty much on the same level to me in the two games.

DLC western release schedule

https://gematsu.com/2018/09/valkyria-chronicles-4-dlc-western-release-schedule-announced
I've decided I'll buy this game, but I'm not sure if I should buy it now to support it or to wait for a 'Complete' edition or buying the game cheap then topping off the rest. If the current game's content is fair and transparently complete, I'd go for now.

On 10/1/2018 at 6:15 PM, cckerberos said:

Are you referring to the voice acting in English? Because the acting in Japanese seemed to be pretty much on the same level to me in the two games.

I am sorry, but do you UNDERSTAND Japanese language??? I may offend some people, but IMO, if you dont know the language, IT MAKES NO SENSE watching anime or a videogame in Japanese, so I ONLY talk about the great English voice acting. I know English & French so the only language I will ear on TV. Media (videogames, TV, movies are for watching and earring, not for reading)!

5 hours ago, CHARLIE79 said:

I am sorry, but do you UNDERSTAND Japanese language??? I may offend some people, but IMO, if you dont know the language, IT MAKES NO SENSE watching anime or a videogame in Japanese, so I ONLY talk about the great English voice acting. I know English & French so the only language I will ear on TV. Media (videogames, TV, movies are for watching and earring, not for reading)!

Yes, I do. I played the game entirely in Japanese before it was released in English.

• 9 months later...
On 10/6/2018 at 8:49 PM, CHARLIE79 said:

Why doesn't it make sense? Some people (like me) just prefer the original voices. You specifically mentioned anime and video games so I somehow get your point, but when it comes to real actors I just hate dubbing.

Regarding the dialogues it's a little bit less cheesy than the first one but still has this strange Japanese style I somehow dislike like for example that girl on the ship that always calls Claude a maggot and he is just ok with it.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
On 9/27/2018 at 6:54 PM, Eraezr said:

I wasn't too hot on the cheesy dialogue, specifically between Alicia and Welkin, or the princess's character arc being bit of a cliche. Does VC4 hold itself better in writing? I'm OK with some cheese, just not too much of it. I

Verdict: Writing is better for dialogue.