Advanced boosting tips

VirtualNight

Thanks for posting this, great advice. I started on TDM and DM since the rounds can be 5 minutes round. Do 1 kill, have it count as a win and it will take 8 hours to do TDM and 4 hours to do DM (I had already done the IAR kills for each medal).

But I will have to do CTF quite a bit now.

With 2 copies of the game, how many bots would I have available?

57 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

Thanks for posting this, great advice. I started on TDM and DM since the rounds can be 5 minutes round. Do 1 kill, have it count as a win and it will take 8 hours to do TDM and 4 hours to do DM (I had already done the IAR kills for each medal).

But I will have to do CTF quite a bit now.

With 2 copies of the game, how many bots would I have available?

1 ps3 = max 4 players (4 pads, reassign a single pad doesn't work).

Some more tips that might be helpful:

Get a turbo controller for weapons kills then have the other bots run into the line of fire.

The stats will not update immediately (found this out the hard way). You will get medals/ribbons but it may take a few minutes. Shutdown the game and start it back up. 

• Like 2

Does anybody have the badges and medal requirements online? Everything points out to the official site but it's closed now.

Also wondering a thing about time requirements, if you play in glitched ranked splitscreen, would it take less time if the main and alt sit in vehicles? Say you need 50h in aircraft, what if the main and alt accounts sit in one during 25 hours at the same time, would it work?

33 minutes ago, GastNDorf said:

Does anybody have the badges and medal requirements online? Everything points out to the official site but it's closed now.

Also wondering a thing about time requirements, if you play in glitched ranked splitscreen, would it take less time if the main and alt sit in vehicles? Say you need 50h in aircraft, what if the main and alt accounts sit in one during 25 hours at the same time, would it work?

The requirements in the game are self explanatory.

No, all stats from bots DO NOT COUNT.

1 hour ago, GastNDorf said:

I thought it was more handy to have them written elsewhere but I guess it's a no.

I have a spreadsheet I can send you that details the badges and medals if you're interested.

EDIT: I uploaded it for anyone else that may want it. Badges/medals are on different tabs.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=04639161151412773329

Edited by dj_helyx
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, GastNDorf said:

I thought it was more handy to have them written elsewhere but I guess it's a no.

Well you could always write them on a paper or a program, anyway someone did that job above for all.

Edited by VirtualNight

3 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

Running into an issue where teams can't choose APC's as a spawn point, which will speed up the boosting process. 

As long as the driver is in, they can respawn there; unless for zone defences doing that is useless as you have that good spawning point in eucadia.

10 minutes ago, VirtualNight said:

As long as the driver is in, they can respawn there; unless for zone defences doing that is useless as you have that good spawning point in eucadia.

The driver is in, but I can't choose APC as a spawn point. 

EDIT: Because I was using dropship. I haven't slept well the past 4 days lol. 

Edited by POEman553

Why you say that is slower doing a neutralization?

You got a neutralization, when you reduce from level 1 to level 0 an enemy zone, so if a bot stay on a zone and continuosly conquer it at level 1 and you continuosly neutralize the zone (by step in and then step out of it), it's faster than doing a reduction.

EDIT:

I managed to obtain 122 neutralizations by doing the step in-out method described above in a 30 minutes match and just 2 pads, so it's very very good (8-9 matches to reach 1000 neutralizations and so, 1000 captures for the other requirement later).

Only the expansions are slow. I managed to obtain 63 of them with the same method in a 30 minutes match.

Edited by APCGrayLocked
update with my results
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, APCGrayLocked said:

Why you say that is slower doing a neutralization?

You got a neutralization, when you reduce from level 1 to level 0 an enemy zone, so if a bot stay on a zone and continuosly conquer it at level 1 and you continuosly neutralize the zone (by step in and then step out of it), it's faster than doing a reduction.

EDIT:

I managed to obtain 122 neutralizations by doing the step in-out method described above in a 30 minutes match and just 2 pads, so it's very very good (8-9 matches to reach 1000 neutralizations and so, 1000 captures for the other requirement later).

Only the expansions are slow. I managed to obtain 63 of them with the same method in a 30 minutes match.

OPS! my bad sorry, i meant reductions are slower than neutralizations.

Edited by VirtualNight

Some more advice from over the weekend:

-Medals will not unlock if you are exactly on the dot with the global requirements for the medal. You have to do IAR requirements afterwards. Weird I know -- Legion of Merit unlocked for me after I did 20 zone defends. All of the other medals were the same with this.

-If you're going for a badge/medal and you met the requirements, always quit out of the game from XMB and wait about 5 to 10 minutes, maybe longer depending on how many matches you did at once. Then when you login, you'll get the badge/medal you are working on.

-The Badlands/CTF & Zones is probably the best map (thanks to Arkon Rhys from his solo boosting tips), especially with APC. I did the badges for 4x4/tanks/WH machineguns on that map. I wish Eucadia had a spot for a APC or an easier way to get the bots in position instead of having to chase them down.

I've gotten about 33 hours in so far and I'm a bit more confident I will get the Platinum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, POEman553 said:

Some more advice from over the weekend:

-Medals will not unlock if you are exactly on the dot with the global requirements for the medal. You have to do IAR requirements afterwards. Weird I know -- Legion of Merit unlocked for me after I did 20 zone defends. All of the other medals were the same with this.

-If you're going for a badge/medal and you met the requirements, always quit out of the game from XMB and wait about 5 to 10 minutes, maybe longer depending on how many matches you did at once. Then when you login, you'll get the badge/medal you are working on.

-The Badlands/CTF & Zones is probably the best map (thanks to Arkon Rhys from his solo boosting tips), especially with APC. I did the badges for 4x4/tanks/WH machineguns on that map. I wish Eucadia had a spot for a APC or an easier way to get the bots in position instead of having to chase them down.

I've gotten about 33 hours in so far and I'm a bit more confident I will get the Platinum.

If you want APC on Eucadia just make the biggest map. Do not forget that you must pick a map with the APC DLC symbol to have that vehicle. I think you didn't find out the spot i mentioned as there the bots spawn exactly in the same point, in fact i remember when i was doing tank kills i just had to press the shooting button over and over again as the bots were always all together in the same spot.

Edited by VirtualNight

40 minutes ago, VirtualNight said:

If you want APC on Eucadia just make the biggest map. I think you didn't find out the spot i mentioned as there the bots spawn exactly in the same point, in fact i remember when i was doing tank kills i just had to press the shooting button over and over again as the bots were always all together in the same spot.

I'll try that, thanks. I'm hoping to get the Platinum by this time next week.